ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

oubre in nikes now too, 3 stripes just gave up on their bball division?

i know these guys aren't going to be superstars but their roster is really thinning out

copped the 98 X BYW during hypefest, got them in and laced them up to ball, and i had to send them right back. traction and cushioning felt great, the heel felt chunky but fine. the upper felt great in-hand and on feet but the fit was horrible. my foot never felt locked in and kept shifting front to back and side to side, and there was an uncomfortable amount of heel slip with and without ankle braces.

for reference, i went TTS as i do in kobes, on court i slash, cut, and stop on the dime a lot. my feet are normal width too. hope this helps!

IMG_8429.JPG

Picked up another pair for $40 shipped on eBay, this time I went with a size 9 instead of a 9.5, tightness with insoles in, pretty perfect without insoles though. Which leads me to my question, would it be okay to play in em with no insoles? Might try an Ultra Boost insole and see how that goes...

copped the 98 X BYW during hypefest, got them in and laced them up to ball, and i had to send them right back. traction and cushioning felt great, the heel felt chunky but fine. the upper felt great in-hand and on feet but the fit was horrible. my foot never felt locked in and kept shifting front to back and side to side, and there was an uncomfortable amount of heel slip with and without ankle braces.

for reference, i went TTS as i do in kobes, on court i slash, cut, and stop on the dime a lot. my feet are normal width too. hope this helps!

Disappointing to hear, I ordered myself a pair last night. Hopefully I'll have a better experience with them.

You know, I can see part of the reason for the shifting is that neither the midsole or upper has support in place. The original ftw midsole rode up pretty high and kept your feet cupped in. The new byw x rely on straps and flywire to keep you locked on the footbed. I guess thats why they’re considered originals rather than performance wear.

You know, I can see part of the reason for the shifting is that neither the midsole or upper has support in place. The original ftw midsole rode up pretty high and kept your feet cupped in. The new byw x rely on straps and flywire to keep you locked on the footbed. I guess thats why they’re considered originals rather than performance wear.

i didn't feel like my foot was sliding over the footbed because the upper itself wasn't made of some flimsy knit and didn't rely on flywire. the byw x midsole has a pretty hefty plastic midfoot shank for stability and rigidity. my beef was just not feeling locked down into the shoe at all. the fit completely threw me off despite everything else that i enjoyed about it. maybe this is why we see players play in the crazy byw x rather than this 98 x byw model.

All these dope BYW X colors that are never going to release. smh.

At least transfer them over to the BYW lvl 1.

i didn't feel like my foot was sliding over the footbed because the upper itself wasn't made of some flimsy knit and didn't rely on flywire. the byw x midsole has a pretty hefty plastic midfoot shank for stability and rigidity. my beef was just not feeling locked down into the shoe at all. the fit completely threw me off despite everything else that i enjoyed about it. maybe this is why we see players play in the crazy byw x rather than this 98 x byw model.

Could it be that they just needed to be broken in? Mine coming in tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom