ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

wiggins wasn't what they expected him to be

hell he is behind in importance rose in minnesota these days :lol: arguably/probably the 4th best player after teague, towns and the aforementioned rose

thats why adidas decided not to resign him

i'm shocked he got a shoe before wiggin's :nerd:

Andrew Wiggins is a joke
upload_2018-12-28_12-2-50.jpeg

Last edited:
wiggins wasn't what they expected him to be

hell he is behind in importance rose in minnesota these days :lol: arguably/probably the 4th best player after teague, towns and the aforementioned rose

thats why adidas decided not to resign him
DM actually has charisma and personality. Wiggins has the personality of a chair.

i didn't know that Wiggin's was no longer signed wow, i'm still shocked that Rose has the best Adidas contract of all time, you owe me a shoe every season i play :rofl:though i bet they eating crow right now, i'd be pushing his comeback and spotlighting his shoes as well right now but the 9s are.....:sick:

Just a random thought...given the D.o.n. 1 seem to have bounce cushioning (at least in the heel) and are going to be an inexpensive sig, I’m wondering if Adidas cushioning is getting recategorized??

Boost - top tier
Lightstrike - mid tier
Bounce - Bottom tier

IF my theory (just my gut) holds true, I
it’ll be interesting to see what the dame 6 (yea I know the 5 just released) cushioning and pricepoint would be. Just my thought.

Or it might be the same bounce cushioning but nothing in the forefoot only bounce in the heel. Time will tell.

JS”

Not sure Lightstrike is really mid tier if they put it in their $180 laceless shoe.

streetflow and pro-advesary has cloudfoam iirc but that is definitely their cheapest midsole/rubber, most adidas i see with cloudfoam are straight to outlet bargains bin or made for low-end dept stores

Just a random thought...given the D.o.n. 1 seem to have bounce cushioning (at least in the heel) and are going to be an inexpensive sig”
If they want this to sell decently, they would price it at 100 or below. Because he plays in a small market and is an up and comer, donovan mitchell isnt that well known outside of nba diehards, and way too many so-called sneakerheads are hesitant to buy anything without a swoosh. A primary sig priced in the 100 range would make it more enticing for regular folk. Its been a while since a primary sig was under 100; kd was the last one i remember.

There are a couple budget cloudfoam shoes. Ive always been a bit curious about em but never could find a good performance review on any of them.

I was at dsw yesterday and saw a bunch of cloudfoam adidas trainers and basic runners. Nothing basketball but of foam reminded me of orthalite foam but Almost just as stiff as lunarlon.

Not sure Lightstrike is really mid tier if they put it in their $180 laceless shoe.

I agree but is it “better” than boost? I’d imagine if it was they’d market the mess out of that new technology. But I don’t see it. I think the laceless option is more of the driver on the N3XT level as opposed to the cushioning. I could be wrong though...

JS”

i thought cloudfoam was their insert cushion? but i am probably wrong, haven't read up on adidas midsole since bounce.

We'll have to wait and see once someone cuts the n3xt l3v3l in half what light strike is encapsulated future craft, I know it's not but what if

Noteriety/recognizable
Marketability
Usually top 5 or 10 in the sport
Relatability
Those are some of the major factors that usually play into a sig sneaker in my opinion. Wiggins didn’t have a shot. I can see the nod to Mitchell but I think it was too soon. But that being said it may work out well if everything falls into place.
If I were adidas id go after the types of players that can make a splash but are also relatable:
Doncic will soon be a more recognizable name (got to get him away from Nike). He can play and isn’t very athletic per se which is endearing to a number of people (curry effect: not physically imposing or very tall which is relatable to the average Joe).
Zion is another (I have my doubts). High flyer and will definitely make the highlight reels. Nonetheless those are marketable players for very different reasons. Nike and Jordan have the market cornered so it’s up to adidas to sell the new guys on the brand.

JS”

Back
Top Bottom