ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In hindsight I'm actually surprised the Roshe took off the way it did. The price had a lot to do with it, but they really weren't all that special. As far as tech, Nike has sandals with more going on than the Roshe.

On the flipside, I'm surprised there doesn't seem to be more of a following already for these Pure Boosts. Sure they're popular but these things are next level IMO.

#1 reason they aren't hyped is because they are NOT nike shoes. Next reason is the price point of $120

#1 reason they aren't hyped is because they are NOT nike shoes. Next reason is the price point of $120
They also have a similar silhouette to the Roshe, so people immediately assume Adidas copied Nike's idea. If you look at the comments in the Pure Boost reveal video on YouTube, they're filled with Adidas hate, copying Nike, not as comfortable, etc. Most of those people haven't even tried them on and immediately dismiss them. Probably afraid that they would LIKE the boost tech and their Nike brand loyalty would be in jeopardy
laugh.gif

Anyone know where the yellow laces in OP come from? I tried a pair on at the local FTL and adidas, neither had them packaged. Adidas store had additional blue/orangish laces packaged, but the yellow/black speckle look kinda sweet.

Also I'm flat footed and b/w a 9.5-10 in most shoes. 9.5 fit more snugly with overall better shape on feet, the 10 was a bit long for those deciding sizes.
Curious if all will come boxed like this.

Last edited:
Yellow laces only came in that media pack. I haven't even pulled my laces out yet - kind of ruined the casual, low key look of the shoe.

Shouldn't be too hard to find some similar laces or just DIY em.

Been wearing these more than anything lately. Pretty much the perfect casual sneaker.

^nice pickup. thinking about pulling the trigger on the black stripe battle pack but on the fence if I should just go for the black on black. any coupons out for adidas.com?

i was in the same predicament ^ 

but i think the regular black pure boosts are a must. simple and clean.  

im just waiting to pull the trigger..looking for a little discount love

Black on black is the best IMO. Just looks like this shoe was made for that.

Women's grey, the Y3s, and the Battle Pack pairs are close 2nds.

I kinda like the fact they haven't gone too print crazy on these like the ZX Flux. I'm sure it's inevitable, but I dig almost every color they have out right now.

As far as a coupon, I'm not sure if they're still doing it, but you used to be able to sign up for their email list and get a 10 or 15% off code. Look on the top of the page.

Last edited:
My y-3 boosts are finally here!!!! I'll take photos when I have the time to! To be honest I'm disappointed with the quality of the shoe.. Not worth it for $300.. They could've at least made them into primeknits.. They're made of mesh... Cheap looking mesh at that..

such a beautiful shoe...if there weren't so many shoes coming out i would have pulled the trigger already. 

but i am confident i will be able to pick these up later. 

Nice Joey. Where'd you cop from man?

And I agree. Most comfortable sneaker I've worn, at least since the mid 90s.

Nice Joey. Where'd you cop from man?

And I agree. Most comfortable sneaker I've worn, at least since the mid 90s.

Picked them up in hk! Sizing is weird tho... Might just be my feet but they're half a size bigger than what I want..

Yes I have a pair they fit a half size big, because there's not much padding on the inside of the shoe.

are they more comforatable than the flyknit racers?

or the lunar sole?

are they more comforatable than the flyknit racers?

or the lunar sole?
yes to both, but for the second more of my preference. To me lunar is more squishy, but boost bounces back more, or for lack of a better term "rubbery".

Looks wise, racers > pure boost

wanted to try out a pair of the pure boost but i just dont think i can justify the price tag
hoping some website puts out a coupon code or a big discount and i would gladly pick up any color.

Back
Top Bottom