ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1682570309927.jpeg

I wouldn’t call them ahead of their time, but had the makings of a classic. The over-saturation and the subsequent models 2.0-4.0 being too similar ruined it.
I think without the knit variation, the 1.0 hype and popularity would have died sooner. The scarcity after the year of the original knit definitely increased hype and resell on those 1.0 CWs. Now it's gone as everyone know a few 1.0 CWs will release every year. One of the few things I think Adi got right actually
If we’re being honest, Kanye had a lot to do with the UB 1.0 hype. You could find pairs easily until he wore them in 2015.

If we’re being honest, Kanye had a lot to do with the UB 1.0 hype. You could find pairs easily until he wore them in 2015.
The Ultraboost, namely the 1.0 is aesthetically pleasing with or without Kanye’s endorsement. Multiple strangers told me “nice shoes” when I wore the TW 1.0’s, who didn’t even know what they were. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I have serious doubts that anyone would give most of the Yeezy line the time of day if it didn’t have the name.

The Ultraboost, namely the 1.0 is aesthetically pleasing with or without Kanye’s endorsement. Multiple strangers told me “nice shoes” when I wore the TW 1.0’s, who didn’t even know what they were. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I have serious doubts that anyone would give most of the Yeezy line the time of day if it didn’t have the name.
I actually completely agree that 1.0s were a good looking shoe but you have to give some context, in 2013 the sock shoe/athleisure sneaker trend hadn’t really fully materialized and Kanye was wearing Flyknit Trainers around this time. Logically, he started wearing UBs when he signed to Adidas until he basically wore exclusively Yeezy. I don’t think it is a coincidence that he indirectly led to a lot of UB 1.0 hype by generating interest in the model, even though it is a solid shoe on its own. I actually wonder what would have happened had Kanye not worn UBs-would Adidas have simply created a completely different performance focused UB like they did starting with the UB19s or still try the hybrid design of the 2.0-4.0s. (and those weird mashup 5.0s lol) I guess we’ll never know haha

I have a pair of NMDs with no insole, but my Ultraboost 21s, 22s, and Ivy Parks all have insoles.

Is this the Ultraboost Light they're discussing?

Wow that’s crazy. I’ve had to take the insoles out of some pairs that fit too tight but its definitely a downgrade in comfort. I wonder if sizing was so off on some models/CWs that they took the insoles out to make them closer to their stated size?

Back
Top Bottom