Adidas gil zero low, supernatural creator low

I don't think so. The SuperCreator is almost Hyperdunk light. I know the Gil's and T-MAcs with the Formotion pods were heavy because of the tooling.

Thanks for the answers. Duke, I found out you were right. The supernatural creator low is AS light as the kobe iv! Both are 12 oz. according to various internet sites.

a couple of my teammates and friends used to play in the gil zeros, always seemed clunky and fairly unresponsive to me when i tried them
i don't have any experience with the supernatural creators though

asked on another thread and I was curious to know how Supernatural lows perform compared to the reg Supernatural Creators

Originally Posted by duke4005

I don't think so. The SuperCreator is almost Hyperdunk light. I know the Gil's and T-MAcs with the Formotion pods were heavy because of the tooling.
I tried on the supercreator the other week and they're aint that good.
The Tmacs are garbage but the Gil Zeros are
pimp.gif

Gil Zero Low FTW. They're super underrated because they're Adidas. The Gil Zero TD version is also good
spd_2007112090046_b.jpg

Wow, really, you tried them on and they are terrible? Did you take three whole steps in them or actually jump up and down also? some of your statements are ridiculous on here, KenJi.

As someone with REAL shoe experience, the SuperCreators are next to great shoe in the dictionary. NO ONE who actually has them, that I have heard from, have any complaints, including the reviewers on ISS. I do agree, the gilZero is under-rated because of Three Stripes, but the Supers blow them ou.

^ that's very encouraging to hear, will any more detailed reviews be up anytime soon (not that I doubt you just would be nice to read longer, more in depth pieces)

I can only imagine how great they must be, as my Lightning Creators are one of the best basketball shoe I have worn.

I have one that a website is waiting to publish. Asked me to please wait until they had it up before I commented on them, but it was supposed to be up last week. If not up today, I will have it here tomorrow.

Wow, really, you tried them on and they are terrible? Did you take three whole steps in them or actually jump up and down also? some of your statements are ridiculous on here, KenJi.

As someone with REAL shoe experience, the SuperCreators are next to great shoe in the dictionary. NO ONE who actually has them, that I have heard from, have any complaints, including the reviewers on ISS. I do agree, the gilZero is under-rated because of Three Stripes, but the Supers blow them ou.
I also heard the supernatural creators were very good, and wasn't it you that said it felt like IPS mixed with Nike free? Damn I would look into them, but the lows don't look that good and I'm kind of opposed to Adidas for dropping Gilbert like that.

If you ever wore the old FYW, it was molded to fit the natural countours of a foot (big flat heel, peak under the ball of the foot, smaller bumps under the toes, rounded edges) to promote a natural flex and motion of the foot. Take those pods, molded to the countours, and add the IPS system of foam columns in each pod, and there you go. Basically, it takes IPS and perfects it. Very good shoe.

You're killing me Duke.  Still have to pick up my pair, haven't had the time to look around some more.  Hopefully get them before I play next.  Thanks for always chiming in.

i'm very tempted to pick up a pair of mids. just gotta figure out the sizing for my feet.

anyone know when i can get some Gill II's? i was looking for some in a size 11 and cant find them anymore.

Check any adidas factory store. The one in Allen, Tx, had Gil Zero's, all white, for $60 3 weeks ago and had 3 colors of the gil II zero. Also, the Foot Locker Outlet in Arlington, Tx had the white/royal/orange, Lakers, and the NBA Live for $30, limited sizes. I did pick up a pair of TS Lightning Creator low's (gil's from last year) in the black/sandstone at Ross for $26.99 last week.

Can the supernatural creator low be a good shoe for outdoors? Is there a difference in terms of performance with the supernatural creator mid? Thanks in advance..

I did pick up a pair of TS Lightning Creator low's (gil's from last year) in the black/sandstone at Ross for $26.99 last week.
I was soooo close to scoring the same pickup today, but wifey gave me a look that said "All of those shoes you have that are still brand new in boxes and you want to get ANOTHER pair?"

So they were in the cart until checkout time, when I dutifully returned them to the shelf. 

Let me know if they're like top 5 for you duke, if they're a can't miss at that price I gotta go back and hope that they're still there.  They felt pretty good from what I could tell, if a little funny on the heel strike. But I'm also willing to hold out for the supernat lows, which are sure to drop since Gil got the boot.

guys one question here.,what is special about ips?i know it's from the jordan brand.,but never ever balled in jb shoes
alien.gif
., so can anyone explain it to me?thanks
laugh.gif

Kudos to you for never playing in JB shoes, they make a lot of money off of Jordan's past legacy and produce a LOT of subpar, over-priced performance shoes. Jordans aren't just basketball shoes now, they're status symbols first, and now performance takes a backseat to that.

To me, the only special thing about IPS was the implementation in the Jordan XX. It's basically a cushioning system with pods made of some fancy material that are targeted to specific points of your foot, as opposed to something like a full air bag that your entire foot rests on.

The XX was the first shoe to use it, and it was brilliantly done from my perspective. The XXI was too firm and the XX2 was just awkward. I haven't tried the XX3. The design of the XX gave it a nice feel underfoot, just a really great and smooth transition.

But, there are many shoes out there without IPS that perform wonderfully, and of course at a much cheaper price point.

Deezy, I really DO NOT like the Gil's. The arch is just way to pronounced and uncomfortable for me. I fyou have high arches, they are great. Materials, fit, cushioning, traction, all great and well-produced, but I just could not get over the high arch.

I was wondering about that arch, it looks pretty high up and there's nothing you can do about it. They felt good when I tried them on, but I was wondering how it would feel when running.

I was also wondering about that side panel with the 0 on it, I heard some complaints but that panel doesn't feel as solid as it looks.

What size did you get?

Bought an 11 trying to get the forefoot right. I heard that 0 piece rubs the pinky toe raw (Jordan XXIII) if they are too tight, and I still got a good fit. They just almost roll your foot out with that arch being so high. Good traction and cushining, though, but they just feel awkward compared to the Kobe's, Gil Zero's, and my SuperCreators (GREATNESS). Where you been?

Been busy with work and school. I'm pretty much over shoes, so I haven't been on the forums for a while. But I still love playing basketball so I'm still interested in performance shoes.

I looked at your supernat creator review. I'm holding out for the lows, but the D-Rose mids look amazing. But I have stuff I need to break in first, before I even think about getting a new pair.

Back
Top Bottom