adidas Supernatural Creator review

Unexplained Phenomena?

Maybe not, but the Supernatural Creator is definitely the next step in a great concept

Most great ideas follow a long line of progression. Very rare is the concept that is solid gold on the first try. Following this concept, the adidas Supernatural Creator follows a long line of progression that began, as far as I remember, in 1996 with the introduction of the Feet You Wear concept. Starting with the EQT Top Ten 2000, worn by Kobe in his rookie year, adidas seemed bent on giving us low-to-the-ground feel and performance mimicking a players’ bare foot, contours and all, with the idea, and slogan, being “Based on the greatest piece of sports equipment: your foot

Let me start  of I loved the T-Mac 2 & 3 after that I wasnt very impressed with the T-Mac Line. When Adidas started with the Creator & Commander lines I heard about a lot of bad experiences so my interest in Adidas was at an all time low.
Your review grabbed my interest back in a major way, gotta try these out man! They should come up with a QS T-Mac / Knicks Colorway
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BigSleep23

Let me start  of I loved the T-Mac 2 & 3 after that I wasnt very impressed with the T-Mac Line. When Adidas started with the Creator & Commander lines I heard about a lot of bad experiences so my interest in Adidas was at an all time low.

Your review grabbed my interest back in a major way, gotta try these out man! They should come up with a QS T-Mac / Knicks Colorway
pimp.gif

Bad experience stories about the Creators and Commanders?  That's odd cuz since they came out before last year I have heard probably 90% positive reviews of both shoes no matter the model

^ yeah really .. wasn't there a thread 13 or so pages long praising the Creator with tons of users talking about how great the shoe was (and the thread was a large reason I picked up the Lightning Creators a little over a year ago.)

Hey Duke (hoping you check this before the weekend) and anyone else who would like to chime in,

I'm about to buckle down this weekend and pick up a pair of new basketball shoes... Finally... I know.  I've been waiting for a friends and family and/or coupon ($30 off $100).  I was set on the Supernatural Creators but I've also had the Kobe V's, and Blue Chip II's sneak up on me.  I was also interested in the KD II's since I've heard so many good things about them.  Price doesn't really matter all that much but I'd definitely like a shoe that will hold up.  Duke, I was wondering how you were still feeling about the Supernatural Creators now and if you've tried any of the others above? 

Choices:

1.  Supernatural Creator - $70
2.  Kobe V's - $100
3.  Blue Chip II's - $50
4.  KD II's - $65

If this helps Duke and and anyone else:  I'm a little heavy for my height.  I do a little bit of everything on offense but I really enjoy playing defense, whether it be perimeter or banging inside.  I run up and down a lot... try at least.  Haha. 

Thanks Duke and anyone else who chimes in. 

dnvtran, regretfully, I have not yet picked up the Kobe V. I am waiting on funds to grab the Duke pair at HoH here in Dallas. On pur eperformance out of the other three, I say go for the Creators. They really are beasts on the court. If you just want to go cheaper to grab 2 pair, the KD2's and Blue Chips are both very good. I really liked this years Blue Chip compared to last years. It just had a more comfortable fit and fellt in transition. Overall, though, I still say Creators out of the three. It is such a unique, natural feel to the sole function and transition. I think you will really enjoy it.

like the title implies, how does the Supernatural Creator size?  I only ask because I've been wearing size 10 in all my Adidas b-ball shoes (Crazy 1 and Lightning Creator) which has a tiny bit more toe room but provide me no negatives when it comes to playing. 

but oddly enough I just picked up a pair of Hyperdunks last month on sale for $80 and oddly enough I fit perfect (right to the toe) in a size 8.5

so would it be wise to try a 9 or even 9.5  in the SuperNaturals? 

thanks, any advice appreciated. 

okay just read your bit about sizing ... I would almost like to say 10 is my size since most of the basketball shoes I wear are size 10. even the Air Max 97s I have on right now are size 10

but getting a pair of Hyperdunks in size 8.5 and having them fit like a glove really has thrown me off a bit.

I guess I can get the Supernatural's in 9.5 an go from there

I had the same thing in the Hyperdunks. I usually wear a 10.5/11 in Nikes, and in the Dunks I was a 10. If you normally wear 10 in adidas, I would go with the same, unless you just have very narrow feet, then maybe down a half size.

^ thanks for the quick hit back.  all the Adidas I own are size 10.  and my feet are more on the narrow side.  only problem now is weather to get the Supernatural lows or Mids

**I take it you haven't gotten around to trying the Supernatural Commander yet.  if/when it would be nice to read a review on them

thanks again. 

Bump... (Didn't wanna start a new thread)

Do these feel like the Adidas Pro Model's or Gil Zero's? IMO, both those shoes were pretty stiff and not comfortable.

Originally Posted by DmvReseller

All I want is for my shoe to look good. Is that so much to ask?
So you rather have a shoe that looks good rather than perform good?

These don't even look bad.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jflip

Bump... (Didn't wanna start a new thread)

Do these feel like the Adidas Pro Model's or Gil Zero's? IMO, both those shoes were pretty stiff and not comfortable.
These are so far from stiff. One of the most flexible shoes out there, except under the arch on the torsion bar.

The resurgence of this thread has made me wanna break these out for hoopin tomorrow night. Haven't worn these beasts in about 2 months.
pimp.gif

They didn't really feel all that good when i tried them on....didn't really feel any cushioning in them.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

They didn't really feel all that good when i tried them on....didn't really feel any cushioning in them.

That's the tough thing about TRYING a shoe on, you can't see it's full performance on court. You don't want a pillowy cushion when you play ball. You need something more firm (responsive).

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by Buc Em

That's the tough thing about TRYING a shoe on, you can't see it's full performance on court. You don't want a pillowy cushion when you play ball. You need something more firm (responsive).
Yeah I made that mistake with the Huarache 2k10's. Flimsy **@ shoes FTL

Back
Top Bottom