Adidas TS Creators are the best basketball shoes ever !!!!

Originally Posted by hminer

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

^I'd do it if they were one size up.

Calm down though. We get it, you don't like them. But just because you had a bad experience doesn't mean everyone else will.

I'd never pay $ for a pair of 2K4's, Kobe II's or HD's to ball in, but that won't stop you will it?

It's ironic how people would take the time to write out their thoughts and try to put together a review, but they make no attempt to do it anywhere close to neutrally.
Because when people do take the time to write something, it's their opinion that's on the line, do you want neutral reviews? I don't. Someone take these shoes off my hands.... please
Yes, I do want neutral reviews. People gushing or bashing on shoes that do or do not work for them are pretty much useless. But hey, if someoneabsolutely loves Kobe and overpays for a pair of his sig. shoes that aren't really that great, then posts a review about how the shoes are the greatest ofall time and that's the kind of review you want, do your thing.

There are factors that could affect people whether they are big or small, fast or slow. How people pronate and what kind of impact protection they want. Brand affiliation, the surface that people play on, how often they play, how much $ they paid, etc.

I've played in popular shoes that I couldn't stand, but it wasn't hard for me to notice their strong points. And the flaws that I noticedaren't going to be flaws for everybody else, for instance the Kobe II killed me at the ankle and heel, but it might not affect most people and even thoughit didn't work for me I would still say they are excellent overall shoes.

^I'd do it if they were one size up.

Calm down though. We get it, you don't like them. But just because you had a bad experience doesn't mean everyone else will.

I'd never pay $ for a pair of 2K4's, Kobe II's or HD's to ball in, but that won't stop you will it?

It's ironic how people would take the time to write out their thoughts and try to put together a review, but they make no attempt to do it anywhere close to neutrally.
Because when people do take the time to write something, it's their opinion that's on the line, do you want neutral reviews? I don't. Someone take these shoes off my hands.... please
Yes, I do want neutral reviews. People gushing or bashing on shoes that do or do not work for them are pretty much useless. But hey, if someone absolutely loves Kobe and overpays for a pair of his sig. shoes that aren't really that great, then posts a review about how the shoes are the greatest of all time and that's the kind of review you want, do your thing.

There are factors that could affect people whether they are big or small, fast or slow. How people pronate and what kind of impact protection they want. Brand affiliation, the surface that people play on, how often they play, how much $ they paid, etc.

I've played in popular shoes that I couldn't stand, but it wasn't hard for me to notice their strong points. And the flaws that I noticed aren't going to be flaws for everybody else, for instance the Kobe II killed me at the ankle and heel, but it might not affect most people and even though it didn't work for me I would still say they are excellent overall shoes.
I think it's important to point out the things you found didn't work for you in a review. Because you paid good money for shoes it wouldbe well within reason to have strong feelings, because part of that is based on whether you got your money's worth. I thought the KB2's were great forsome stuff, the ankle bothered me as well and sometimes it would bottom out on really hard cuts but there's nothing between the foot and the cushioningright? It's super bouncy and has amazing grip on some surfaces, one of my all time favorite 1/2 court shoes, didn't feel great for running hard thoughjust too much feedback.
you want neutral reviews? here's one of the ts creators, good grip, bad cushioning, no court feel and heavy. Word?

not sure if these are the same commanders you guys are talking about..

98690c60zn4.jpg

couldn't pass 'em up for $80. if they don't work out for ball, i'll just rock them casually.

Heads up, Marshall's around my way has the Barbosa Creators in a couple sizes. They're white with orange and gray accents.

They also have a white, gray, and blue version of the Commandors.

How do these shoes fit? I wear a size 9 in hyperdunks. Should I get a 9 in TS Creators as well?

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Heads up, Marshall's around my way has the Barbosa Creators in a couple sizes. They're white with orange and gray accents.

How much were they anyway?

5'10, 150, G, runner and cutter.

I just bought the patent red TS creators at the outlet for $50, i've been looking for a pair of red balling shoes for a long time, and these are amazing.

They feel heavy in hand, light on feet. played in a day-long tournament and they performed admirably. had to get a half size up from normal because my feet area bit wide, and I initially experienced some sliding and stubbing of my toes into the toebox, but I tightened the laces up and they were golden. the quality ofthe laces allow for a good lock-down and no slippage, and overall construction is very well done, I wonder who the designer was.

traction is fantastic and I experienced no sliding whatsoever. cutting and slashing to the basket was smooth and I didn't notice any bad feedback from theshoes. they're a bit tight at first, but they definitely broke in. I've always loved Nikes, but with the gil-zeros and now these, I'm a believer inAdidas Team Sigs, especially now that the three stripes have been creatively placed elsewhere. The colorway is pretty amazing with black socks, and I got verygood comments from people on them.

It's a beautiful shoe that performs. nothing more, nothing less. and that's a basketball shoe that will be very durable, I'm very sure.

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

so has anyone tried the lightning creators yet?

Sorry, I did. Forgot to post. I prefer the original creators only because the tongue is intergrated into the lining of the shoe on those, and it provides amore secure fit for me. The lightning creators definitely breathe better, and otherwise perform basically just as well as the originals. It's probably apersonal preference thing as I see Derrick Rose is still opting to wear the original creators while Billups rocks the lightning. Maybe a half size smallerwould change my mind on the lightnings. Definitely another very good shoe, but I prefer the original and I think it looks better too.

I'm more intrigued by the Creators and Lightning creators, especially the lows, than any other recent shoe release (Kobe IV, Lebron VI, Wade 4).

So many good things said about them and lots of players I like are rocking them.

Originally Posted by prestigetgs

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

How much were they anyway?

I think they were either 29.99 or 39.99, don't really remember. They had one 13 and two 10.5s I think. I didn't really like the look and feel of theshoe on my foot so didn't cop. It's been a while but if anyone wants I'll do it for cost+shipping+10 bucks for going out there.

Originally Posted by duke4005

Originally Posted by Rodrigo23

There is no way these are that sweet new adidas lightning feels better than the ts.. But id rather have the hyper dunk.. At my finish line id say the hyper dunk by itself to any adidas ratio is at least 20-2 that many people want a better shoe.. But believe me i have had several customers try the ts on.. But at the end of the day only die hard t mac etc fans actually buy the shoe
That is because that is what the mostly know-nothing salespeople only concerned with selling shoe cleaner want to push because they are fed into the Nike Hyped-dunk machine. Anybody that knows real shoes will tell you, like the Hyperflight, these are over-valued from a players' perspective. The TS is a shoe on par in performance with any Nike of the last two years, and will last longer as well. As for that ratio, how many adidas shoes does your store carry? The foot Locker I go to has sold out of the three Commander colors they have, and still have multiple FSR's in hyperdunks. The salesmen there push what works, not what pays.

Dont get paid to sell cleaner.... dont get paid for an extra pair of hyperdunks i sell... ive had people try on a good amount of hoop shoes and most Nikessell better than adidas ....good marketing?

^Good marketing, which can easily lead to mindless loyalty.

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I've seen people with stunning mentalities about their favorite brands. That's a testament to their marketingpower. I mean we're freakin ON a forum called NIKEtalk.

There's lots of things wrong with the big brand names. But every now and then they put out something good.

Thanks for the reply Persia Fly. If there was a size 10, I'd be very tempted.

But are you sure they weren't Felton PE's and not Barbosas? Only asking because I saw someone pick up the Feltons and they're alsowhite/grey/orange.

^^^^does anyone know where i can get a pair of the creator lows (original or lightning) for under 50 bucks? i want to give them a try and i need new ballkicks, but money is a little tight so 50 is the ceiling for me right now.

just copped a pair of black ts creators for $39 at marshalls. gonna hoop in them on thursday. hopefully theyre as dope as you guys say they are

There is no way these are that sweet new adidas lightning feels better than the ts.. But id rather have the hyper dunk.. At my finish line id say the hyper dunk by itself to any adidas ratio is at least 20-2 that many people want a better shoe.. But believe me i have had several customers try the ts on.. But at the end of the day only die hard t mac etc fans actually buy the shoe
That is because that is what the mostly know-nothing salespeople only concerned with selling shoe cleaner want to push because they are fed into the Nike Hyped-dunk machine. Anybody that knows real shoes will tell you, like the Hyperflight, these are over-valued from a players' perspective. The TS is a shoe on par in performance with any Nike of the last two years, and will last longer as well. As for that ratio, how many adidas shoes does your store carry? The foot Locker I go to has sold out of the three Commander colors they have, and still have multiple FSR's in hyperdunks. The salesmen there push what works, not what pays.

Dont get paid to sell cleaner.... dont get paid for an extra pair of hyperdunks i sell... ive had people try on a good amount of hoop shoes and most Nikes sell better than adidas ....good marketing?
Not just good marketing, the hyperdunks are infinitely superior shoes in every aspect. I hate the ts, got them for $50 shipped and I haven'tworn a worse pair of shoes in the last 10 years easy... Just 2 days ago I decided to give these one more try, I went to the local gym w/ these, warmed up inthem for about 1/2 an hour and played one game of 21 w/ it. The grip was iffy, the shoe incredably hard, the cushioning absolutely absent, and to top it offit's heavier than the lebrons. After the first game I put my HD on.. they were in the trunk of my car. These HD's are old, at least 6 months old and Ihaven't played in these since I got the KB IV's. What a difference!! The shoe is lighter by a mile, moves better, the grip is at least twice as goodand I'm much lower to the ground. It felt like someone took the weights off my feet. There is no comparison. I dare any of you "adidas" salesmento try this and tell me any different. I just don't believe anyone who would try these shoes in a game back to back could have a different winner.There's not one thing the Adidas does better or even well. And there wasn't a tv nearby to convince me.

Dont get paid to sell cleaner.... dont get paid for an extra pair of hyperdunks i sell... ive had people try on a good amount of hoop shoes and most Nikes sell better than adidas ....good marketing?
Not just good marketing, the hyperdunks are infinitely superior shoes in every aspect. I hate the ts, got them for $50 shipped and I haven't worn a worse pair of shoes in the last 10 years easy... Just 2 days ago I decided to give these one more try, I went to the local gym w/ these, warmed up in them for about 1/2 an hour and played one game of 21 w/ it. The grip was iffy, the shoe incredably hard, the cushioning absolutely absent, and to top it off it's heavier than the lebrons. After the first game I put my HD on.. they were in the trunk of my car. These HD's are old, at least 6 months old and I haven't played in these since I got the KB IV's. What a difference!! The shoe is lighter by a mile, moves better, the grip is at least twice as good and I'm much lower to the ground. It felt like someone took the weights off my feet. There is no comparison. I dare any of you "adidas" salesmen to try this and tell me any different. I just don't believe anyone who would try these shoes in a game back to back could have a different winner. There's not one thing the Adidas does better or even well. And there wasn't a tv nearby to convince me.

You say the same thing everytime. We get it, you like the hyperjunks. You are entitled to that opinion. You are in the minority.

^Seriously. But his opinion doesn't affect my interest in the Creator line. It reflects more on the speaker than the shoes.

What DOES affect my interest is all of the positive things I've read and heard about them, as well as the numerous, quality players in professionalbasketball leagues that are wearing them. Ironically, that could also be considered "good marketing".

Originally Posted by prestigetgs

Not just good marketing, the hyperdunks are infinitely superior shoes in every aspect. I hate the ts, got them for $50 shipped and I haven't worn a worse pair of shoes in the last 10 years easy... Just 2 days ago I decided to give these one more try, I went to the local gym w/ these, warmed up in them for about 1/2 an hour and played one game of 21 w/ it. The grip was iffy, the shoe incredably hard, the cushioning absolutely absent, and to top it off it's heavier than the lebrons. After the first game I put my HD on.. they were in the trunk of my car. These HD's are old, at least 6 months old and I haven't played in these since I got the KB IV's. What a difference!! The shoe is lighter by a mile, moves better, the grip is at least twice as good and I'm much lower to the ground. It felt like someone took the weights off my feet. There is no comparison. I dare any of you "adidas" salesmen to try this and tell me any different. I just don't believe anyone who would try these shoes in a game back to back could have a different winner. There's not one thing the Adidas does better or even well. And there wasn't a tv nearby to convince me.

You say the same thing everytime. We get it, you like the hyperjunks. You are entitled to that opinion. You are in the minority.
I'm in the minority? Really? Are the TS flying off the shelves at 1/2 price? I haven't seen the HD's selling for 1/2 price online yet?Not that sales is everything but I seriously doubt that I'm in the minority. I mean this isn't adidastalk is it? No one thinks the TS is some kind ofb-ball revelation. Keep ignoring me , buy the shoes , find out what regret is. You can't say I haven't tried to like these....

you probably see adidas on the shelves at half price and not the hyperdunks because nike is super quick to pull back shoes from retailers that arent movingproduct. i was talking to a dude at the #+$%! sporting goods by me and he said that nike did a buyback on their entire stock of basketball shoes from thisseason in like february.

also, the hyperdunks have had sooooooo much marketing and hype put into them that it was impossible for them not to sell well. they were made in smallerbatches in 72,000 colors.

i had the hyperdunks, and they were one of the worst shoes i ever had in my life. i only played in them like 10 times before the lunarfoam bottomed out. when iplay im on my toes pretty much the entire time so of course they werent gonna last as long for me as someone who isnt on their toes as much. for me, thephenoms (with no forefoot cushioning unit) were a major upgrade from the hyperdunks. the hyperdunks also didnt have all that great of traction and the lacingsystem made me either so restricted i couldnt move or they provided no system at all.

^yup hyperdunk tractions isnt good, but i dont think shoes are that much of a factor when you're balling really.. if you're good.. you're goodenough to adjust to your shoes.. you can be good even when wearing basic shoes (just my opinion, you dont have to agree with me) i enjoy balling in nikeretros, though they may not have all those new techs or gimmicks... they're okay, they perform.. i mean, its not the shoe that makes the player anyway

but hey, do whatever makes you feel comfortable and think would help you do better.. at the end of the day, its still your call.. all im saying is dont let theshoe influence how you play
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom