adidas won't renew NBA sponsorship

IMG_2746.JPG

Probably the biggest improvement so far - because the old ones were so terrible.

The Kings jerseys are fire, except I wish they had incorporated more black into them instead of all the grey. With that said, I just cant wear basketball jerseys, IMO I think they are the hardest sports jersey to pull of in a fashion sense.

Def an improvement over the garbage jerseys they had last year. A lot of these new jerseys look generic though. Similar fonts and numbers. No graphics or designs?

honestly, for the majority of teams, adidas > nike. the worst is the logo on the waistline.

The swoosh makes all these jerseys trash to me.

It's bad enough on the jerseys but on the shorts, too?

No thanks.

IMG_2746.JPG

Probably the biggest improvement so far - because the old ones were so terrible.

These are nice as hell but when the Sixers and Clippers play each other there's probably going to be about 40 unforced turnovers between both teams :lol:

IMG_2752.jpg
IMG_2751.JPG
Lakers and Spurs released. Thankfully no major changes to either. I prefer the slightly heavier outline of the old Spurs numbers but it's not a major thing.

I've never liked that stupid collar the Lakers (and others) have been using for a while now - this is an improvement but a regular V would have been better.

all the jerseys been great so far(minus a few from a design pov), really digging the attention to the subtleties of the jerseys and the shorts.

its like they added the signature nike flair without rocking the boat to much, minus a few teams which went with totally different looks....KEEP IN MIND ultimately it is the franchise's decision of which design is selected, nike merely presents them multiple options to choose from.

great launch, can't wait to see what upgrades and changes will be in the seasons to come

all the jerseys been great so far(minus a few from a design pov), really digging the attention to the subtleties of the jerseys and the shorts.

its like they added the signature nike flair without rocking the boat to much, minus a few teams which went with totally different looks....KEEP IN MIND ultimately it is the franchise's decision of which design is selected, nike merely presents them multiple options to choose from.

great launch, can't wait to see what upgrades and changes will be in the seasons to come

Take it a step further

It's the team(s) who are in total complete control of the actual design of these jerseys not nike

Golden State Warriors Ink Record-Setting Three-Year, $60 M USD Jersey Sponsorship Deal With Rakuten

The Golden State Warriors have signed a major jersey sponsorship deal with Japanese company Rakuten. As ESPN reports, the NBA championship team and Rakuten have agreed upon a three-year, $60 million USD deal — $20 million USD is allocated for each year — for advertising space on the authorized Warriors jerseys. This partnership between the two outfits currently holds the record for the single-largest “NBA advertising patch deal,” almost doubling the previous number held by second-spot holders the Cleveland Cavaliers.

“We saw an opportunity, given the visibility we were receiving,” reads a quote from Warriors chief marketing officer Bowers. “So we felt in order to grow our global vision, we had to be aligned with a global brand.”

Along with the money, the Warriors will rename their official practice facility the Rakuten Performance Center — six other official team buildings will also be renamed accordingly. Rakuten is also set to serve as the team’s primary, “official e-commerce, video-on-demand and affiliate market partner.”

In an official statement, Warriors president Rick Welts had the following to share regarding this latest news:

“I’m thrilled that our deal did exactly what deals like this were intended to do when the league announced the program. We signed a partner we had never done business with before. We signed a big deal with an international player and, in turn, we’ve boosted the value of the NBA and the Warriors outside of North America.”

Back
Top Bottom