Votes: 268 21.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 44 3.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 103 8.2%

• Total voters
Sure but you can do that without over-saturating the market-JB does this exact same thing with GR retros, they were just lucky and talented enough to design well more than a handful of classic models.

I think most sneakerheads would agree that Adidas has struggled to design modern classic non-Yeezy models. Everything that they’ve designed the past few years has been forgettable (Tubulars, R2s, EQT 93-17s, POD, etc. etc.) except UBs and NMD R1s which are now relegated to the bargain bin. Hell, even Futurecraft 4D models are hitting massive discounts nowadays. Sneakerheads by and large have moved on and UBs and NMDs are now Adidas’ Roshes. The problem is that there are literally no other models, except for the Yeezy line, that attract the social media/YouTube influencer, hypebeast, or fashion-forward crowd to Adidas as a whole. You can laugh at this demographic but, like it or not, they build up brand value in this day and age. Kanye/Yeezy is basically a stimulus package to Adidas’ brand, in that regard.

:lol:

Interesting that they are $180 considering the 350s, which consist of even less material, is $220. I ain't complaining, but you gotta wonder what is the reasoning. We've seen the bottom of the shoe and looks like it does have Boost since it looks similar to the 700s.

Why is that funny? Do you think Nike knew MJ was going to be the GOAT when they signed him in 1985? Or how about MJ wanting to leave Nike but Nike had coincidentally tasked Tinker to design the AJ 3, the sample of which MJ saw, and then led to MJ staying? Or how about making Tinker the lead designer of flagship Jordan retros when he had been primarily tasked to lead the design of Nike’s running shoes before that (which he obviously did very successfully)? I don’t know how you can deny luck wasn’t a factor in some of these decisions. Adidas literally has no past basketball player they can dig into the archives and officially release sneakers from. T-Macs and unofficial Kobe releases are the closest thing they have to legacy basketball athletes, which aren’t even as widely popular as AI’s Reebok line. Adidas has absolutely had bad luck in this regard.

Got access to Waverunners and cloud 350s on the Adidas app now. 30 minutes only check your app guys.

Why is that funny? Do you think Nike knew MJ was going to be the GOAT when they signed him in 1985? Or how about MJ wanting to leave Nike but Nike had coincidentally tasked Tinker to design the AJ 3, the sample of which MJ saw, and then led to MJ staying? Or how about making Tinker the lead designer of flagship Jordan retros when he had been primarily tasked to lead the design of Nike’s running shoes before that (which he obviously did very successfully)? I don’t know how you can deny luck wasn’t a factor in some of these decisions. Adidas literally has no past basketball player they can dig into the archives and officially release sneakers from. T-Macs and unofficial Kobe releases are the closest thing they have to legacy basketball athletes, which aren’t even as widely popular as AI’s Reebok line. Adidas has absolutely had bad luck in this regard.

They didn't get lucky.

They have everything from Air Max 1's to Bo's to the Monarch.

That's not luck to have dozens and dozens of classic models you can continuously retro.

They didn't get lucky.

They have everything from Air Max 1's to Bo's to the Monarch.

That's not luck to have dozens and dozens of classic models you can continuously retro.

You literally quoted me talking about JB and their GR retros-did you actually read my entire comment you quoted?

In “Shoe Dog”, Phil Knight even admitted that signing and retaining MJ took a stroke of luck on Nike’s part.

Been getting a lot of random access wins on the adidas app lately. Managed to snag a sz 6 in the Waves for the wife. :pimp: :pimp:

20% cash back from RTM makes it even sweeter.

Nice. No notification / access on this one for me unfortunately. Would've snagged another pair of Waves as they are my most worn shoe the last few months.

Are the soles GITD?
EA5A69CA-A104-4E30-A4FD-6030E60E2471.jpeg
They should have made them GITD but I feel like we would have seen pics of them glowing by now if they did.

Been getting a lot of random access wins on the adidas app lately. Managed to snag a sz 6 in the Waves for the wife. :pimp: :pimp:

20% cash back from RTM makes it even sweeter.
This makes me not hopeful because I've been getting access but haven't been buying.
Wouldn't mind another waverunner though.

Never understood how this works. Have Icon status and never seen an offer like that. Y’all thinks it’s location based?

Never understood how this works. Have Icon status and never seen an offer like that. Y’all thinks it’s location based?

Never thought of that but it makes sense if so. I have had it for a few months and have seen a couple of drops. Where are you located?

Back
Top Bottom