Votes: 268 21.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 44 3.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 103 8.2%

• Total voters
Didn't Adidas do this exact thing to the NMD R1? I remember the days when even mesh R1s were reselling, nowadays they are a discount staple because Adidas completely flooded the market with them. while Boost hype itself died Would be sad to see Adidas do the same thing to Yeezys but it is what it is.
Feels like Yeezys were already everywhere with the never ending similar 350 v2 color ways

Reactions: JPS
Feels like Yeezys were already everywhere with the never ending similar 350 v2 color ways
:rofl: Oh yeah.
Well good thing we don't wear the boxes :smile:
Yeah but when Adidas rebrands them, I GUARANTEE you influencers, ShoeTubers, etc. will clown them as "non-Yeezys" or "Feezys", etc. etc. that goes a long way in the $200+ shoe market since it is primarily sneakerheads and/or clout chasers who are dropping that kind of cash on casualwear shoes like that.

I'm VERY curious how Adidas will brand and market them since they aren't technically Yeezys anymore.

Probably just turn the 350s into their dunks. Overflood the market, then in 5-10 years, make them somehow exclusive or limited.
The thing is Nike never had branding issues like Adidas has with 350s. The sneakerhead and clout-chasing market cares about branding/labels, not having the OG Yeezy branding is huge.

Hell, you don't even have to venture far from this thread lol look at how almost all of us on NT treat Jumpman branded Mids vs OG 1s (and those are still technically JB-issued Air Jordan 1 Retros lol)

The thing is Nike never had branding issues like Adidas has with 350s. The sneakerhead and clout-chasing market cares about branding/labels, not having the OG Yeezy branding is huge.

I think theres a sizeable amount of people that have been wearing yeezys in the past year that dont fall into this category. like i mentioned in a post before, theres a pretty big gap between sneakerhead/trendsetter/sneaker culture enthusiast and the people who buy there shoes at kohls out of convenience. adidas made a lot inroads when the colorways that sneakerheads werent beasting for became more available.

its funny because we clown folks that wear stockx tags on their shoes. but in my experience the folks that do keep those tags on 9 time out of 10 arent even wearing anything exclusive :lol:

Just saw this poll on Youtube from my son Roszko

8FEEC833-96B0-4192-9769-7995AEBD62AE.jpeg

Doesn’t even look off base to me, for a polling of people who consider themselves “sneakerheads”

26 percent of people who just like Yeezy designs regardless of Kanye involvement. 57% of people who was only there for Kanye and his influence. 18% of people who are waiting to see if there’s still clout to be gained in a pair of Yeezys before they decide

I wear Adidas shoes that aren't yeezys "I own quite a bit" but it is a little weird without Yeezys name behind it. I do like the style and comfort but imagine buying a pair of Zebras or core reds without the SPLY 350 on the side. Idk, we'll see.

My thing is Yeezys were already minimally branded. Correct me if I’m wrong as the only Yeezys I have left in my collection are 700’s and Quantum’s but the extent of “YZY” branding is limited to the insoles and the box.

Does Adidas keep the “SPLY 350”? Or is that too close to Kanye as well and must go?
It’s going to be really telling if changing insoles and a box things people don’t see when the shoe is on feet will prevent someone from purchasing.

If Yeezys were like Jordans with logos all over the shoe, then I would agree that a large chunk of Yeezy wearers wouldn’t be interested in buying them. Imagine the Jordan 11 or Jordan 4 without the jumpman logo, it’s kinda lame to be wearing that.

However, the core Yeezy models (with the exception of the original 350s) would be indiscriminable from models that have all Yeezy branding removed unless you take someone’s shoe off and look at the insole or sneak in to their closet to look at their shoe boxes.

People will still buy and I don’t blame them but I know it’ll feel weird for a lot of us.

I still think it’s an extremely lame move by Adidas, because none of these models probably don’t exist without Kanye, and Adidas wouldn’t be where it’s at today without Kanye.

Hard to compare to JB because switching a Nike air tag to a Jumpman does change the whole look of a Jordan 1.

If you take a pair of wave runners and just swap out insoles how are you going to know?

I think theres a sizeable amount of people that have been wearing yeezys in the past year that dont fall into this category. like i mentioned in a post before, theres a pretty big gap between sneakerhead/trendsetter/sneaker culture enthusiast and the people who buy there shoes at kohls out of convenience.
I don’t necessarily disagree with you here but how many of those people will be willing to drop $230+ on a pair of re/branded 350s or $300+ on Waves? People were sold on Yeezys being exclusive but when the Yeezy part of the equation is suddenly thrown out, will it have the same appeal at that price point? I honestly don’t think so.

That said, if Adidas lowers the prices, I could a lot more people buying them. This exact thing happened with NMDs and Ultraboost… The latter of which is a favorite on Slickdeals, etc. because they have a ton of mass market appeal when they don’t sell them for $190+

Hard to compare to JB because switching a Nike air tag to a Jumpman does change the whole look of a Jordan 1.

If you take a pair of wave runners and just swap out insoles how are you going to know?
You won’t but my point was that the Jordan 1 is still a Jordan 1. The 700s aren’t Yeezys anymore-they’re an Adidas variant/derivative.

I don’t necessarily disagree with you here but how many of those people will be willing to drop $230+ on a pair of re/branded 350s or $300+ on Waves? People were sold on Yeezys being exclusive but when the Yeezy part of the equation is suddenly thrown out, will it have the same appeal at that price point? I honestly don’t think so.

That said, if Adidas lowers the prices, I could a lot more people buying them. This exact thing happened with NMDs and Ultraboost… The latter of which is a favorite on Slickdeals, etc. because they have a ton of mass market appeal when they don’t sell them for $190+

So basically at the EOD we’re going to find out if people actually liked the shoes or just the hype/exclusivity that came with them.

Can’t wait to see how this one plays out.

I still think it’s an extremely lame move by Adidas, because none of these models probably don’t exist without Kanye, and Adidas wouldn’t be where it’s at today without Kanye.
Adidas just simply isn’t a well/run company, how many CEOs have they had the past 10 years for example? Ye essentially saved the company and now they are desperate to try and get back to where they were just a few months ago when they were making money selling Yeezys. Honestly, I hope the company fails and Nike can acquire them and fix a lot of their issues since Adidas does have some truly great models like the OG Ultraboost.

The funny thing about all of this is I’m sure a lot of designers will think twice about working with them after this Yeezy fiasco, given that they will take their designs and run them into the ground. Can you ever imagine Nike releasing Kobes after his death and contract expired? Nike could have done this exact thing with the Air Yeezys after Ye left but they did what Adidas doesn’t have the courage to do and didn’t do this because they actually have some self respect as a company.

To this point, Adidas is pushing out great value Kobes and taking as much money from the man and his widow/children as they can, which kinda shows you their lack of values tbh.

So basically at the EOD we’re going to find out if people actually liked the shoes or just the hype/exclusivity that came with them.

I think the existing Yeezy models will still be viewed as Yeezys, but Adidas can pretty much forget about releasing new Yeezyish models that are hyped and sought after.

Lol you know exactly how this is going to play out fam.. Look at the NMD R1 hype of 2015-2016 as an example. I remember people were saying that was the greatest silhouette of the 21st century, etc: etc. People were even dropping &1k+ on black OG red/blue R1s.. It was absolute madness lol

Adidas just simply isn’t a well/run company, how many CEOs have they had the past 10 years for example? Ye essentially saved the company and now they are desperate to try and get back to where they were just a few months ago when they were making money selling Yeezys. Honestly, I hope the company fails and Nike can acquire them and fix a lot of their issues since Adidas does have some truly great models like the OG Ultraboost.

The funny thing about all of this is I’m sure a lot of designers will think twice about working with them after this Yeezy fiasco, given that they will take their designs and run them into the ground. Can you ever imagine Nike releasing Kobes after his death and contract expired? Nike could have done this exact thing with the Air Yeezys after Ye left but they did what Adidas doesn’t have the courage to do and didn’t do this because they actually have some self respect as a company.

To this point, Adidas is pushing out great value Kobes and taking as much money from the man and his widow/children as they can, which kinda shows you their lack of values tbh.

Nike definitely released some Kobe’s without Vanessa’s permission after Kobe’s death.

Nike has been terrible handling his line after his passing too if I might add.

Lol you know exactly how this is going to play out fam.. Look at the NMD R1 hype of 2015-2016 as an example. I remember people were saying that was the greatest silhouette of the 21st century, etc: etc. People were even dropping &1k+ on black OG red/blue R1s.. It was absolute madness lol

Oh I remember lol

Nike definitely released some Kobe’s without Vanessa’s permission after Kobe’s death.

Nike has been terrible handling his line after his passing too if I might add.
I’m not defending that move but she at least got paid royalties from Nike.

Adidas meanwhile is selling unbranded Kobes and not paying them a cent.

It’s not hard to tell that one of these actions is significantly worse than the other.

I’m not defending that move but she at least got paid royalties from Nike.

Adidas meanwhile is selling unbranded Kobes and not paying them a cent.

It’s not hard to tell that one of these actions is significantly worse than the other.

Crazy 1’s are still terrible.

But I agree never thought I’d see that shoe sell out.

Back
Top Bottom