Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 44 3.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 103 8.2%

• Total voters
Just saw this poll on Youtube from my son Roszko

8FEEC833-96B0-4192-9769-7995AEBD62AE.jpeg

Doesn’t even look off base to me, for a polling of people who consider themselves “sneakerheads”

26 percent of people who just like Yeezy designs regardless of Kanye involvement. 57% of people who was only there for Kanye and his influence. 18% of people who are waiting to see if there’s still clout to be gained in a pair of Yeezys before they decide
the poll isn't "sneakerheads", it's a specific subset of sneakerheads that are Roszko viewers, and that's obviously gonna skew towards... well, make of that what you will.

I don’t necessarily disagree with you here but how many of those people will be willing to drop $230+ on a pair of re/branded 350s or $300+ on Waves? People were sold on Yeezys being exclusive but when the Yeezy part of the equation is suddenly thrown out, will it have the same appeal at that price point? I honestly don’t think so.

Plenty. I got to the mall or center city Philly and I see a ton of people wearing the colorways of the qntms, 700 v3, and MNVN that most of us in this thread sleep on including myself. And they pay full price. I’m the only sneaker head in my immediate family and while my Yeezys might cost more value wise, I don’t even have the most Yeezys in quantity. Outside of sneaker enthusiasts there’s 2 groups of people that wear Yeezys. One group is folks that wear Yeezys because Kanye and his influence, and there are people that wear Yeezys strictly because they’re popular. There’s some overlap between the two groups but I think you believe the groups over lap more than they actually do. My younger sister in her early 20s has like 5 pairs of Yeezys mnvns alone and I know for a fact she’s never listened to a single Kanye album all the way through lol

Crazy 1’s are still terrible.

But I agree never thought I’d see that shoe sell out.
Yeah I'm sure there are other companies that also made money off Kobes death without paying his family... I remember Reebok released a pair of Kobe Question PEs after his death. He actually wore those during his sneaker free agency but I still think it was pretty unethical to release those without paying his family or, at the very least, do what Body Armor is doing with their Kobe flavor and donate some of the profits to his charity.

They'll do the necessary market research beforehand to gauge consumer demand for the non-branded Yeezys. I wouldn't be surprised if they drop the retail prices significantly based on their findings
I don’t think Adidas would proactively cut prices since the Yeezy line is a huge chunk of their profits. I think you’ll see Adidas release models at the same prices as before to recoup their losses and hope that people buy like before.

I don’t think Adidas would proactively cut prices since the Yeezy line is a huge chunk of their profits. I think you’ll see Adidas release models at the same prices as before to recoup their losses and hope that people buy like before.
They might try that and they'll be in for a rude awakening when they see pairs sitting online and in-stores rotting on shelves at the $200+ price tag.

the poll isn't "sneakerheads", it's a specific subset of sneakerheads that are Roszko viewers, and that's obviously gonna skew towards... well, make of that what you will.

If I had to draw a Venn Diagram of Roszko viewers, and the people who still go crazy over, and are willing to spend $240 on Yeezy 350s weekly... The picture would end up being one circle

It's a pretty damn good representative sampling of the people Adidas trying to pander to with the relaunch of Yeezys

One group is folks that wear Yeezys because Kanye and his influence, and there are people that wear Yeezys strictly because they’re popular.
And I'm here to tell you that their are popular because they are Yeezys, not in spite of it lol
Influencers/clout chasers on TikTok and ShoeTubers, etc. are going to drag Adidas for this... Hell, they are already gearing up to do so already.

Even though you don't see too many wearing them much before all of this, celebs are also not going to be wearing off brand Yeezys since stylists are either going to shun them because of Ye or because of the former point. So, unless Adidas moved them downmarket and lowers the prices, I just don't see how they can sustain anywhere near the same level of sales by rebranding the entire product. I honestly can't think of a time where a brand has successfully done this with an aspirational product.

They might try that and they'll be in for a rude awakening when they see pairs sitting online and in-stores rotting on shelves at the $200+ price tag.
This is exactly it.

The funny thing about it is that they could sustain long term sales doing this as well. For example, Nike built up the recent dunk hype by releasing limited quantities but over time in many restocks but didn't jack up the prices on dunks. That served them well-even now, look at how the Panda dunk STILL sells out even though there have been countless restocks. They seemingly know how to keep the Dunk low's demand above supply, even though they are still selling boatloads of pairs overall. I noticed how they thought Air Jordan 1 hype was untouchable but as soon as they raised the retail price to $170-$180 and increased the volume of releases (probably to eat off some of that AJ1 resale $), all of a sudden that model started sitting aggressively. I think if they tried aggressively increasing Dunk prices the same thing would happen. Adidas is in a situation where they have to remove Yeezy references from the shoes and it would be insane to think they can keep the demand consistent with the old Yeezy pricepoints in doing so. People are going to be aware that they are getting an inferior product, from a branding perspective.

Last edited:
I wear Adidas shoes that aren't yeezys "I own quite a bit" but it is a little weird without Yeezys name behind it. I do like the style and comfort but imagine buying a pair of Zebras or core reds without the SPLY 350 on the side. Idk, we'll see.
With the SPLY 350
w03-o214-p05.jpg

Without the SPLY 350
w03-o130-p02.jpg

Seriously though, do you guys think the SPLY 350 would be removed? Does it have something to do with Ye specifically?

Seriously though, do you guys think the SPLY 350 would be removed? Does it have something to do with Ye specifically?
We don’t even know what it means 100%. Ppl come up with some wild meanings for it but I don’t think the real answer is even out there.

I don’t think it has any ties to Ye tho

We don’t even know what it means 100%. Ppl come up with some wild meanings for it but I don’t think the real answer is even out there.

I don’t think it has any ties to Ye tho
His website was Yeezy Supply under Adidas I just assumed 😂

rosko is a clown - wasn't even into shoes until like 2016 when Yeezys started. he whines about resellers and backdoors but does both himself

Funny how adidas terminated Ye cuz they didnt wana associate with an anti semite yet seem pretty eager to keep slangin those designs and left overs associated with an anti semite. If they really cared they would just off the whole thing wipe they hands clean.

That's the reason I'm off the wagon. Adidas corny. One minute they acting like they taking the "moral high ground"

The next they tweeting like they on a path of vengeance. Oochie Wally Wally or One Mic?

I'd buy a pair if they said we're selling all this excess stock and giving 100% of the proceeds to charities for all marginalized people. Instead they plotting on how to convert the stock to Payless Yeezys, for profit

Back
Top Bottom