Adobe CS2 OR CS3 - I have a question for the PSers

rockdeep

Banned
Hey Guys,

I am about to embark in another level of my consulting...and that is joining your world in doing Graphic Color Blocking for products.

However... I was banking on getting a copy of the CS2 Suite...which I heard was pretty good to have...although all I will need is Adobe Illustrator...

But that lead and connection did not come thru...

Sooooo....I am wonderin...

Is it easy to find copies of this CD? If I were to try and purchase it retail.. would I be wasting my money as or would it be easier to try and just find someone who has a copy of the Suite?

I don't know if I am ready to invest $2300 or so dollars and then have someone call me and tell me they have a copy!! lol

Who here uses Illustrator and who uses Photoshop?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.. feel free to email me if need be.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Inside The Designers Mind
Coming Soon
Solejers
The Fake Police

Hi_

I use both Illustrator and PS.

Depending on your computer, I have a MAC so CS2 really lagged and didn't work well for what I needed to do.

CS3 is GREAT! It has a lot of functions for Photographers and new a few new features.

If I were you, first call all your buddies to make sure they have a disc. If not I'd invest in getting CS3. Or do it
the illegal route :wink:
wink.gif
realizethetruth.net info@realizethetruth.net

If one showed up..I'd love it... but I am doin all I can to exhaust all options.

Thanks for the insight. I have also looked into purchasing a MAC as well, as I heard it's best to run CS.

I am crossing my fingers something comes thru..
Coming Soon
Solejers
The Fake Police

A few months back I got an email about it...but I think it may have been about 2 or 3 months... not quite sure.
Coming Soon
Solejers
The Fake Police

Quote:
Who here uses Illustrator and who uses Photoshop?

Illustrator and Photoshop have different uses. Photoshop is pixel based so anything involving an actual image makes more sense to use photoshop not to mention it has all the tools to burn/dodge, etc, etc... Illustrator is vector based, meaning it uses math to determine shapes not pixels so for rendering text and graphic based stuff its far better, makes things look cleaner/shaper edges.

Both CS2 and CS3 have illustrator, photoshop, and indesign (a program for layouts and few other things). If you have a duo core mac I would say get CS3 because its intel compatible whereas CS2 is not hence why its alittle slow on the current duo core Macs.

Also while I realize Illustrator and Photoshop are ridiculously expensive the bootlegs might look to the average joe to the be the same (and there may be bootlegs that are the same). I've seen pirated versions where some of the more complicated stuff (lived traced, transforms, some filters, etc) don't work entirely correct.

BTW, I use both about everyday... I use photoshop for editing digitally scanned film negatives for the most part and Illustrator/Indesign for graphic design/viscom stuff for my various classes and whatnot...

Right now I have an iMac with CS2 (that I bought thru adobe with their education discount thats like 1/3 regular price) and I have Mac Book Pro with CS3 that I get for being a student at SAIC (probably included in the 30k tuition, they just don't say). CS3 runs alittle fasters and fewer hickups or stalls with complex stuff but thats also cause my MBP is a faster computer...

End of the day I seriously doubt there are too many people who would say the difference between CS2 and 3 really matters to what they actually need the programs for other than the intel compatibility for speed. If you can find CS2 for cheap or get it from a friend I would go with that and you probably won't be missing anything you'll end up using features wise but will save $$$..

ebayologist.. Good Info.. Highly Appreciated...

From ALL the IT professionals I know.. all of them don't have Graphics dept's where they install Adobe PS or Illustrator on the pcs or Macs... So lookin for the entire Suite is more of a stretch.

I am still holding out on hope.

I will be using this for more color blocking and reshaping of products to smooth out lines and make them flow if the lines appear off from the initial designers specs and design.

Thanks again.
Coming Soon
Solejers
The Fake Police

Back
Top Bottom