Resolved Ads taking up half the screen

Just started experiencing this today.

On the latest version of Crome Browser for iOS 16.5.1
IMG_2662.png

Last edited by a moderator:
As you may know, NikeTalk's ads had been recently managed by Complex. Then this happened:

NikeTalk is among the sites/creators impacted.

In brief, Buzzfeed failed to fulfill its most basic ethical/contractual responsibilities, and we have consequently been forced to seek out alternatives.

Throughout August, we'll be running some tests to determine a long-term replacement. This may involve some variations in ad size/placement, but we've made it clear to prospective long-term partners that we don't want to increase the total ad footprint above what's been running on the site.

The footer ad shown in your post exceeds the parameters we've specified, and we've already reported it to the party responsible.

The team and I greatly appreciate everyone's patience as we work through the testing process.

Didn’t know about that Complex issue, I figure it’ll be solved soon but just wanted to add that I’m seeing ads even though I’m a supporter
IMG_1285.png

We looked into this and identified the provider responsible. They've been notified and we expect them to update their configuration shortly.

To address the unintentional outage, I'll be extending your supporter subscriptions, as well as those of other members who've contacted me via PM to inquire about this issue.

noy sure if i need a new thread for this but to save some space id just post here

the celebrity x cruise ad takes up about 1/3rd of the screen and before it goes to that big of an ad, theres also this blue border that glows in the whole window warning you that its about to show up

i minimize it and if get cut in half and then have to close it again to get rid of it but it seems like after about 60 seconds, it shows up again

nt ad.png

it even stacks with the other existing ad
nt ad 2.png

started happening on my ipad pro too

IMG_0486.png

the blue border that surrounds the screen below
IMG_0487.png

Last edited:
Gotta love it when ads make the website unusable , so cringe
IMG_8027.png
IMG_8026.png
IMG_8028.png

Attachments

• IMG_8025.png
    IMG_8025.png
    389.7 KB · Views: 10
Those are two separate ads. They don’t appear to be malfunctioning. The footer unit is dismissible via the X. The other ad can be scrolled past. I know it’s not an ideal situation, and we’ll likely make some changes soon with respect to the maximum allowable size of mobile ad units to help prevent this sort of situation from occurring in the future.

It tries to animate, but it usually struggles and refreshes the page.
Out of curiosity, what model iPhone are you using? Feel free to send a PM if you’d rather not answer that publicly.

Back
Top Bottom