Adult NTers: Do you honestly like the taste of beer?

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by Square town 707

Originally Posted by Square town 707

Love beer, Hate beer snobs
everytime we have a beer thread, we have so many people come in here and say drink better beer. I say, you do you and drink what you like . I like bud light with lime, as my weekday beer, and leinenkugel or longboard as a weekend beer. Leinenkugel is a must try.

And yes I quoted myself

you call people beer snobs and then act like "oh leinenkugel is a must try"
laugh.gif
... okay, while Leiney's aren't exactly top of the line, they're definitely craftier than Bud Light, and you go talking them up here the same way somebody would a high end micro/craft. Just ironic to me, everybody wants to hate on "snobs" but why? Because we're trying to get people to drink better stuff? Not like it does us any good, drink what you want.. we're just trying to help in the end.
I dont act like leinenkugal is a must try, it is. Of course thats my opinion. All you snobs are alike, in how you come across. I gave examples ofbeer that I enjoy, and while it may not be one of your "high end" beers that you drink on the reg... it still comes down to the point that I enjoy itthe most. So why not enlighten other NT'ers on my favorite brew, it is a forum right? I guess your opinion is only valued if something is "highend"...

Originally Posted by Friendliest Ghost

Originally Posted by the north west

Originally Posted by ptrakarn23

Originally Posted by toast1985

Beer is great with certain meals, and its even great socially. Any beer drinker can recall a time when they had a sit down with friends, or family, and cannot recall how many beers you had because you were having a great time.
or you black out
laugh.gif
how the heck do you black out from just beer

Drink 30 beers in a night and think about it.
who in their right mind would drink 30 beers in a night

Beer is great with certain meals, and its even great socially. Any beer drinker can recall a time when they had a sit down with friends, or family, and cannot recall how many beers you had because you were having a great time.
or you black out
laugh.gif

Home Simpson maybe...Pretty sure I would be in the hospital with 30 beers

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

or you black out
laugh.gif

I've put down 30 beers multiple times, but not in one "night". It was moreso throughout the course of the day.

Originally Posted by oo206oo

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

or you black out
laugh.gif

I've put down 30 beers multiple times, but not in one "night". It was moreso throughout the course of the day.

Same exact thing i was gonna say. Not that im proud of it and I haven't drank like that in years. But in the course of a day its not an impossible thingto do. And trust me after that much its pretty easy to black out just from beer.

To answer your question. I dont dislike the taste of beer or else I wouldnt drink it, plain and simple. But I dont like it enough to drink just one beer witha meal or to drink it just for the taste. Id rather just have a water. But I do drink it to catch a buzz or get drunk.
laugh.gif
At calling people that do that alcoholics. Its not our fault you're anawkward drunk.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

I would agree that most anything is better than Corona of Heineken, but we've discussed this to death on NT and the hypebeasts just don't want to admit that both those beers are ALLLLLLL hype.

Sam Adams is a decent brewery, don't get me wrong. But they are still extremely mainstream for a reason, and that's because the beers are still pretty bland for the most part, relatively speaking. They are definitely a step up from the major brands you see, I will give you that.. but still very low on the quality scale of all craft beers.

Blue Moon is quickly becoming like Corona and Heineken... it's a crappy version of a belgian wit (i have to be careful to say the right style here, i got in trouble last time for being too vague) that is owned by Coors Brewing. Shock Top is Bud's answer to it, if you didn't know. They are mass-produced the same way Budweiser and Coors are, and that's the biggest gripe with them.. they're watered down versions of the styles they intend to emulate.

My recommendation? Sign up for beeradvocate.com and do some of your own research - find the best beer spots around your way on there and hit them up, figure out what style your current favorites are and compare them to the highest ranked beers on that site of that style.

That's the best way to find something new.
Pretty solid advice all around. I am not a beer snob by any means, nor am I ashamed of what I drink. I will readily admit that my go-to football watching beer is a budlight. Does it have little to no "beer" flavor? absolutely. But it is cold and refreshing when I just want to chill and watch some football and not get S-faced.

Interesting tidbit about the Shock Top. Never knew that. Theres a bar around my way that has Shock Top on tap. Didn't know what it was, but the pints were cheap so I decided to give it a shot and I liked it. Blue Moon is my go-to after work beer. Is it the most flavorful finely crafted beer in the world? Not even close. But it hits the spot and its $3/pint at Happy Hour at the local sports bar I hit up on Fridays. I know in some parts of the country a "deal" is 25 cent beers at Happy Hour or some madness like that, but here in LA/Santa Monica, $3 for a pint of non-Coors/Miller/Bud is a pretty smokin hot deal. I am a bargain shopper, and unfortunately that often translates to my beers too.
Ah dude - if i'm planning on getting blitzed some night, it's probably going to be on coors/bud/miller lite, whatever's on sale.

I mean - i prefer good beer, and getting drunk on good beer is actually the best way to go....you drink less, feel less hungover the next day, and enjoy thetaste more... but i can't afford many of those nights right now.

I don't really drink that much at all right now - just don't like waking up feeling like *$%. I goto the bar about once a week to have a couple ofnice pints with a few buddies... That's about the extent of my drinking anymore. But my eyes still light up when I see something good on tap.
pimp.gif

My newest obsession is Bell's Two-Hearted Ale.... for a long time I figured it was just another IPA i wouldn't like, but this thing tastes nothing likemost IPA's... my one beer expert friend couldn't believe Bell's actually labelled it as an IPA, b/c it just doesn't fit the mold.. But thatsole reason they called it that was the whole reason for not trying it for me, as most of them end up too sweet tasting for me.. I prefer the APA's thatare more hoppy. It's money though.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

I would agree that most anything is better than Corona of Heineken, but we've discussed this to death on NT and the hypebeasts just don't want to admit that both those beers are ALLLLLLL hype.

Sam Adams is a decent brewery, don't get me wrong. But they are still extremely mainstream for a reason, and that's because the beers are still pretty bland for the most part, relatively speaking. They are definitely a step up from the major brands you see, I will give you that.. but still very low on the quality scale of all craft beers.

Blue Moon is quickly becoming like Corona and Heineken... it's a crappy version of a belgian wit (i have to be careful to say the right style here, i got in trouble last time for being too vague) that is owned by Coors Brewing. Shock Top is Bud's answer to it, if you didn't know. They are mass-produced the same way Budweiser and Coors are, and that's the biggest gripe with them.. they're watered down versions of the styles they intend to emulate.

My recommendation? Sign up for beeradvocate.com and do some of your own research - find the best beer spots around your way on there and hit them up, figure out what style your current favorites are and compare them to the highest ranked beers on that site of that style.

That's the best way to find something new.
Pretty solid advice all around. I am not a beer snob by any means, nor am I ashamed of what I drink. I will readily admit that my go-to football watching beer is a budlight. Does it have little to no "beer" flavor? absolutely. But it is cold and refreshing when I just want to chill and watch some football and not get S-faced.

Interesting tidbit about the Shock Top. Never knew that. Theres a bar around my way that has Shock Top on tap. Didn't know what it was, but the pints were cheap so I decided to give it a shot and I liked it. Blue Moon is my go-to after work beer. Is it the most flavorful finely crafted beer in the world? Not even close. But it hits the spot and its $3/pint at Happy Hour at the local sports bar I hit up on Fridays. I know in some parts of the country a "deal" is 25 cent beers at Happy Hour or some madness like that, but here in LA/Santa Monica, $3 for a pint of non-Coors/Miller/Bud is a pretty smokin hot deal. I am a bargain shopper, and unfortunately that often translates to my beers too.
Not to hijack the thread, but since were talking about beer and you mentioned Santa Monica, this seems like a good opportunity to rep a new barthat my friend is part owner of. Its called West 4th and Jane and is on 4th Street and S.M. near Broadway. Its a couple doors down from Harvelles. Anyway,the bar has a really good selection of beers -- everything from really expensive Micro brews to stuff like Schlitz and Mickey's. They also have 3$ drinkspecials on some nights. Food isn't bad either. You should check it out.

i usually get a pitcher of the local brew when i hit up the bar. but damn, this one day i had a pitcher called Lost&Found, dunno the brewery name/maker,but it literally looked like chocolate milk with all the residue on the bottom. nonetheless, it was consumed

i dont like the taste of it when i first start drinking it, but once im drunk, I keep wanting more

For some, it is an acquired taste. If you spend enough time chugging Bud Light and Coors Light in high school and college, you really come to appreciate thetaste of a quality beer. I myself cannot seem to find an appreciation for dark beers. Guinness, Sierra Nevada, just about any IPA, I just don't care forthe taste. Give me any pilsner, lager, alt, (golden beer), and I'm golden! Stella, Dos Equis, Leffe, Orion, Kirin Ichiban, Asahi, Fat Tire, Fosters,Pilsner Urquell, Boston Lager, etc., I love them all. The most I'll venture into dark beers is Bohemia (best Mexican beer).

Sam Adams Chocolate Bock is good, Pliny the Elder is disgusting (to me at least). I cannot really touch most of the Stone Brewing concoctions (ArrogantBastard, Ruination Ale, etc.)

So basically I love the taste of lagers and pilsners and golden beers, and I hate the taste of ales, stouts, dark beers, etc. Not big on bitter.

naw. i tried to make myself like it because thats what errybody else was doin plus its cheaper than liquor but i cant do it. the taste is just awful, i cantdrink any w/o gagging. no thank you pass the skyy

Originally Posted by Pmighty

naw. i tried to make myself like it because thats what errybody else was doin plus its cheaper than liquor but i cant do it. the taste is just awful, i cant drink any w/o gagging. no thank you pass the skyy

What were you drinking?

Originally Posted by nbirn2103

Delirium_Tremens.jpg

For my beer drinkers who enjoy something strong.

I'd suggest Delirium Tremens. It's my favorite beer.

If you see it. Please give it a whirl. It may be expensive but it tastes like liquid gold.
The bottle looks nice, how much do they normally run?
Any LI know of any good beer stores in Nassau or even in CT around West Hartford.

Back
Top Bottom