ADVICE: Drive from Vegas to LA or visa versa

Any NT'ers make the trip.

Is driving, flying, or train the better option?

Is a day trip to LA feasible?.

Thanks!

It's possible depending on what time of the day you go. Once it took us 9 hours to get back from Vegas to LA cause of the traffic (to be fair it was Memorial Day Weekend). All of us were near suicidal at the end of that trip :lol:

Last edited:
Flying is always the better option since it only takes an hour and half to get there. Thing you gotta worry about is transportation. The drive isn't all that bad but that depends on traffic.

says 4 hours each way... accurate?
Without traffic, yes. I've done with this friends at 2am after a bar closed. From Santa Monica to Vegas. Coming back was another story though during day time. Mad traffic.

Fly if you can.

It def depend on the time and day traffic wise but around 4 hours is right. It usually takes me a  lil bit longer coming back to LA than it does going to Vegas

You making the trip on the weekend?

Last edited:
If you can get a cheap ticket fly out there.

I took the megabus from union station to Vegas and back recently and it was $6 each way when I did it.

If I'm not strapped for time I don't mind the drive up there. I can get there quick. I usually at the mad Greek in baker to grub on the way up there. On the way back I usually stop at the state line to sip a few and gamble one last time, stop at alien jerky in baker and that Peggy sues 50's diner in Barstow on the way back. A bunch of stops but I don't mind it if I'm not in a rush.

If you can get a cheap ticket fly out there.

I took the megabus from union station to Vegas and back recently and it was $6 each way when I did it.

If I'm not strapped for time I don't mind the drive up there. I can get there quick. I usually at the mad Greek in baker to grub on the way up there. On the way back I usually stop at the state line to sip a few and gamble one last time, stop at alien jerky in baker and that Peggy sues 50's diner in Barstow on the way back. A bunch of stops but I don't mind it if I'm not in a rush.

THIS!!!

OP, look into mega bus or bolt bus

Tickets i believe jumped a bit due to it being summer, but I would always casually look into trips from L.A to Vegas...dirt cheap!

I've ridden from L.A to san jose on several occasions and prefer using bolt bus..much more comfy and less pact

:pimp:

One of the reasons I love NT

This is what I'm looking at: reservations in Vegas are booked for Wed-Sat, We're looking to maybe change our flight to fly into LA stay the night or two and rent a car in LA for the time there (seeing as we'd want/need to move across the city) and drive to Vegas starting at 7am in the morning.

7am on a Wednesday should be easier correct?

:pimp:

One of the reasons I love NT

This is what I'm looking at: reservations in Vegas are booked for Wed-Sat, We're looking to maybe change our flight to fly into LA stay the night or two and rent a car in LA for the time there (seeing as we'd want/need to move across the city) and drive to Vegas starting at 7am in the morning.

7am on a Wednesday should be easier correct?
It depends where in L.A. are you leaving from. 7AM is prime time for traffic since folks go to work. L.A.'s traffic is the worst in the nation. Once you're out in the boonies, it should be smooth sailing unless there's an accident.

I'm always an early bird. I would personally leave around 5AM to ensure smooth sailing throughout the trip. If I pick up an hour or two, great...I'll just hit the strip sooner than later.

if you're north of the 10 you could also hit the 14 route through palmdale and the 58 to Barstow

I use to do overnight trip to vegas every week. fairly easy drive unless you are driving with a hangover or driving alone. 

Yo I love the drive to Vegas. Fresh coffee, cigs, and good company And that trip goes quickk
Also there's good fun on the way
Ghost town where you can embrace your inner child
Nothing but freedom in the desert- so fun to explore
Bum **** nowhere diners :pimp:

Srs though if you're talking about driving to Vegas, doing Vegas , and leaving Vegas in the same day that's ******* stupid
Unless your on uppers, your energy level will be so **** you won't even enjoy the trip
So if that's what's you're talking about then please reconsider
But if you got more than a day, take the drive man :pimp:
Just make sure you stay for the right amount of time
"The max stay in Vegas is 3 nights bc it takes four for the devil to get a grip on your soul."

Yo I love the drive to Vegas. Fresh coffee, cigs, and good company And that trip goes quickk
Also there's good fun on the way
Ghost town where you can embrace your inner child
Nothing but freedom in the desert- so fun to explore
Bum **** nowhere diners :pimp:

this. we used to do Vegas every year...piling into an SUV and road tripping with your crew was always a good time

also, like said Wednesday at 7 am depends on where you're coming from. Santa Monica, cutting across several main freeways, NO. 626 or IE, for sure since you're pretty much out on the edge of LA proper towards Vegas

and if you're coming out here on vacation, don't do a day trip. especially if its your first time here, gotta experience it without having to rush.

also from many experiences, there is ALWAYS traffic Friday evening LA to Vegas and Sunday afternoon Vegas to LA. Holiday weekends especially, and like this weekend since the 4th is on Friday, expect the traffic on Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom