Advice of Amsterdam Trip

Hey guys,

Looking for any advice re a trip too Amsterdam. Looking at going later this year, mainly too enjoy the café life ;-). And see some sights ofcourse but mainly just enjoy the freedom. Any particular tours that focus mainly on cafe's and the hemp life over there? Most I see visit cafes but don't spend much time there, I was be blazed the whole trip. I plan on staying for under 2 weeks probably 1 week, with half of that time not a on a tour just wondering the city solo. Any advice appreciated.
Ill prob catch a train too UK for a week at the end or before

Dont go on a tour.

Wander the city solo like you said.

DO NOT SMOKE before you go to the airport.
Their airport is awesome btw lol.
Take the train out of schipol airport.
visit dam square.

rent a bicycle. They run the road there.

Van gough museum is cool too.
I only had a layover but it was 10 hrs :x

DO NOT SMOKE b4 you catch your flight.

Last edited:
Dont go on a tour.

Wander the city solo like you said.

DO NOT SMOKE before you go to the airport.
Their airport is awesome btw lol.

Van gough museum is cool too.

I only had a layover their but it was 10 hrs.
Cheers, yeh im more feeling the solo part. Guess as I visit cafe's ill meet ppl...
Don't smoke before the airport? Any reason why? Miss my plane? lol
Yeh Van gough and anne frank the 2 sites I need to visit

Yes the airport is CRAZY
I almost missed my flight cuz I went to a coffee shop b4 lol
And if you have a late flight the dudes in customs will harass u esp if u look high

Edited my post cuz I forgot sum stuff.
Youll have a good time regardless tho I think lol.
Esp during the summer.

Last edited:
Yes the airport is CRAZY
And if you have a late flight the dudes in customs will harass u esp if u look high
Damn, imam google the airport now lol. Ah, got ya. Ill prob still smoke before my flight. only live once haha. Might be fun dealing with customs (as long as they don't make me miss the flight)
Cool, cheers man. Hopefully going solo I wont end up lost with no idea what too do but should be fine, I prefer doing things solo most the time

They had bean bags in da airport next to bicycle machines lol

And plenty of spots like this
View media item 985480
its like they know youre gonna be high lol.

im sure other nters can tell u more than me but have a good time op 8)

Hahaha I see why you said don't get high before the flight! Id get distracted af! Maybe get there 5 hours before hand. And thanks bro, appreciate the info. Was helpful. Keep it simple seems the go

Yes the airport is CRAZY
Damn, imam google the airport now lol. Ah, got ya. Ill prob still smoke before my flight. only live once haha. Might be fun dealing with customs (as long as they don't make me miss the flight)
Cool, cheers man. Hopefully going solo I wont end up lost with no idea what too do but should be fine, I prefer doing things solo most the time
don't be that guy 
laugh.gif

Buy your anne frank tickets now...no joke they sell out months in advance and the lines get really long unless you make it there at the crack of dawn.

Bulldog is a good first shop to hit but its very touristy and their quality isnt as good as other spots. Hit as many of the random ones as possible.

Hit the pancake factory after you do anne frank

You going with your lady? If not hit some tall Dutch yambs for me while you're there.

Anyone stayed in the "DoubleTree" ? Looks like the best reasonably priced one there

I stayed at the Mariott and the location couldnt have been better and the beds could not have been more comfortable...pretty reasonable but we split it a few ways.

I stayed at the Mariott and the location couldnt have been better and the beds could not have been more comfortable...pretty reasonable but we split it a few ways.
Thanks ill check that one out. Il rep when tmoro when nt lets me

the best product is arguably in Voyagers coffeshop across from the centraal station.

other than that grab a bike and have fun. :smokin

oh and use airBnb...the hotels suck in Ams and are expensive.

Last edited:
the best product is arguably in Voyagers coffeshop across from the centraal station.

other than that grab a bike and have fun.
smokin.gif
Il take note of that name, and yeh im gonna go against others advice and just have a couple things planned pre, just ride a bike and find **** too do most the time. Cheers man

I wish I had the money for hotels, but my experience while backpacking Europe definitely wouldn't have been as great had I not stayed in hostels :nthat:

I was dolo in Amsterdam for 8 hours or so, hit up a cafe bright and early, and practically walked around the entire red light district. Be prepared to get lost wandering those streets, especially if youre zooted 
laugh.gif
 All the streets look so similar, it's really easy to get lost. I just used the giant clock tower by the train station as a guide.

I didn't really hit up any of the nightlife, bars etc around there, but I feel like a week would be too long of a stay for me. Food is great as well. 

Also be prepared to see some of the most beautiful, well dressed women casually buzzing past you on bicycles while you squander the district stoned out of your mind
laugh.gif

yes, agreed on 1 week being too long of a stay there. 

I was there for 4 days and it felt a bit too long 
laugh.gif
, I would have cut a day and kept it moving on to Germany.

and honestly, be responsible when you are there. I made the mistake of hitting up cafes about 3 times a day and was just gone the entire time. Like my in Amsterdam was a straight blur, which I guess I sort of did it right, but at the same time I didn't get the most out of my experience 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom