Advice on anger management

I have always had an anger problem but lately it has been getting worse. Can I have some helpful answers as to how I can relieve stress?
Rule out sex and solo

Originally Posted by Madlib

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

I have always had an anger problem but lately it has been getting worse. Can I have some helpful answers as to how I can relieve stress?
Rule out sex and solo
MUSIC...i speak from experience
cosine
Also write poetry..Whenever im feeling angry or sad, i grab the pen and pad and write down some poems that express how I truly feel
I hold it very close to my heart and it means alot to me
frown.gif

That dont make me soft though

Write and listen to music, and smoke herb.

If not, play a video game with violence and let my wrath out on whoever.

Ive actually been to a court mandated Anger Management course.....

I didnt need to be there, but after meeting many people probably like OP this is the best advice I can give....
Know that no one can make you angry...you only allow them to....You control yourself and your emotions...
so stop being a little girl and grow some balls and take responsibility for your actions

A BOXING GYM OR UFC GYM

Or join a fight club. Yes trust me even if your getting hit yourself it will make the WHOLE DAY SEEM BETTER

Originally Posted by its stanley

^^^ there is a cure for anger?

of course, gaining a new perspective on the situations that cause the anger. learning to deal with those situations.

really its a case by case thing, there's no fix-all remedy to get someone to stop wanting to kill people all the time. this is why people get PhD's inpsychology, maybe OP should speak to one of those people.

Originally Posted by infamousod

its stanley wrote:

^^^ there is a cure for anger?

of course, gaining a new perspective on the situations that cause the anger. learning to deal with those situations.

really its a case by case thing, there's no fix-all remedy to get someone to stop wanting to kill people all the time. this is why people get PhD's in
psychology, maybe OP should speak to one of those people.
Man what is this dude talking about?
roll.gif
...how can you cure ANGER?....everybody will get angry at something every once in a while..its the treatment (music, and etc) that reduces the anger..people with anger issues just need to focus on controlling the anger and help relive themselves with the aforementioned treatement. i bet you're mad right now, because you arent making any sense

not mad at all. but I'm not talking about an all out curing where you will be like Peter from Office Space. I mean there is something psychologically orphysiologically wrong with someone who is perpetually in a state of anger (a person with a real problem). It can either be caused by a chemical imbalance orsome psychological factor that causes that person to go off easier than most.

I am not mad over a person I just store up my anger and over time it has just left me with a short temper.

I play something aggressive from somebody southern like Boosie REAL LOUD and just wild out, after a lil bit you feel relaxed and destressed

also knockin ppl on their $@# in football used to be fun, and maybe if u have a car just go for a drive

SPORTS. I play soccer 2 times a week, and just let everything out. I just started this quarter, and I've been feeling WAY better about life.

What you need to do is understand that no one, no circumstance, and no thing makes you angry.

Basically, an adult's inappropriate anger outbursts is the equivalent of a toddler's tantrum; instead of pouting in the form of a tantrum over notgetting your way, the adult is pouting n the form of hitting or yelling and cussing.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

What you need to do is understand that no one, no circumstance, and no thing makes you angry.

Basically, an adult's inappropriate anger outbursts is the equivalent of a toddler's tantrum; instead of pouting in the form of a tantrum over not getting your way, the adult is pouting n the form of hitting or yelling and cussing.

You gonna tell us another way to chill, relax and not get heated? I have anger problems too BTW. I can get pissed about simple stuff and people at times.Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Basically, an adult's inappropriate anger outbursts is the equivalent of a toddler's tantrum; instead of pouting in the form of a tantrum over not getting your way, the adult is pouting n the form of hitting or yelling and cussing.

You gonna tell us another way to chill, relax and not get heated? I have anger problems too BTW. I can get pissed about simple stuff and people at times. Thanks in advance.
i guess your "god" isnt so great after all..you of all people have anger problems?
roll.gif

Wow good job bud. Anyway sometimes God works through people. I was asking SKA because I respect his opinion and He may have some ways for me to channel anger.Its not a hard core anger problem. I just get irritated quickly sometimes. I don't release it majority of the time, I just go do something else.

Madlib:
RKO2004:
23ska909red02:

You gonna tell us another way to chill, relax and not get heated? I have anger problems too BTW. I can get pissed about simple stuff and people at times. Thanks in advance.

i guess your "god" isnt so great after all..you of all people have anger problems?
roll.gif

Please stay on topic and stop instigating. Make a new topic to ask your question if you like.
RKO2004:
I get angered very easily, a my anger has definitely gotten me into very serious trouble. Because of instigating, immature people online whorecognize the security they have hiding behind their monitor, I won't get into how bad my anger has gotten and what consequences have come from it and thepeople in my life that have been affected, but it's been bad.

I still get angry easy, but I keep my words to myself whenever I'm pissed off. Once we verbalize while we're mad, we start blaming, cussing, anddemanding, and we don't stop until someone is hurt or we're in handcuffs, or both. So stop talking, or keep your words to a minimum. It wouldn't bea bad idea to tell the people who are always in your life (parents if you live at home, wife if you're married, your boss and immediate co-workers if youhave a f/t job, etc.) that you would appreciate it if they would leave you alone whenever you're angry. Eventually, you'll not be angry anymore, andthen maybe you an talk about things if it's necessary.

And that's another thing; it's not always necessary to resolve things; sometimes you jut have to accept that things suck, and we can't always haveour way, and right now, it might be your turn.

Now, the entire time you're not talking because you're angry, think about your contribution to the problem more, and the contributions made by othersless. Why? Because you can't control them; you can control you. It doesn't do any good to stew over the factthat someone else needs to learn whatever you thin they need to learn; it does no good to realize what they could have done differently. If you want to bringit up to them later when you're calm, do so with an understanding that they didn't ask, and their contribution to the problem is far less important toyou than your contribution, because your contribution is in your control the next time a problem arises.

Anger issues? Eh, start by practicing calm and patience everyday. Look at the small things in life that annoy you or irritate you. Instead of making them a bigdeal or by reacting, learn how to cope with these things. Accept them or resolve them, depending on the situation. Once you learn how to deal with these smallthings, start to look at your bigger issues and problems and handle them the same way. Just always be present in the moment and try to remember what is andwhat isn't important in life. That right there is basically Zen in a very, very, very basic nutshell. Reading up on it helped me tremendously...

RKO2004:
I get angered very easily, a my anger has definitely gotten me into very serious trouble. Because of instigating, immature people online who recognize the security they have hiding behind their monitor, I won't get into how bad my anger has gotten and what consequences have come from it and the people in my life that have been affected, but it's been bad.

I still get angry easy, but I keep my words to myself whenever I'm pissed off. Once we verbalize while we're mad, we start blaming, cussing, and demanding, and we don't stop until someone is hurt or we're in handcuffs, or both. So stop talking, or keep your words to a minimum. It wouldn't be a bad idea to tell the people who are always in your life (parents if you live at home, wife if you're married, your boss and immediate co-workers if you have a f/t job, etc.) that you would appreciate it if they would leave you alone whenever you're angry. Eventually, you'll not be angry anymore, and then maybe you an talk about things if it's necessary.

And that's another thing; it's not always necessary to resolve things; sometimes you jut have to accept that things suck, and we can't always have our way, and right now, it might be your turn.

Now, the entire time you're not talking because you're angry, think about your contribution to the problem more, and the contributions made by others less. Why? Because you can't control them; you can control you. It doesn't do any good to stew over the fact that someone else needs to learn whatever you thin they need to learn; it does no good to realize what they could have done differently. If you want to bring it up to them later when you're calm, do so with an understanding that they didn't ask, and their contribution to the problem is far less important to you than your contribution, because your contribution is in your control the next time a problem arises.

OK now this helps. The not talking helps. But people who are buttholes for no good reason but to tear others down really gets me ticked. But yeah my mouth hasgot me in a LOAD of trouble in the past. When I let go I tear into people to a point where I really go in. Like dudes on here talking slick, they really get mebecause they usually do what they do because they are probably truly cowards behind the screens and their only intentions are to tear others down forabsolutely no reason.

Thanks for the advice. I'll def start trying to look at it from that perspective.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom