African American male ingrown hair problem.

Bros, how do you stop/reduce them? I can't figure it out. I tweeze all the time, I have tried products also and nothing works. Any advice? I shave with an electric razor and I don't go beneath the skin if that means anything.

For q while I used clippers to shave and left a little bit of stubble, that seemed to work best.

You can check your pharmacy's ethnic beauty product section for razors that are designed to not shave too close, helps for some people, didn't really for me...

F ingrown hairs though

I just use the cheap 1 blade disposable razors. They give me a good shave, but not close enough to cause the ingrown hairs.

I was gonna make a thread asking the same ? but about shaving your head. What do you guys use to shave your hair? I wanna rock the mj, but I'm scared of getting razor bumps on my head, and I don't think the clippers will cut low enough.

Pseudofollicultis Barbae.

I think TacoBell or some chain was sued because they forced black workers to shaved and they fired back saying that people of african/Mediterranean descent were more prone to having this problem and they won.

I went to the dermotologist and he gave me some stuff that has cortosol in it. Cortosol is an anti-inflammatory drug that works really well against bumps. I apply it once a day and I rarely have any bumps.

What it does is make the skin very THIN under the application of the stuff so it makes the bumps not appear.

If you go, ask about it and see what they say for you.

Also try shaving with adjustable CLIPPERS and EDGERS...just suck it up bro...you're black, not gonna have that straight hair like europeans...you WILL bump up because the hairs grow under your skin. Just get as close as you can...obviously since you're not using a razor you'll have to shave more often but keep your clippers clean and look into some good skin care products, you should be good to go.

Know your limits. I cringe when I see black people using razors.

Exfoliate ur skin. Bein African American, our skin is more oily then our white counterparts or even Asians so we have to make sure the pores don't clog. Its also because our hair tends to be thicker and more coarse, can't do anything about that tho.

i have em on my face as well. heres what i do...

let ur hair on ur face grow out for a couple days first.

1st. get some face scrub and apply it. rub it in with HOT water and a rag and RUB IN CIRCLES. when you rub in circles, you are getting the hair to uncurl and they are easier to get out.

rinse that out and take a brush(i have my own brush for my face, never use the same one as ur head because of the grease)
brush IN CIRCLES, again it is getting those hairs that are curled under the skin causing those bumps to come out.

after brushing, TWEEZE, and hairs that are growing into ur skin, pluck them out. theres gonna be some bleeding, but you gotta man up.

and there you go. i do this around 2-3 times a week. it takes about 10 mins in all plus shaping up the gotee, but its well worth it.

i also apply some bump stopper 3-4 times a week.

sucks, but you gotta do what you gotta do. just remember to brush in circles to get those curly hairs from under their skin

This is what I use & no bumps what so ever.

NpGBhbqfi4aLb-iDzQHTvVbqrvT05MFcIRQVNqN7sM9DBi7_iKqwPXI3qmV4yrknzQEKvzWVTP8nT9xFQTkS10otwJAs-FAHMTXq7n0sIn8GD9Tg5EnrPTPi3BFY6804a9BLcRRx4W1hS9IFGi8NgX54RN0Q

Tea Tree Oil Spray, Electric Razor Liquid to lift your hair after a hot shower & clean clippers

Have performed years of research on the subject. I endedup using wahl balding clippers on my neck in conjunction with Magic Cream shave and a linear horizontal electric shaver( www.amazon.com/Panasonic-ES8103S-Pro-Curve-Rechargeable-Shaving/dp/B001DNE3KQ/ref=sr_1_16?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1315074889&sr=1-16) on my face. When testing the triangular shaped shaver or a bladed razor.. those would always yield the dreaded bumps.

Took a month to clear my skin back up, but haven't seen razor bumps in awhile.

there's no way to completely eliminate them. unless they make something that makes your hair straight before it breaks the skin...not gonna happen.

to reduce the severity I have my girl tweeze the bad ones from under my skin (dont pluck, itll just become ingrown again)
i use tend skin twice a day and it has worked somewhat.
i use a face cloth twice a day to exfoliate the skin
and use a face moisturizer with spf 20 to help them break the skin easier

teamnestlecrunchbumpface ftl...

I'm happy I rarely have this problem, but it ain't nothing worse than having a tender +*! ingrown hair, when you accidently brush against it oh my god
eek.gif

My older brother on the other hand has them constantly even had to have surgery to cut them out

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

i have em on my face as well. heres what i do...

let ur hair on ur face grow out for a couple days first.

1st. get some face scrub and apply it. rub it in with HOT water and a rag and RUB IN CIRCLES. when you rub in circles, you are getting the hair to uncurl and they are easier to get out.

rinse that out and take a brush(i have my own brush for my face, never use the same one as ur head because of the grease)
brush IN CIRCLES, again it is getting those hairs that are curled under the skin causing those bumps to come out.

after brushing, TWEEZE, and hairs that are growing into ur skin, pluck them out. theres gonna be some bleeding, but you gotta man up.

and there you go. i do this around 2-3 times a week. it takes about 10 mins in all plus shaping up the gotee, but its well worth it.

i also apply some bump stopper 3-4 times a week.

sucks, but you gotta do what you gotta do. just remember to brush in circles to get those curly hairs from under their skin

gonna try this. What kind of brush? A really soft one right?

@lurkin yea, just a soft brush from wal-mart or somethin.

off topic, anyone ever get mad at the "black" section in wal-mart? they never have what i need. just brushes and wave caps haha. i go to sallys beauty supplies for everything else tho.

Thanks for all of the advice. I will get to work. What do you guys clean your face with tho? I just have clearsil

Back
Top Bottom