African American Male w/ Afro, want to make hair curly, will rep those who help.

meek meals

Banned
Hello there, young black male who wants his hair to be this texture:

drake.jpg

Hair is currently grown out in an afro to about 3.25 inches high, give or take in some areas, tapered/temped up on the sides

It's nappy as ****, and tape ups never last past when I go to sleep

I want it to be the texture in the picture
[h1]I DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT WANT THIS:[/h1]
50-cent-wavy-hair-2011-06-15-300x300.jpg

What products can I use to make my hair appear like the first picture?

Will rep those who help.

S curl texturizer. Follow the directions on the back and don't leave it in for too long. I don't use it, but I know folks that do. Mixed genetics ftw.

Good luck.

My hair naturally went from waves to curls when I let it grow out a bit.

It's all about the natural texture of your hair.
It's rough/nappy as ****, comparable to Wiz Khalifa's
don't put chemicals in your head bruh
Why not?

Seems like the only way to curl it up
My hair naturally went from waves to curls when I let it grow out a bit.
Lucky 
tired.gif

S curl texturizer. Follow the directions on the back and don't leave it in for too long. I don't use it, but I know folks that do. Mixed genetics ftw.

Good luck.
Will try

Will rep when the system lets me

Don't want to end up with the Struggle Curtis Curls in OP though

Good luck.
:smh:

Just get some of this or anything really with petroleum in it will make you curl up. Drake's hair really just looks like he's wolfing so just continue to do whatever you are doing now for waves but letting your hair grow past wave length and brush, although he is obviously mixed so he maybe gets that way easier. Luster's pink will work too. Just go in the black hair care aisle of Wal Mart and buy anything really. I wouldn't go with an S curl though

ab_organics_oliveoil_7.5.jpg

Organics%20Cholesterol%20Tea-Tree%20Oil_1.JPG

Last edited:
Yeah 50's is just wilding.

I THINK Drake's is a little more straight than the average black guy's hair so you'd have something more rough than his anyways. 

You gotta moisturize though. 

It gets a little pseudosciency when you read whats in these packages though. Its hard to know what works and what doesn't. I don't think you can go wrong with DatZNasty's suggestions. 

Last edited:
I'm a woman, but cut my hair a while back. What you want to do is dampen your hair (either lightly towel dried out of the shower, or spray it with a bottle filled with water and any oils you use), add a creamy product or gel (I use some stuff called Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie, but it has a *very* feminine fragrance), and then twist your curls with your fingers or brush in a circle with a soft bristle brush. There are YouTube vids of newly natural haired women doing this - hope it helps.

Sulphate free shampoo

and a leave in conditioner. After washing your hair, leave the conditioner in for 30-45 minutes before washing it out, it will do wonders!

I'm mixed, but here's my regiment. Get some type of leave-in conditioner, preferably for ethic, thick, or curly hair. Wet your hair while in the shower or just in the sink, work in the leave in conditioner, AND DO NOT RINSE IT OUT. Depending on the texture of your hair or if you want your curls to be soft or a little firm . . .put moose in your hair for firm (I use garnie fructuise stuff) or a creamier product for african americans( leaves your hair kinda greasy, so I can't rock with it). Once the leave in conditioner and moose or cream is in your hair, take a towel and gently pat your hair with it. Do not rub it with the towel roughly or with great force because that will mess up your curls; just damp it lightly with a towel to get some of the moisture and leave in conditioner out. Once you do that, quickly run your finger through your hair once or twice to loosen the curls or release the hair that is matted down. Let it air dry and you should be good!!

wet your hair, keep it SOAKED, use kinky curly custard. with the leave in and you will be good. Most african africans have naturally curly hair but it just coils up. To the dude who said black hair is the worst, your just mad cause there is literally a MILLION things that can be done with black hair.

DO NOT S CURL BRO. ITS NOT WORTH IT.

Last edited:
It's all about the natural texture of your hair.
this

but dont let these guys fool you into thinking drakes hair is curly, thats still extra nappy, its just not dry and coarse

my hair is just like drakes out the shower and when i sweat, if i have my scalp moisturized it maintains that wet look without me having super greasy hair or forehead

idk man, just keep your hair moisturized and thats the best you can do

To the dudes who have coarse black hair...how are you all combating dandruff? I mean just general dryness?

I've been told that we don't need to wash our hair as often because many OTC shampoos have sulfates and things like SDS in them which are heavy detergents and remove natural oils that we already lack inrelation to "white" hair. 

Back
Top Bottom