African Descendants ✊🏿 Black People - Americas, Africa, Caribbean Culture Discussion

1572440338535.jpeg

Big up to my brother X and all the ADOS who fought for us.
Grenada, the Isle of Spice :pimp::nthat:

download.jpg
Malcom X mother from Grenada as well.

Just like with how Sexism and misogyny has effected women globally, women do understand that women are oppressed due to their gender, not because of their culture or nationality. Yes, there are women who do act against their own best interests, especially in a place like America with white women. That is because there are some women who are incredibly comfortable with being second class citizens, just as long as they are taken care of, considered when the rewards are given out. They do not mind being called an american woman, or a woman of another culture, one that has been steeped in traditions of oppression. Take your pick there.

But the women who choose to do this, can and do dilute their cause for equality. Having simply the title of Woman regardless of country or culture unifies them all.

You are not a target of white supremacy because you are from continent of Africa, nor Caribbean. You are a target of white supremacy because you have something that they do not have.

Blackness.

That melanin content is far more powerful than anything they have ever had. It is the thing that connects you to the beginning of time, because as we know? Black people were the first people on this planet, and we all were brought forth by a Woman.

I hope this sinks in a little.

KHUFU KHUFU bro, I completely agree but Blackness comes from Africa.

You cant separate the 2 man. You can love being black and not love Africa.

Am I wrong or right?

Yeah this is dope. My Island and Latino brothers and sisters might have been dropped off first but here we are.

We are like fingers on the same hand. Each unique and different but when we come together...

Band of the Hand!

KHUFU KHUFU bro, I completely agree but Blackness comes from Africa.

You cant separate the 2 man. You can love being black and not love Africa.

Am I wrong or right?
I think that you are confused as to how the term Black came about, especially in the description of melanated people.

I think that you are confused as to how the term Black came about, especially in the description of melanated people.

I meant to say "you cant love being black and not love Africa"

Either you I LOVE BLACK and I LOVE AFRICA.

I hope you can say the same too KHUFU KHUFU

Blackness was the normal state of being. I think only relating blackness to Africa is a misnomer.

Dark skin people were the norm all over the planet.

Indian people are black too. A different kind of black, but still black.

I meant to say "you cant love being black and not love Africa"

Either you I LOVE BLACK and I LOVE AFRICA.

I hope you can say the same too KHUFU KHUFU
You do realize that there is a movement happening right now, where Africans do not want to be considered Black, but wish to be called African, correct? There is a reason for this. That reason is the same reason that some Dominicans to not wish to be called Black either. It is about political positioning, one that would leave Black people behind, yet again.

You do realize that there is a movement happening right now, where Africans do not want to be considered Black, but wish to be called African, correct? There is a reason for this. That reason is the same reason that some Dominicans to not wish to be called Black either. It is about political positioning, one that would leave Black people behind, yet again.

Here you go with this pettiness

bro, everywhere there are black people who dont love being black. It happens here in America, in Jamaica, in Africa, in Brazil...that narrative is only going to cause division.

There aint no place in here to discuss how one group doesnt like the other group, just because some Africans dont like being called Africans dont mean ALL AFRICANS. Please stop generalizing.

I asked you a simple question if YOU KHUFU LOVE AFRICA, and your response is "oh, but there are Africans who dont love Africa"

We get that you are big in Egypt and you speak the ancient language and Im impressed because you remind us daily, but you dont love being BLACK/AFRICAN.

Here you go with this pettiness

bro, everywhere there are black people who dont love being black. It happens here in America, in Jamaica, in Africa, in Brazil...that narrative is only going to cause division.

There aint no place in here to discuss how one group doesnt like the other group, just because some Africans dont like being called Africans dont mean ALL AFRICANS. Please stop generalizing.

I asked you a simple question if YOU KHUFU LOVE AFRICA, and your response is "oh, but there are Africans who dont love Africa"

We get that you are big in Egypt and you speak the ancient language and Im impressed because you remind us daily, but you dont love being BLACK/AFRICAN.
You do realize that Egypt is in Africa, correct? You do realize that the Egyptians were melanated people, correct? You do realize that those same Egyptians were called Black by Diodorus, correct?

You do realize that Egypt is in Africa, correct? You do realize that the Egyptians were melanated people, correct? You do realize that those same Egyptians were called Black by Diodorus, correct?

I KNOIW THAT EGYPTIANS WERE BLACK/MELANATED.

We know you LOVE EGYPT, however Egypt is a part of AFRICA

Stop with the mental gymnastics and answer the question. DO YOU LOVE ALL OF AFRICA OR JUST EGYPT?

Nope!

Lets be clear in the context of our discussions here.

When I speak of being Black Im speaking of a VERY real thing in the following context.

"The Virginians legislated a new class of people into existence: the whites. They gave the whites certain rights, and took other rights from blacks. White, as a language of race, appears in Virginia around the 1680s, and seems to first appear in Virginia law in 1691. And thus whiteness, and to a degree as well blackness, was born in the mind of America."

This might be a difficult concept to grasp but there were no "Black" people until there were "White" people.

Last edited:
I KNOIW THAT EGYPTIANS WERE BLACK/MELANATED.

We know you LOVE EGYPT, however Egypt is a part of AFRICA

Stop with the mental gymnastics and answer the question. DO YOU LOVE ALL OF AFRICA OR JUST EGYPT?
It would be silly of me to answer a loaded question.

Here's what I LOVE about africa. On the continent of Africa, Women gave birth to mankind.

Full blooded Jamaican born here in the US.

Just learned my great grandpapi helped clear out the jungle that is now known as Havana, Cuba✊?.

Honestly wouldn't mind a change of scenery from NYC & we got fam eating good back a yard.

And always keep some pickapeppa sauce on you.

Nope!

When I speak of being Black Im speaking of a VERY real thing in the following context.

"The Virginians legislated a new class of people into existence: the whites. They gave the whites certain rights, and took other rights from blacks. White, as a language of race, appears in Virginia around the 1680s, and seems to first appear in Virginia law in 1691. And thus whiteness, and to a degree as well blackness, was born in the mind of America."

This might be a difficult concept to grasp but there were no "Black" people until there were "White" people.

mental gymnastics, dudes wanna come up with reasons why they cant say "Im black and proud" or "Im African and proud"

Niketalk Black people never fails to amaze me.

Nope!

There it is.

It seems that many wish to ignore historical context, in lieu of willful ignorance.

Funny, because what it does is to allow misinformation to lead the way under the guise of some supposed unifying effort. What this sort of action actually does, is to hasten the efforts of ignorance through divide and conquer.

Racism was invented in America. Those who were not born into the oppressive conditions that racism created do have a different view as to how one may be able to skirt the issue of race. They may believe in the mantra of education, hard work, that immigrant mentality. You are told that perhaps if you IGNORE racism, that somehow it may not effect you like it does BLACK people. The real racists in this world, are the ones who either talk about it? Or are the ones who complain about it. This is what a white supremacist will tell you.

So when someone asks me if I love Africa? I do realize the subtleties that lie in such a question.

Do you wear Africa? Or does Africa wear you?

There it is.

It seems that many wish to ignore historical context, in lieu of willful ignorance.

Funny, because what it does is to allow misinformation to lead the way under the guise of some supposed unifying effort. What this sort of action actually does, is to hasten the efforts of ignorance through divide and conquer.

Racism was invented in America. Those who were not born into the oppressive conditions that racism created do have a different view as to how one may be able to skirt the issue of race. They may believe in the mantra of education, hard work, that immigrant mentality. You are told that perhaps if you IGNORE racism, that somehow it may not effect you like it does BLACK people. The real racists in this world, are the ones who either talk about it? Or are the ones who complain about it. This is what a white supremacist will tell you.

So when someone asks me if I love Africa? I do realize the subtleties that lie in such a question.

Do you wear Africa? Or does Africa wear you?

You believe racism was invented in America?

Back
Top Bottom