African Descendants ✊🏿 Black People - Americas, Africa, Caribbean Culture Discussion

Nah, racism was systematically created in European institutions to justify stealing from all the other countries and empires in the world.

Don't confuse recent racism for the edicts, papal bulls and Royal decrees that created the institution of racism that spread across the world and is directly correlated to Europeans rise out of the Dark Ages ( Black People Running things).

kingkoopa kingkoopa heres mine. I like the old format better since it also group it up into continents
FBFDC4A0-18F0-43E0-A405-9E996E991112.jpeg

Nope.

White supremacy had existed in the form of tribalism. Racism and the system that supports the theory of white privilege, started right here in America, as the article above clearly states.

Without laws to support the theory of race, racism cannot exist. Hate had always existed under TRIBALISM.

Y’all trust that ancestry.com? I thought they found that it’s not as accurate as people tend to believe.

Y’all trust that ancestry.com? I thought they found that it’s not as accurate as people tend to believe.

I did 23andme and don't really trust the ancestry portion at all...

I do trust the health portion tho

yup, my homeboy did it and it said he was 99% Cameroon and his parents was from there.

The girl who I was dating at the time I ordered a kit for her with mine and when she sent in her saliva it came back and said ur 73% African and 27% Southeast Asian Indian. SPOT ON

So I trust it, its good to know exactly where your background is from.

The title of the video is ORIGIN OF RACE IN THE US.

Please remember this isnt just about America in here.

You AFRICAN

Dammit Man,

Watch the video.

How you gonna focus on the small title in the corner and ignore the bold large font print dead center.

Anyway - if you have a link to the establishment of race based on skin color outside the US first then please post it up.

Also,

Cant tell if sarcasm so just in case:

I'm not African - we have been over this already.

Sheesh!

If sarcasm then cool - no worries.

Dammit Man,

Watch the video.

How you gonna focus on the small title in the corner and ignore the bold large font print dead center.

Anyway - if you have a link to the establishment of race based on skin color outside the US first then please post it up.

Also,

Cant tell if sarcasm so just in case:

I'm not African - we have been over this already.

Sheesh!

If sarcasm then cool - no worries.

In this THREAD our nationalities are all different, but as long as you black your ethnicity is AFRICAN. Deal with it

I literally posted the link that shows how race was established.

Sheesh!

Great video.
Whiteness is a very recent concept.
Black been black.
Whole concept of capitalism is write black folks out of white history.
Their hole grasp on reality that they passed down is a big lie. A terrible inheritance.
Screenshot_20191030-140403.png

Last edited:
This idea of all blacks being Africans and unity is a European concept.
Blacks Identifying as Africans is in response Europeans declaring themselves as White. It's a binary system of haves and have nots. Which is why who is considered white and black in modern times is a moving goal post.

Just like Italians recently became "white". ADOS recently became "black."

It's common to see the terms "race" and "ethnicity" used interchangeably, but, generally speaking, the meanings are distinct. Race is usually seen as biological, referring to the physical characteristics of a person, while ethnicity is viewed as a social science construct that describes a person's cultural identity.

Im Black ethically and Black racially.

"African" aint a race and I do not have an African culture.

Stop trying to dictate who and what other people are.

Thats some wypepo ish.

It's common to see the terms "race" and "ethnicity" used interchangeably, but, generally speaking, the meanings are distinct. Race is usually seen as biological, referring to the physical characteristics of a person, while ethnicity is viewed as a social science construct that describes a person's cultural identity.

Im Black ethically and Black racially.

"African" aint a race and I do not have an African culture.

Stop trying to dictate who and what other people are.

Thats some wypepo ish.

You are a descendant of people from AFRICA right?

Stop trying to seperate yourself from Africa. I bet if you go to Congo DR you look just like Dikembe Mutombo and those people. You a damn African

This idea of all blacks being Africans and unity is a European concept.
Blacks Identifying as Africans is in response Europeans declaring themselves as White. It's a binary system of haves and have nots. Which is why who is considered white and black in modern times is a moving goal post.

Just like Italians recently became "white". ADOS recently became "black."
There are plenty of black people who recognize and celebrate the fact that even with the cultural differences, we share the same ancestral homeland. This thread is for that.

There are plenty of black people who recognize and celebrate the fact that even with the cultural differences, we share the same ancestral homeland. This thread is for that.

THANK YOU

IF YOU DONT BELIEVE YOUR ANCESTRAL HOMELAND IS FROM AFRICA PLEASE LEAVE. SIMPLE

Its annoying to come in here and see people trying to come out with 50 different ways to not attach them to Africa.

Where the hell yall form then China?...or dont tell me AMERICA. This isnt an "Indegenious People of America Thread"

You know what im changing the tile.

Blackness was the normal state of being. I think only relating blackness to Africa is a misnomer.

Dark skin people were the norm all over the planet.

Indian people are black too. A different kind of black, but still black.
Yeah not all "Black" People are of Sub African descent like Melanesians. Physically I look very similar to some them, but as far as DNA goes we have little to nothing in common.
Two_Vanuatu_girls.jpg Children-in-Papua-New-Guinea.jpg
You believe racism was invented in America?
Hell no, prejudice has probably existed since the 1st & 2nd humans interacted w/ each other. Human's are highly advanced animals, but still animals at the end of the day.

Now as for the racism we've witnessed for centuries now, I can confidently say that it started in some European nation.

i think you guys are talking past eachother but describing the same thing. "black" people although come from different places and different cultures draw their ancestry back to Africa and on top of that share the experience of being impacted generationally by white supremacy, colonization, and largely European imperialism. When i see "black" in context of culture thats generally what I'm assuming. And while different regions were impact by different things thats still something the majority of black folks have in common. African Americans. Native Africans, Caribbean folk, and Afro Latinos all have that in common.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom