African Descendants ✊🏿 Black People - Americas, Africa, Caribbean Culture Discussion

I only date black women.
michael.jpg

if a woman throws a wig every once in a while, no problem. But you don’t take care of your real hair and feel comfortable showing it to the world? Nah I’m good.

but instead want to put on a wig that’s fashioned after non black womens hair?

if you’re in your mid 30s like me and don’t feel comfortable wearing your natural hair most of the time, I dont want to be with her to settle down. You still haven’t grasp that aspect of loving your hair naturally? I’m not really mentally attracted to those types of women. Simple

I've had the same stance with BW and natural hair since H.S and people thought I was crazy back then (I'm 35 now). I would literally ask ladies how often they wore their natural hair on our 1st date:emoji_sweat_smile:. After a while, I stopped that because I had gotten in so many arguments. Up until I got engaged, one of my rules from the gate was she had to be rocking or I've seen her with her natural hair. At the end of the day it worked

Finding a chick who rock her hair natural in this day in age is far & few (not even talking just america i see black women embracing weaves etc heavy elsewhere)..thats like finding a chick thats kidless in the states(usa)...the skin bleaching is heavy now too with alotta women..to each their own but i tell my women i like them in they natural form but some act like they need that weavepiece its life or death

You ask why things like the lynching of Ahmaud Arbery keeps taking place on black people? It’s because we have identity issues as a people. Black people want to be everything expect black/African so we can get pushed around by everyone else.

Can 2 white men wait on the side of the road and kill an Arab, Asian, Latino, Jew and feel like they can get away with it? Of course not, however they and the police will always continue to feel like they can brutalize and kill our people with impunity.

When I mean we have an identity crisis, it means we don’t have anything that we can get behind and claim it is ours. We don’t have a religion for ourselves like Jews, we want to be Christian or Islamic and don’t want to practice anything African based. We don’t have language for ourselves, we don’t have our own learning institutions, we don’t have anything that belongs to us.

Little things like going to vacation in Africa instead of Europe, black men add some African attire to your clothing ensemble, ladies wear your natural hair more. You may think when I post about these things I’m being hard for no reason, but it’s because I realize there is an importance of embracing ourselves for who we are.

The enslavement of our people in the Americas and the colonization of our people in Africa really set us back as a people. Black people in America don’t own anything, black people in the Caribbean are being taken over by Chinese, Africa’s resources is owned mainly by outsiders. We have nothing, and when you have nothing others can do whatever they want to us. Therefore we get killed and abused with almost no repercussions.

So Rest In Peace Ahmaud and please ask yourself why these things keep happening, and look in the mirror as black/African people to see what we can do to change it 🗣✊🏿

Layzie im not gonna hold u bro...alotta foreign blacks( west indians , africans , blacks from uk) come to america & dont even rock with us like that...now i tip my hat for u coming online talking how u talk..but u are a small percentage of west indians thats rock like that here in america..alotta people come here & stick amongst their own countrymen(yeah u have some younger kids who might be americanized & be around us will tend to rock with us but alotta elders steer clear of us...some foreign blCks rather deal with whites & arabs before they deal with us black americans)& that gets me tight because we (black americans be willing to support any & everybody else but alotta these people dont support us heavy back)dudes wanna march for kidnapped african girls(them african people aint marching for killed black men in america)..dudes wanna attend jouvert /west indian day parade heavy but when the black american festivals was goinf on in harlem i seen very few west indian heads..the examples can go on

Thats something that gotta get situated quick fast & in a hurry first & foremost (the separation amongst foreign blacks & us black americans) before everything else gets situated

Last edited:
I knew about former African slaves escaping to and fighting with the seminoles to resist slavery and colonization. I knew about slaves braiding escape maps into each others hair to aid in escaping slavery.

I didnt know about the ancient writing systems that they also used in their resistance though.

Black Boys being sexually taken advantage of is a definitely thing, and the consignment of it is a bigger thing.

Boosie should be thrown for orchestrating pedophile activities and the woman that went along w/ is more disgusting for agreeing & should rot w/ duke. That or kill them both, idc. I’m not shifting my stance.

Just a note, this was a young Bey. She now knows of the ancestors that have had her plan in effect and then giving her protection before her birth. The spiritual community has always known of this dual universe, as what you are doing here, is also being done over there, working in unison. Those who understand transitioning, know of which I speak. I will not delve too deeply into this due to detractors on this site, but this all has been well known by those who have rejected the Abrahamic faiths long ago, then delving into ancestral beliefs. Even the Norse spoke of the 9 realms, of which was very much in effect.

out
You can speak on it in here.......

stumbled across this scholarly paper on the cultural juxtaposition of Jimi Hendrix and this passage stood out:

What may come as a surprise to many of his black detractors was that Jimi Hendrix not only knew that he was black, but what that blackness meant in the context of American history. What Jimi refused to do was allow the notion of blackness as defined by others to determine his music. Jimi was neither an activist nor a black separatist, and his central focus, as always, was music, which he saw as being without color.

I´ve always identified with dude--short version of his story: born in Bum****, Bamasippi, people hated him because suntan, moved to England, oh **** it´s Jimi Hendrix--and this paper is even helping me realize why.

happens to be one of the most talented musicians in modern history too, so that helps.

would also like to get some angles on this concept, it reflects my personal experience.

Maureen Mahon in Right to Rock writes on how the dynamics of race
and Jimi's blackness influenced the treatment he received from the music
industry, critics, and fans. In spite of his international success, Jimi never
achieved what the music industry viewed as substantial popularity among
black audiences, which is perfectly understandable. Jimi's music was not
and is not played on black radio. Although conventional wisdom views Jimi
as a for whites-only performer, the racialized and unscientific system of
recording record sales contributed significantly to the perception that Jimi
had no black fans.

Although blacks did buy Jimi's records, his sales were reported on the
pop charts and did not register on R&B lists. As a result, all of his sales
were interpreted as pop, which was a euphemism for white. The R&B charts
tracked black sales, which were based on black radio station airplay and
black record store sales. With virtually no black radio airplay and no
appearances on the R&B charts, Jimi was essentially forced into aligning
himself with the white audience as his management was convinced he
should target.

I think I have posted enough pictures of myself on this chat line to highlight why this is relevant.

Back
Top Bottom