African Descendants ✊🏿 Black People - Americas, Africa, Caribbean Culture Discussion

I was having a conversation with a brother here in the park and he was talking about how all of this is bothering him. I simply ask him my favorite question.

“Bro, what’s more important to you? Being black or being a Christian?”

And of course he said “being a Christian”

My religious black friends who are either Muslim or Christian, you don’t have to write anything here but seriously ask yourself if being black is secondary to you than a religion that originally belongs to other people and giving your life to it is more important than the color of your skin. How do you expect other people to respect you as black when you don’t love it as much as being something else.
This is crazy to me. I personally read both the Bible & the Qur'an even though I identify as Agnostic. Would love to see black people put their religion in their back pocket for a moment and come together. Imagine what it would look like for the Hebrew Israelites & the Nation of Islam to march down a street side by side , black brothers & sisters.

Im saying tho. They gave him the script, filmed it, showed it and then fired him? Did he show too much fervor or something?

He was sticking to the script however, they didn't expect his message to be the highlight of the entire show. Nobody gave a damn about the other characters.

I don't understand. Was he going off the cuff? He wasn't reading a script?
He was doing what he was asked, but when things get too real for white ppl in regards to race they dismiss it. That's why we're here today.

Man wasn't a slaved get whipped saying "place massa, forgive me." He was verbally kicking their *** in a non disrespect & intelligible way, & they couldn't handle it, so he got the boot.

Did my ancestry.
Im about 35% African y’all.
EDEA94E1-346A-4B42-A44A-DECC8A0C52DC.jpeg

hey bros, black dude from VA here. i've never been too close to my blackness until a few years ago (not self-hating, just never really had any real pride in it) but now i'm becoming increasingly pro-black/african. I'm trying to read black literature right now

Yeah but same time who am I to question the happiness of slaves no matter how and when it came, nawmean?

Definitely, I forgot to the add that the "maybe wrong and might come around" resonated very well with me because im not entirely sure that it isnt something to celebrate.

A third tangentially related point being that neither of us are of American descent. The weight of our particular thoughts on the subject is quite minimal.
Basically "let them do them."

Although, we can relate almost completely. In this instance, this event isn't our collective history.

Did my ancestry.
Im about 35% African y’all.
EDEA94E1-346A-4B42-A44A-DECC8A0C52DC.jpeg

Welcome brother, I love when we do our DNA test. I’m 81% African and 19% European.

I personally (and others might say I’m wrong) but I always count Northern African as like being apart of Arab or Middle East people wise.

Like if I meet the average guy from Egypt or Algeria I consider then more Arab than African.

Geographically they are African, but culturally they are Arab. I’m sure most North Africans originates from the Arabian peninsula. So I don’t usually count Northern Africa as “black”

Yeah but same time who am I to question the happiness of slaves no matter how and when it came, nawmean?
That’s kinda silly to claim African-Americans shouldn’t celebrate the day they became “free people” right? In Jamaica we have Emancipation Day and I love it because it’s celebrating our history. I love Juneteenth and it’s beyond cynical (probably more embarrassing) to frown upon a holiday meant to instill black pride in people.

Geographically they are African, but culturally they are Arab. I’m sure most North Africans originates from the Arabian peninsula. So I don’t usually count Northern Africa as “black”
I've said this before, but don't go around calling Algerians and Lybians Arabs. They Tuaregs and Berbers. Not black, but definitely not from the Arabian peninsula.

Or maybe you're just trying to start fights.

Back
Top Bottom