African Descendants ✊🏿 Black People - Americas, Africa, Caribbean Culture Discussion

"When you build your life around a non black woman I don’t respect you as a black man" has gotta be the most headass statement I've read on here in a good while.

Personally, I feel like if you’re conscious about about black people and recognize the difficulties black women have out their in finding a partner, you should be checking for them first. But in the course of life if you happen to genuinely fall for someone outSide of your race that doesn’t invalidate your value and existence as a black person to me. The person someone marries can’t always be the bar for someone’s greatest or worst accomplishment. Plenty of people out there with black wives and black kids that ain’t sh*t.

the issue comes with fetishization and putting down black people in favor of another race.

but that’s just me.

"When you build your life around a non black woman I don’t respect you as a black man" has gotta be the most headass statement I've read on here in a good while.
"I don't respect him as a black man" is extreme, I agree.

But on the flip side, I do agree with the idea that the black family structure has been under attack for decades and marrying a black women is a personal statement against that attack. Yes, the children will still be considered black, as others have said, but I understand where Umar comes from with his convos on Black Love/Unions.

Yo layzigunts say it "louder so the hypocrites in the back of the room can hear it!!"
20190214_164954.jpg

and who are you again and why are you recycling a 5 yo photo with me out at Brazil partying?

We having serious discussions and this is his lame attempt at trying to deflect

"I don't respect him as a black man" is extreme, I agree.

But on the flip side, I do agree with the idea that the black family structure has been under attack for decades and marrying a black women is a personal statement against that attack. Yes, the children will still be considered black, as others have said, but I understand where Umar comes from with his convos on Black Love/Unions.

You can be a good man and marry whomever you want, but if you want to be a strong BLACK man, you gotta build your life with a black woman. Simple

How you wanna be about your people, but yet building with a white, asain, or arab woman?

This is a African/Black thread and dudes want to say the race of the woman you build your life with and have children with are not important? lol oh man.

Personally, I feel like if you’re conscious about about black people and recognize the difficulties black women have out their in finding a partner, you should be checking for them first. But in the course of life if you happen to genuinely fall for someone outSide of your race that doesn’t invalidate your value and existence as a black person to me. The person someone marries can’t always be the bar for someone’s greatest or worst accomplishment. Plenty of people out there with black wives and black kids that ain’t sh*t.

the issue comes with fetishization and putting down black people in favor of another race.

but that’s just me.

Thank you.

Statistics show Black woman marry black men at a higher rate (92%) than black men marrying black women (84%)

A black woman is more educated than us, more of them are out there due to mass incarceration. A good black woman have a hard time finding a black man of her equal, but yet yall want to debate that marrying and building your life with a black woman is NOT important?

You people really need to start understanding this world.

Obama himself is a product of a black man and white woman. But if he heard your rhetoric he would think you think he's weak.

You can be a good man and marry whomever you want, but if you want to be a strong BLACK man, you gotta build your life with a black woman. Simple

How you wanna be about your people, but yet building with a white, asain, or arab woman?

This is a African/Black thread and dudes want to say the race of the woman you build your life with and have children with are not important? lol oh man.

I mean, you CAN be a STRONG black man while being married to a white woman, it doesn't have to be THAT black/white.

But I agree with everything else you said.

The person you marry is one of the most important decisions you will EVER make and to say, "I am standing with/by MY people" does say a LOT.

I feel it is very important, but others feel, "You can't help who you love", which is true to a degree but I personally would keep it Black. Not bashing anyone that doesn't.

Obama himself is a product of a black man and white woman. But if he heard your rhetoric he would think you think he's weak.

dude speak for yourself man, dont tell me how you think Obama would think of me.

I made a statement about black man should marry black women and the frailty of yall blackness is attacking me.

Jesus Christ lol.

Listen, I know plenty of brothers who are into non black women or is married to non black women. I got no problem with that, you love who you want to love and live the life you want to live. Dont let me stop you, HOWEVER you cant be talking about you Pro-Black and down for the cause when you CHOOSE TO NOT be with a black woman.

Please read what I said and let it sink in, and stop responding to me without reading it first. Its too early for yall coming at me with nonsense.

I made a statement about black man should marry black women and the frailty of yall blackness is attacking me.

Jesus Christ lol.

I hear you fam. I'm of Jamaica descendant (mother and father) and I'm marrying my girl from Cameroon. I've been on the hunt for a quality BW since high school.

Jesus Christ lol.

Listen, I know plenty of brothers who are into non black women or is married to non black women. I got no problem with that, you love who you want to love and live the life you want to live. Dont let me stop you, HOWEVER you cant be talking about you Pro-Black and down for the cause when you CHOOSE TO NOT be with a black woman.

Please read what I said and let it sink in, and stop responding to me without reading it first. Its too early for yall coming at me with nonsense.

It is a hard concept to unpack because people feel like their personal decisions are being attacked.

Logically, what you are saying has validity, but we know talking about relationships is hardly related to LOGIC.

It is a hard concept to unpack because people feel like their personal decisions are being attacked.

Logically, what you are saying has validity, but we know talking about relationships is hardly related to LOGIC.

bro, I get it trust me.

We have choices of who we choose to put a ring on and say I want to build a life with you right?

I can be attracted to all types of women, like I think marikomorose marikomorose ask me in the wrestling thread if I would go after I forgot who it was and she was white. I said "she is attractive, but I will only marry and pursue a black woman"

Who you MARRY and who you CHOOSE to put a ring on is a political statement too. Simple

MARRAIGE is a HUGE part of a mans life and who you CHOOSE TO MARRY has ramifications HEAVY. If youre going to say race isnt important when making a big *** commitment like MARRAIGE. Im not talking who you can be attracted to or in my case I went to Brazil and parties with non black women 5 years ago (lol), as if thats important like MARRYING a woman.

Come on brothers lets be serious in here and understand where Im coming from.

I hear you fam. I'm of Jamaica descendant (mother and father) and I'm marrying my girl from Cameroon. I've been on the hunt for a quality BW since high school.

Love it, I want to marry a Jamaican black woman, but ill settle for any black woman at this point. lol

I have questions for those knowledgeable about ADOS.

Who coined the term ADOS? Who and what are the origins of this movement?

Why are so-called black people in South America and Caribbean excluded from ADOS when they endured slavery just like so-called black people in North America?

I know I have an unpopular opinion on this movement, but to me, it seems like a divisionary tactic to divide so-called black people worldwide. The fact that this "movement" came from nowhere makes me raise an eyebrow...

From a legal stand point they are trying to be specific about the claim for people here stateside. People in other countries have claims elsewhere. I wish they would highlight this fact more instead of engaging in separating blacks.

Supposedly Yvette Carnell and Antonio Moore are the founders
Checked out Tone Talks and Breaking Brown on YouTube.

this is what I know.

ADOS stands for "American Descendants of Slaves" meaning black people in USA whose ancestors were enslaved. No Africans, no Caribbeans, ONLY UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

I think it was born out of discussions about reparations, which is something I support even though I'm not ADOS, Im "JDOS" since my enslaved ancestors are from Jamaica. If black Americans get reparations and I get 0 of it, I am fine with it because technically my ancestors built Jamaica and not America.

I respected the initial movement, but then it morphed into "ADOS vs all other black people" and I just stayed away from it all together.

A specific justice claim to right a wronged party. It's just that black legal status in America was not considered a person so unable to participate in contracts or be owed anything. Ados is like Identifying your self as a participant in a class action lawsuit. If you don't identify as a class participant, you aren't owed anything from the case.

From a legal stand point they are trying to be specific about the claim for people here stateside. People in other countries have claims elsewhere. I wish they would highlight this fact more instead of engaging in separating blacks.

Supposedly Yvette Carnell and Antonio Moore are the founders
Checked out Tone Talks and Breaking Brown on YouTube.

So the actual founders of ADOS are still uncertain... if those two are the founders I already know what's up and who's REALLY behind this movement...

A specific justice claim to right a wronged party. It's just that black legal status in America was not considered a person so unable to participate in contracts or be owed anything. Ados is like Identifying your self as a participant in a class action lawsuit. If you don't identify as a class participant, you aren't owed anything from the case.

So the movement is linked to reparations, no?

this is what I know.

ADOS stands for "American Descendants of Slaves" meaning black people in USA whose ancestors were enslaved. No Africans, no Caribbeans, ONLY UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

I think it was born out of discussions about reparations, which is something I support even though I'm not ADOS, Im "JDOS" since my enslaved ancestors are from Jamaica. If black Americans get reparations and I get 0 of it, I am fine with it because technically my ancestors built Jamaica and not America.

I respected the initial movement, but then it morphed into "ADOS vs all other black people" and I just stayed away from it all together.

Your claiming "JDOS" is a prime example of why this "movement" is a divisionary tactic to separate us when we should be uniting. We're all the same people regardless of our language or location. Our ancestors built everything in the Americas and the Caribbean. If reparations are up for discussion it should be for so-called black people who built the nations in the Americas and Caribbean, not just the USA.

Quick question for layziegunts layziegunts ; is it possible for a strong black man to marry a black woman and decide not to have children? Would it make a difference if the wife in question is black or not?

Just trying to figure out your strong black man equation.

Meh - Marry who you want, love who you want, be with who you want.

Who are we to judge?

As long as we can take everything that comes with our decisions, then cool.

People just people.

Race based on skin color is a lie.

Always has been, always will be.

Which came first - slavery or race?

Throughout human history, societies have enslaved others due to conquest, war or debt, but not based on physical difference. The word "slave" in fact comes from "Slav": prisoners of Slavonic tribes captured by Germans and sold to Arabs during the Middle Ages. Prior to the Enlightenment, slavery was simply a fact of life, unquestioned. Race, on the other hand, is a much more recent idea, tied up with the founding of the U.S.

In colonial America, our early economy was based largely on slavery. When the new concept of freedom was introduced during the American Revolution, it created a moral contradiction: how could a nation that proclaimed equality and the natural rights of man hold slaves? The idea of race helped resolve the contradiction by setting Africans apart. The notion of natural Black inferiority helped our founding fathers justify denying slaves the rights and entitlements that others took for granted.

Later, as the abolitionist movement gained popularity and attacks on slavery grew, so did arguments in its defense. Slavery was no longer explained as a necessary evil, but justified as a positive good. The rationale for slavery was so strong that after emancipation, ideas of innate inferiority and superiority not only persisted but were intensified.

Back
Top Bottom