After seeing this, I wondered how many Atheists celebrate Christmas and why?

a lot of people don't even view christmas as a strictly christian holiday anymore.  families see it more as a traditional family thing.  i know people who are atheists and hindus who celebrate it.  a tree with decorations and gift exchanges are things that appeal to many people.

atheists are starting to become as annoying as religious people are.  for people who don't believe in a religion they sure like to advertise their views and beliefs and make it known to others.

aren't both those billboards wrong anyway?

- jesus was an actual person and did exist.  he's been documented in historical texts.

- he was born in the spring, but his birthday was moved to december because it coincided with a polytheistic/pagan holiday.

a lot of people don't even view christmas as a strictly christian holiday anymore.  families see it more as a traditional family thing.  i know people who are atheists and hindus who celebrate it.  a tree with decorations and gift exchanges are things that appeal to many people.

atheists are starting to become as annoying as religious people are.  for people who don't believe in a religion they sure like to advertise their views and beliefs and make it known to others.

aren't both those billboards wrong anyway?

- jesus was an actual person and did exist.  he's been documented in historical texts.

- he was born in the spring, but his birthday was moved to december because it coincided with a polytheistic/pagan holiday.

I know it's not Jesus' birthday, and am also aware it is a pagan holiday. I was wondering if someone who is an Atheist and happens to be on NT could let me in on if they celebrate Christmas and why, if or if not.

I personally don't celebrate Christmas. I understand the origin of the holiday is pagan, as are most holidays, but I wonder why so many people still celebrate it even if they know the origin and don't believe in it. Is it tradition? Family?

Maybe if there are some people with Atheistic beliefs here, they can shed some light on their personal belief.

Thanks

I'm sick of atheists always ready to voice off over every spiritual thing and try to undermine the religious importance therein

I'm sick of atheists always ready to voice off over every spiritual thing and try to undermine the religious importance therein

I know it's not Jesus' birthday, and am also aware it is a pagan holiday. I was wondering if someone who is an Atheist and happens to be on NT could let me in on if they celebrate Christmas and why, if or if not.

I personally don't celebrate Christmas. I understand the origin of the holiday is pagan, as are most holidays, but I wonder why so many people still celebrate it even if they know the origin and don't believe in it. Is it tradition? Family?

Maybe if there are some people with Atheistic beliefs here, they can shed some light on their personal belief.

Thanks

It's thanksgiving day part 2. Big meal, spend time with family, only with gifts.

That's what it is to me.

It's thanksgiving day part 2. Big meal, spend time with family, only with gifts.

That's what it is to me.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Christmas isn't a religious holiday 

Not just atheists/agnostics like myself.....I know muslims, jews, hindus etc that celebrate xmas.

the billboard is kinda od
roll.gif

Christmas isn't a religious holiday 

Not just atheists/agnostics like myself.....I know muslims, jews, hindus etc that celebrate xmas.

the billboard is kinda od
roll.gif

That's what it is to me.

Exactly what I came in here to post. Christmas is as religious as Thanksgiving.

That's what it is to me.

Exactly what I came in here to post. Christmas is as religious as Thanksgiving.

I guess the way i see it is that people will have the belief they have, if someone feels it important enough to share their views with someone, I am ok with that. I don't necessarily agree that posting a billboard shows a personal interest in someone and feel as though religious of lifestyle views are somewhat of a personal thing and if YOU (being the person wanting to share their view) want to talk to someone about your beliefs they should be done on a one on one basis.

but I find no fault in talking to people about your views, I do however find fault in if the person doesn't want to hear them you continue trying to MAKE them believe.

I guess the way i see it is that people will have the belief they have, if someone feels it important enough to share their views with someone, I am ok with that. I don't necessarily agree that posting a billboard shows a personal interest in someone and feel as though religious of lifestyle views are somewhat of a personal thing and if YOU (being the person wanting to share their view) want to talk to someone about your beliefs they should be done on a one on one basis.

but I find no fault in talking to people about your views, I do however find fault in if the person doesn't want to hear them you continue trying to MAKE them believe.

Back
Top Bottom