After thinking about it, BBQ'd Fall-off-the-Bone Ribs are my #1 seed for grilled/smoked food...

Fat Matt's in Atlanta: 
nthat.gif
best ribs ever

No Hank Hill here, but depends on whether you're using Charcoal, "Sweet Lady Propane", and the type of wood chips and whether they're soaked in water or Jack Daniels.

where did you learn these little tricks and how can a novice get started on proper grilling techniques

If the ribs fall off the bone to me that's over coooked. I ain't about that soggy life lol. If I pick up the rack with tongs and it tears holding it out it's perfect.

Fall off the bone means its over cooked....still good....but overcooked.

Your supposed to get a clean crisp bite.

Last edited:
Looks like the closest thing I'll be getting to some 'good ribs' are ribs from Ruby Tuesday's. lol

So I don't have any space for a smoker (apt) and I don't feel comfortable grilling on the community grill...So does anyone have any suggestions on how to make ribs in a crock pot or like what one NTer said a dutch oven? 

I was considering buying one of the pre-seasoned ribs from costco to give it a try...

So I don't have any space for a smoker (apt) and I don't feel comfortable grilling on the community grill...So does anyone have any suggestions on how to make ribs in a crock pot or like what one NTer said a dutch oven? 

I was considering buying one of the pre-seasoned ribs from costco to give it a try...

When I was in my condo and didn't have access to an outdoor grill, my go-to move for ribs were;

1) boil for 20 min in water and vinegar
2) wrap in foil, put on a tray and put water underneath in oven for 45 min (350-375)
3) open and put sweet baby ray's on bottom for 20 min (300 degrees)
4) flip and repeat on other side for another 20 min
5) enjoy!

Never understood this meme.

Do you boil ribs before you cook them?

I've never seen that before.

Different cooks have different methods to get the meat to soak up the seasoning and get tender before finishing up with the broiler or grill. More popular is the crock pot or sous vide. Got a sous vide device, gotta try it.
I still have that problem sometimes . Sometimes I get it and sometimes I gotta put a lil salt on it afterwards. Can't stand when it happens

Mustard giving ribs flavor is a big misconception.

All it is, is a binder to hold your rub.

Myself? I don't boil my ribs.

Some people boil their ribs to get them tender more quickly than just throwing them straight on the grill. Some people consider that cheating, hence the meme. I don't have a problem with either method as long as the ribs taste good.

Different cooks have different methods to get the meat to soak up the seasoning and get tender before finishing up with the broiler or grill. More popular is the crock pot or sous vide. Got a sous vide device, gotta try it.

Thanks for the great idea here, I'm going to try to "boil" (sous vide) some pork ribs this weekend or something. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom