AHH THAT TIME OF THE YEAR AGAIN...

Summer time means hoop time for me and by far, one of the better basketball leagues I've been involved in has been
superstarbasketball.org

trust, i've played in a number of leagues like the infamous pacrim for 6 years, ABA, chruch rec leagues in glendale, san gabriel, san fernando valley, eagle rock...etc

superstarbasketball.org is wrapping up their 4th season but sign ups and open enrollment will begin soon. here's what SSBL has that the other leagues dont...

a dope website thats always updated with sortable player stats...
-we have about 400 players and their stats are updated weekly
recaps and reviews on match ups between teams
two different divisions (gold and platinum)
pictures of rosters so that "ringers" aren't allowed
a DJ playin live music at every game
high level of competition (so if you don't like to be challenged, go elsewhere! haha)
for champions they get a ring and a shirt personalized with their team name
oh yeah and we don't segregate - this isn't just for asians, its an OPEN league

got anymore questions? the site will sell you itself...or just ask

SUPERSTARBASKETBALL.ORG

SUPERSTARBASKETBALL.ORG

ps: we also are proud to pronounce the launch of the first women's league as well so SPREAD THE WORD

thanks...

how do you know what leagues for you? If I'm just starting out don't wanna get killed every game cuz we juss a buncha rookies? Do we have to provide our own stat man? They really do keep all those stats? How many games in a season? Do we get to choose what day to play since I got some homies who work weekdays

aiyo technodrome...you might wanna check out pacrimsports.com
those leagues have different sections based on skill set.
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, Wake up, Mr West!​

gold division is usually a recreational league for friends and such. don't get me wrong, its pretty competitive but not as skilled as it is in the platinum division. you could come out and check the level of play. its sundays at the walnut rec center in walnut from 9am to 5pm. there are two courts...

that stats we keep are:
STEALS
BLOCKS
REBOUNDS
THREE POINTERS
FTS

week by week, we keep track of who is leading the league in each respective division so at the end of the season they get recognized as well.

there are 8 games in the regular season. post season aka playoffs is a four tier system- 1st round, semis, conference finals, and finals. we also have an MVP game, dunk contest, and a three point contest with a cash prize...

the games are held on Sundays...

check out the website...thanks

editted.

Quote:
aiyo technodrome...you might wanna check out pacrimsports.com
those leagues have different sections based on skill set.
If BMW's the Ultimate Driving Machine, it's no wonder Lexus is in the Pursuit of Perfection​

I've tried pacrimsports in the past, but dunno how to sign up? I e-mailed them years back and they were rude, any input on how I join that league? And I'm talking bout paying too

Is the Gold Division straight open league or any height restrictions? Me and my boys are mostly asian and none of us top out much more than 6' @#%$ and I'd prefer not to get jammed on by 6'6-6'8 dudes all game long. After a fiasco with ABA we been looking for a new league to run in. Eff ABA, what a terrible joke of a league.
UFC 60 Gracie v. Hughes​
Quote:
HAHAHAHA for all those who think that Gracie is gonna win, care to do a Sig bet (i know its lame, but i guess we cant really bet in person) Loser must keep a SIG made by the winner for a month. Anyone game?
NTer tinkerhatfield: aite im game...but youre like 4 sizes too small for me....i have some sz 12 retro ix's i'll definitely put up tho..

Quote:
Is the Gold Division straight open league or any height restrictions? Me and my boys are mostly asian and none of us top out much more than 6' and I'd prefer not to get jammed on by 6'6-6'8 dudes all game long. After a fiasco with ABA we been looking for a new league to run in. Eff ABA, what a terrible joke of a league.
If BMW's the Ultimate Driving Machine, it's no wonder Lexus is in the Pursuit of Perfection​

It was a few years back when ABA was still running out at Fullerton CC. We fielded a team for 2 years, not sure why we came back for the 2nd year but we were just hard pressed to play some organized ball i guess. I'd say our skill level is like equivalent to an average rec league team. Nothing crazy. Not that you care but here was my gripes with the ABA

1st season we played they had us play an exhibition/review type game to see what division to place us in. We ran the floor with the guys they had us play but they still put us in 3rd tier which was kind of a slap in the face (I mean we aren't great ballers by any means but cmon hahahaha). Ran roughshod through that division no problem.

2nd season as a returning squad they put us in the 2nd tier division. Comp wise we help our own until one of our guys got double T'd and ejected for goin off on the ref. Rest of the season was a wrap as we were blackballed by all the other refs.

Honestly and humbly speaking, if the team that won back to back championship in the top ABA division is having a hard time competing with Platinum, we for sure have zero chance in Platinum. Hopefully we wont get run if we were to play Gold. Our problem is we have some shooters but we just get outsized and killed on O boards and putbacks by bigger teams.

Where do you guys run your games at? One of my biggest issues with ABA was when they were running 3 games in the same gym at FCC running on the side to side courts that dont have clearly defined lines, or even a 3 point line, since my team lives and dies by the 3. If Im paying good money to play in the league and pay the ref fees, the least we expect is a decent court and ample time to run on. In the ABA they actually shut our game down early cause we were leading by so much and they only had the gym til a certain time. Thats the leagues fault if they cant schedule and book accordingly, the paying teams shouldnt have to suffer for their mistakes.
UFC 60 Gracie v. Hughes​
Quote:
HAHAHAHA for all those who think that Gracie is gonna win, care to do a Sig bet (i know its lame, but i guess we cant really bet in person) Loser must keep a SIG made by the winner for a month. Anyone game?
NTer tinkerhatfield: aite im game...but youre like 4 sizes too small for me....i have some sz 12 retro ix's i'll definitely put up tho..

haha, i feel you with the bad officiating because that's on all levels of play from rec ball to NBA (sans tim duncan) but we do a pretty good job on ensuring a fair style of play. if there is any discreprency, we (the staff) are there the whole day to attend to the players' needs. we don't hesitate at holding a meeting right there and then to discuss with the head officials to make sure everything is ran as smooth as possible.

as far as scheduling goes we give the team that pays the earliest the most priority. we have tentative schedules posted by Monday/Tuesday for teams to compromise to a set time because we all know everyone has personal lives and besides, YOU paid to play so to accommodate you and your team is of utmost importance.

we play at walnut rec center in walnut and we also have a private gym that's exclusive to a local minor team...

in regards to time, we adopted the 4 ten minute quarters and we have the gym from 9am to 630pm so you won't get ran off the court as we have ample time as the last game is always 5pm. we follow the CIF high school rules and the full rules/regulation sheet is linked here- superstarbasketball.org/2...rules.html

damn walnut is a long way from W. LA but maybe I will try to swing by. If its a solid league where we arent gonna get run week in and week out, I may be able to convince my boys to play (they are mostly in the Huntington Beach area). Good lookin out.
UFC 60 Gracie v. Hughes​
Quote:

Just a heads up... Superstar Basketball will be having holding its Finals and All-Star festivities at Walnut High School this weekend.

If you want to experience what Superstar Basketball is all about come check it out.

All pertinent information is on the website.

www.superstarbasketball.org
TeamLakers​
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!​

Back
Top Bottom