Ahmadinejad sayin' what most NTers think...

Words are words.  I could say the world would be a better place if we nuked the entire Middle East but that doesn't make it true.  Show me factual evidence that the U.S. orchestrated 9/11 and I'll believe you.  Anyway, I can legitimately say there are at least two people the world would be better off without: one of them is Ahmadinejad, the other is Mario Lavandeira.  

Originally Posted by heartofthacity

@@!%@*$ idiot said the Holocaust didn't happen...
I don't get why anyone would take what he says with even a grain of salt

Sadly, the Israeli government denies the Armenian Genocide. Not that that's an excuse for Ahmadenejad's comments

Considering I could see/smell the towers burning and smoldering, I'd gladly engage the chap in a friendly convo, until his ability to breathe was compromised by a foot to the throat.

Can someone clarify the Ahmedinajed being misquoted about Israel issue? All I hear over here is "He wants to wipe Israel off the face of the earth". So does every other leader in the Middle-East but they dont come out saying it in public. I have a hard time believing he said that in public. Dude even went to lecture at Columbia University but no one there was open-minded enough to listen to what he had to say.

Also, Ahmedinajed has no problem with Jews at all. In fact, Jews live in Iran without persecution and they are actually represented in the Iranian government. His problem is with the Israeli government's oppressive policies towards the Palestinian people. Of course in this day and age, any criticism of the Israeli government (not of Jews, but of the government's policies) is automatically labeled to be anti-semetic.

BTW, Ahmedinajed is 10x smarter than most of the people in the West who criticize him. He has a PHd in Engineering and was a Professor before he became a politician. He's smarter than Bush at least.

What he said ^^^. The movie Zeitgeist will make you question the truth. Maybe not about religion but definitely about 9/11. On the other hand doesnt every Middle East leader want to get rid of Israel? Their arguably the 2nd most powerful nation so no **@% he would say that 

The funny thing is, most people criticize Ahmadinejad because of the human rights violations in Iran. The real reason Ahmadinejad is criticized is because he and his country have a history of opposing U.S. foreign policy.

You guys really think the U.S. government gives a $@!* about human rights?

The same government that supports notorious violators of human rights (U.S. government has good relations with Libya, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Arab Gulf).

The same government that supports Israel despite Israel being a notorious violator of Palestinian human rights.

The same government that detains people in Guantanomo Bay without charge, without the ability to see a lawyer, without any set legal jurisdiction, and on top of that, tortures them to get information.

The same government that deports 'terrorism suspects' to the Middle-East, even to countries the U.S. has bad relations with (such as Syria), knowing full well that these suspects will get tortured in Middle-East prisons.

Open your eyes Americans. Get your news from non-American sources. You're being brainwashed just as much as the people living in so-called 3rd world countries.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

The funny thing is, most people criticize Ahmadinejad because of the human rights violations in Iran. The real reason Ahmadinejad is criticized is because he and his country have a history of opposing U.S. foreign policy.

You guys really think the U.S. government gives a $$+% about human rights?

The same government that supports notorious violators of human rights (U.S. government has good relations with Libya, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Arab Gulf).

The same government that supports Israel despite Israel being a notorious violator of Palestinian human rights.

The same government that detains people in Guantanomo Bay without charge, without the ability to see a lawyer, without any set legal jurisdiction, and on top of that, tortures them to get information.

Open your eyes Americans. Get your news from non-American sources. You're being brainwashed just as much as the people living in so-called 3rd world countries.
oh please
I watched the "lecture" at Columbia Live when it happened
The translator made it clear what he said..
He was spewing hatred towards gays and disrespected Jews by saying the Holocaust never occurred.
That was him saying his beliefs and me hearing them. No "American news bias"
And of course the U.S. is far from perfect, but this Ahmadinejad guy is like..

oh please
He was spewing hatred towards gays and disrespected Jews by saying the Holocaust never occurred.
Denied the Holocaust? Are you that naive? He questioned the figures of the Holocaust (the 6 million # is highly disputed). He also questioned why out of the 60 million people or so who were killed during WW2, how come we only focus on the Jewish casualties when there were millions of people of other faiths who lost their lives as well?

Hatred towards gays? How ironic that he spewed hate towards gays during a lecture in a country which has little tolerance for gays and was previously governed for 8 years by a Republican party that doesnt respect gays. Face it, gays are hardly respected in 98% of the world. You are nitpicking by criticizing the man simply because he is opposed to homosexuality.

pimp.gif

You do have some good points
but he reflects his religion in his political beliefs (in reference to the homosexuality).
Do you get 100+ lashes, fines, and the possibility of execution for being gay in the US?..

oh please
Denied the Holocaust? Are you that naive? He questioned the figures of the Holocaust (the 6 million # is highly disputed). He also questioned why out of the 60 million people or so who were killed during WW2, how come we only focus on the Jewish casualties when there were millions of people of other faiths who lost their lives as well?

Hatred towards gays? How ironic that he spewed hate towards gays during a lecture in a country which has little tolerance for gays and was previously governed for 8 years by a Republican party that doesnt respect gays. Face it, gays are hardly respected in 98% of the world. You are nitpicking by criticizing the man simply because he is opposed to homosexuality.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Totally agree.. In America, damn near everyone doesn't like gay people. As soon as some foreign leader says something similar, everyone is up in arms. Give me a break.[/color]
laugh.gif

You do have some good points
but he reflects his religion in his political beliefs (in reference to the homosexuality).
Do you get 100+ lashes, fines, and the possibility of execution for being gay in the US?..
You see though, Iran is not the only country that punishes homosexuals. The U.S. government has EXCELLENT relations with other countries in the Middle East that combine religion with politics and persecute gays. However, since these governments are not critical of U.S. foreign policy, the U.S. turns a blind eye to their human rights violations. Iran is extremely critical of U.S. foreign policy and so the U.S. government and media go all-out to vilify Ahmadinajed. "He hates gays...he hates Jews...he hates Israel...he violates human rights". The man's views are no different from every single leader in the Middle-East. The only difference is he's not afraid to speak out against the U.S. government where as the other leaders are cowards and shut their mouths in order to get U.S. government support that allows them to maintain their strangle hold of undemocratic power within their countries.

Why did the U.S. attack Saddam Hussein but supports Muammar Qaddhafi (a man that has actually killed U.S. citizens)? Hussein was unwilling to give into U.S. will where as Qaddhafi has become a U.S. puppet and has now been in power for 40-years.

It's simple. Support the U.S. and you'll be safe. Criticize the U.S. and they'll try to destroy you.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Sadly, the Israeli government denies the Armenian Genocide. Not that that's an excuse for Ahmadenejad's comments
The Japanese gov't denies Nanking...

He never said that. He actually acknowledges the genocide. What he sees is the problem is that he thinks the Holocaust was used as a pretext or measure by Zionists to create Israel and that the Palestinians had to pay the price for it.

i got a feeling that this dude gets misquoted. He's prolly spitting real talk and america wants to shut this dude up

After further research, I kind of see where dude is coming from.
SMH at not being able to trust translators

i feel what dude was saying, i was serving in the marines during that time in okinawa japan ...98-02, ...lets just say we were sitting on our behind for a few months before anything happen
eyes.gif

After further research, I kind of see where dude is coming from.
SMH at not being able to trust translators
The "wipe Israel off the map" quote was actually a misquote by the Iranian translation services. Upon analyzing his speech, many American and Iranian academics living abroad pointed out that Ahmedinajed was misquoted.

He's been pretty clear on his holocaust stance. He's never denied it. Ofcourse, all you hear in the west is "he's holocaust denier".

What happened when he went to Columbia? Rather than giving him a chance, the Columbia president lashed out at him and Ahmedinajed was booed and jeered the entire time.

Back
Top Bottom