Air Alert III

There's nothing wrong with Air Alert. As long as your landing properly and strengthening your quads and hams.

Originally Posted by TylerTrent

Originally Posted by Zyzz

from a couple of magazine reads, seems like Jump rope, deadlift, squat, and box jumps are the key workouts
anyone have any idea of how many sets/reps should be done?
my coach has us squat and power cleans 2 times a week 3 sets of 8 , since my freshman year and i see no results 
ohwell.gif
how much are you squating? if your doing light weight after all these years then of course its not gonna do anything

i max out on squats at 315, but i try to keep my workout weight around 245-270 range
i was also told to only squat to about a 90 Degree angle because if you go to low then it'd be working out the wrong muscle, can anyone confirm this?
90 degree angle? you mean between your calves and hams? Thats nowhere near low enough. You should be goin down to where the top of your legs, your quads, are at least parallel with the floor if not a lil lower

Originally Posted by Zyzz

from a couple of magazine reads, seems like Jump rope, deadlift, squat, and box jumps are the key workouts
anyone have any idea of how many sets/reps should be done?
my coach has us squat and power cleans 2 times a week 3 sets of 8 , since my freshman year and i see no results 
ohwell.gif
how much are you squating? if your doing light weight after all these years then of course its not gonna do anything

i max out on squats at 315, but i try to keep my workout weight around 245-270 range
i was also told to only squat to about a 90 Degree angle because if you go to low then it'd be working out the wrong muscle, can anyone confirm this?
90 degree angle? you mean between your calves and hams? Thats nowhere near low enough. You should be goin down to where the top of your legs, your quads, are at least parallel with the floor if not a lil lower

I researched that vertical mastery and it is $67, which isn't too bad. I'm only 5'8 but I've always been able to jump high, like easily grabbing the rim w/ both hands, but I could never dunk cleanly. I'm a lil older and a lil heavier, but I'm still in good shape and I can still ball. I really want to get a lethal vertical to the point that I'm dunking with ease.

I researched that vertical mastery and it is $67, which isn't too bad. I'm only 5'8 but I've always been able to jump high, like easily grabbing the rim w/ both hands, but I could never dunk cleanly. I'm a lil older and a lil heavier, but I'm still in good shape and I can still ball. I really want to get a lethal vertical to the point that I'm dunking with ease.

Did AA for about a week and a half during 9th grade. Got bored and just hooped everyday the rest of the summer
laugh.gif

Did AA for about a week and a half during 9th grade. Got bored and just hooped everyday the rest of the summer
laugh.gif

it definitely improved my first step and made me jump a lot quicker and gave me only 2-3 inches on my vertical

it definitely improved my first step and made me jump a lot quicker and gave me only 2-3 inches on my vertical

It has probably given me a bout 5 inches, and I only reached half-way. I'd be dunking like Nick Young right now had I finished the program.

It has probably given me a bout 5 inches, and I only reached half-way. I'd be dunking like Nick Young right now had I finished the program.

RIP to your knees if you use AA. I had a few friends do it in high school and they're all still messed up 6+ years later.

I think the Vertical Jump Bible is the best program available. Plus I have a copy of it for sale if anyone's interested.... haha.

RIP to your knees if you use AA. I had a few friends do it in high school and they're all still messed up 6+ years later.

I think the Vertical Jump Bible is the best program available. Plus I have a copy of it for sale if anyone's interested.... haha.

Back
Top Bottom