air force 1s is it underated

i think they suck. worst shoe ever. don't ever buy them, especially the older ones - they might fall apart.

Definitely. And, if you bought them like 15 - 20 years ago, in a size 8.5 - 10, you should probably just PM me right away. I run a sort of needle exchange program for those monstrosities. I'll come by, you can dump them in my car, and I'll give you some orange juice and some pink shoe laces so you can make any pair of anything you own, a "South Beach" version.

Not sure whether underrated or not, but I just got my first pair a couple of months ago and I really like them.  Took a few days to break in, but now they are VERY comfortable.  The thing that I like about them is that they are very basic sneaker, in terms of form.  This lends itself to a great deal of possibilities with regard to the different materials/patterns/prints that can be used when designing a new model (as we have seen).  Lately, I just have been liking sneakers that are essentially very simple in form, but who's 'personality' is decided by the materials and patterns that are utilized to adorn the form.

It is like an artists canvass- basically just a big rectangle, but it's cool to see what someone can do inside of that otherwise basic square.

Of course the argument could be made for other shoes too, but I think the AF-1 is a great example.  Thanks!

Last edited:
Definitely. And, if you bought them like 15 - 20 years ago, in a size 8.5 - 10, you should probably just PM me right away. I run a sort of needle exchange program for those monstrosities. I'll come by, you can dump them in my car, and I'll give you some orange juice and some pink shoe laces so you can make any pair of anything you own, a "South Beach" version.
Agreed.  Any AF-1 that old are in fact extraordinarily dangerous and should be disposed of, directly to me, with much care and great haste!

AF1s are a classic shoe.. You can't go wrong with a fresh pair of all white lows. I haven't wore or owned a pair in years, but I see people pull a pair out the cut every now & then. Those DB AF1 lows looked good last year.

Just copped a pair. Hadn't had a pair since 06, the new duckboot seems to be very clean an versatile

I'VE BOUGHT ABOUT 25 PAIRS OF ALL WHITES LO MID HI...

ANOTHER 15 OR SO IN RANDOM COLORWAYS..

AF1 IS MY FAV SHOE OF ALL TIME... CAN BE WORN DRESSED UP OR DOWN NEVER OUT OF STYLE MAYBE OUT OF FASHION BUT NEVER OUT OF STYLE...

I WISH I KEPT MYALL MY JOINTS, I ONLY HAVE A FEW LEFT...

I EVEN LEFT A ALL WHITE PAIR IN EL SALVADOR FOR MY WIFES UNCLE... I WORE EM ONCE AND GAVE EM UP.. GOT ANOTHER PAIR WHEN I GOT BACK:smokin

Last edited:
i think they suck. worst shoe ever. don't ever buy them, especially the older ones - they might fall apart.
obvious troll is obvious.

i'll always pick up a dope pair of air force I's

but they aren't "en vogue" with sneaker heads anymore...they're DEFINITELY da backbone to da common man though.

obvious troll is obvious.

i'll always pick up a dope pair of air force I's

but they aren't "en vogue" with sneaker heads anymore...they're DEFINITELY da backbone to da common man though.

yeah, that Mike guy doesn't know what he's talking about
he should stick to the YEEZY thread :smh:

kanye_A_Qaik-CQAAt6aF.jpg_large.jpg

everything just depends on the person. I still like AF1 and will still rock the couple that iI have but I haven't bought a pair in years

I buy a new pair of white on white af1 lows about once a quarter to ensure I always have a pair of crispy white daily beaters. af1's are a classic design that look great with everything. that said, ive never owned anything but the white on white's because i love them so much, and imo they dont need any color to be dope.

i'm actually thinking of copping a fresh new pair of AF1's. I'll still rock 'em, I don't give a ****

Underrated? its their most popular shoe.

I personally only owned 4 pairs in my life. They crease to easy and make your feet look big, and not in a good way.

Underrated? its their most popular shoe.

I personally only owned 4 pairs in my life. They crease to easy and make your feet look big, and not in a good way.

That's because you haven't owned older pairs. Older pairs are as durable as they come. You chase all the plastic BS new retro Jordan releases, so perhaps you don't have the most credibility in the quality criticism department.

That's because you haven't owned older pairs. Older pairs are as durable as they come. You chase all the plastic BS new retro Jordan releases, so perhaps you don't have the most credibility in the quality criticism department.

Cuz I get jordans and pass on a lot of them? Great attack on my credibility. Didnt know the fans of this shoe are as sensitive as these shoes trash toebox.
IDK what counts as older pairs but I have not copped a single AF release in almost 8 years.

Last edited:
NELLY: "GiMME 2 PAIRS I NEED 2 PEERS SO I CAN GET MY STOPPIN' ON MY EEER FORCE ONES" 

I'm pretty sure they'll come back. They just on the low now,  a classic shoe like this will never die. 
happy.gif

Yes, underrated in the sense of the hypebeast, but as many have said, this is the regular man's CLASSIC shoe. Everyone of every race wears these all the time.

It's been claimed that based upon the sale numbers of the AF1, if the shoe was its own brand, it would outsell every other existing sneaker brand, aside from Jordan and Nike. That is, Nike moves more units of the AF1 than Reebok, Adidas, Asics, NB, etc, do of their entire footwear product line!

"underrated" is not the word i would use. i would say, "past their prime"

i live in maryland, but i just started college in toronto. you'd be surprised by the amount of "hood" dudes rocking af1s, baggy true religions, basketball jerseys w/ the matching fitteds, etc. 
roll.gif
 i feel like i've time traveled to a dipset music video in 2003 sometimes.

i guess canadians didn't get the memo...

I used to buy a pair of AF1 every now and then but I stopped buying them because they went up more in price then I think they're worth. I'll stick with the J's

Back
Top Bottom