Air Force Max OG (Fab 5, Barkley) Re-Retro...

20190117_175404.jpg
20190117_175412.jpg
Dope in hand

once Barkleys are a buck in da hood they're usually gone.

*sigh* Don't remind me, yo. Been lurking on this site for a good 15 years, only officially joined maybe a year or so ago. For 2 reasons:

1) Last go around on OG Air Force Max/Fab 5s ('13? maybe? Correct me if wrong), they went SUPER onsale. Marked down to like $90/99 on, almost positive, Finish Line. I was ready to pay retail with no problems with that. Waited for "another" markdown, thinking I was smart & was about to double up on pairs I only would've got one pair for retail. I wasn't. They smooth disappeared from every store in the nation maybe 2 weeks later. *Fred Sanford voice* You big dummy. SMFH

giphy.gif

2) Nike all black Air Missions/Junior Seau. They got marked down on City Gear to $59.99. Waiting for those since OG drop in the 90s. Repressed childhood ish since I nebver had the black ones. Had the wht/blue OG & retro. Staring at the blue pair as I type. Again, thought I was about to double up. Went back. NOTHING. Checked EVERYwhere. They disappeared. Found wht/blues everywhere, black just disappeared in thin air. Pun intended. Above, folks bought those Barkleys. These were probably mass shipped back. Checked outlets & all that. THEN, got lucky & found some at retail on Amazon. Went back to cop. Done. Gone. Bet someone from here geeked up like me copped 'em. Haha. Only seen ONE black pair pop in the past like, 4-5 years on eBay. They didn't sell, I PM's ole boy to make an offer. No answer. Been subscribed to that Nike Air Mission thread on here for years hoping for a bite (Main and SOLE reason I stopped lurking & signed up Niketalk, for real). Then get heartbroken errytime I see someone simply added an archival pic to the thread & nobody has any for sale. FML. LOL

I just had to vent around some folks that feel my pain right fast, champ. Back to these positive vibes....

I'll wait for the 1st round of discos then buy. Size 14s and 15s are limited, cant wait too long

*sigh* Don't remind me, yo. Been lurking on this site for a good 15 years, only officially joined maybe a year or so ago. For 2 reasons:

1) Last go around on OG Air Force Max/Fab 5s ('13? maybe? Correct me if wrong), they went SUPER onsale. Marked down to like $90/99 on, almost positive, Finish Line. I was ready to pay retail with no problems with that. Waited for "another" markdown, thinking I was smart & was about to double up on pairs I only would've got one pair for retail. I wasn't. They smooth disappeared from every store in the nation maybe 2 weeks later. *Fred Sanford voice* You big dummy. SMFH

giphy.gif

2) Nike all black Air Missions/Junior Seau. They got marked down on City Gear to $59.99. Waiting for those since OG drop in the 90s. Repressed childhood ish since I nebver had the black ones. Had the wht/blue OG & retro. Staring at the blue pair as I type. Again, thought I was about to double up. Went back. NOTHING. Checked EVERYwhere. They disappeared. Found wht/blues everywhere, black just disappeared in thin air. Pun intended. Above, folks bought those Barkleys. These were probably mass shipped back. Checked outlets & all that. THEN, got lucky & found some at retail on Amazon. Went back to cop. Done. Gone. Bet someone from here geeked up like me copped 'em. Haha. Only seen ONE black pair pop in the past like, 4-5 years on eBay. They didn't sell, I PM's ole boy to make an offer. No answer. Been subscribed to that Nike Air Mission thread on here for years hoping for a bite (Main and SOLE reason I stopped lurking & signed up Niketalk, for real). Then get heartbroken errytime I see someone simply added an archival pic to the thread & nobody has any for sale. FML. LOL

I just had to vent around some folks that feel my pain right fast, champ. Back to these positive vibes....
Bro!!! I've had these happen to me with multiple shoes and its funny cause the air mission in the black colorway is one of them. It's so hot or miss some kicks I go ahead a buy retail then get mad when they go down to a deep discount a couple months later. But I've been learning my lesson and when I have the funds to cop I cop no more waiting

FE49D4A0-2CBE-487A-A80D-D77097130B95.jpeg
soon as they hit a buck a don't wait much.

those missions got bought and destroyed by whoever bought em, no kinda saving em whatsoever :lol:

Quality is solid. Not sure why they chargin’ 150.00 (usually Barkley retros are around 140.00), but you pretty much spoke how this story will end. $99.00 and below, Issa cop.

Last edited:
they change the color of the air chambers again?

nothing annoys me more than that

besides the word air on the back being purple instead of white it looks like a pretty good retro

but i cant get with the colored air chambers man

Yeah, I know. Its driving me crazy that they are doing this with all of his retros here in the past few years. Its killing the shoe for me. :frown: And this is the first time they have retroed this colorway.

no cap as da kiddies say now, ive been waiting on them kicks since 1994..that white leather is so plush, they so heavy..that durabuck so smooth <3
Co-Sign to all of this! I haven’t wore mines yet, but the quality is A-1

B9314236-AB0A-4271-89D5-6203CECA1B55.jpeg
59A3A364-87A6-459F-8AB9-4799E889CC95.jpeg
15F6A0BD-FBC4-46C7-8061-1D7C11C47662.jpeg
4E06B8E1-88A0-48D2-A4C9-F4CEF2C63E1A.jpeg
42233686-C8CA-4099-8A9D-DCC654A0E1CA.jpeg
Finally got my pair in. I must say I’m thoroughly impressed. The tumble leather is almost identical to the 2016 True Blue 3. Which is a great thing because I mean it looks like NSW made an effort to get away from the cheap plastic leather. Not the greatest comfort, but hardly any Barkley is. No buyers remorse for me.

B9314236-AB0A-4271-89D5-6203CECA1B55.jpeg
59A3A364-87A6-459F-8AB9-4799E889CC95.jpeg
15F6A0BD-FBC4-46C7-8061-1D7C11C47662.jpeg
4E06B8E1-88A0-48D2-A4C9-F4CEF2C63E1A.jpeg
42233686-C8CA-4099-8A9D-DCC654A0E1CA.jpeg
Finally got my pair in. I must say I’m thoroughly impressed. The tumble leather is almost identical to the 2016 True Blue 3. Which is a great thing because I mean it looks like NSW made an effort to get away from the cheap plastic leather. Not the greatest comfort, but hardly any Barkley is. No buyers remorse for me.

Haha I like that you said the materials are nice, and then used one of the worst AJ retros in history to get your point across.

Haha I like that you said the materials are nice, and then used one of the worst AJ retros in history to get your point across.
Yea I was saying that it’s great for a NSW shoe to have that quality of leather. Since we don’t see that often. We tend hold Jordan’s to a higher standard than any NSW shoe, especially a GR release.

Back
Top Bottom