Air Force Max OG (Fab 5, Barkley) Re-Retro...

nike-air-force-max-cb_.jpg

we STILL never got a good retro of these......  -__-

these are da only barkleys i need left.

i would be extremely satisfied with these. mmhmm gooooddd!!

I LOVE this shoe.
But, this is one of those shoes that every time I wear, something bad happens. :lol:
These and Team orange 95s. Seems like everytime I wear either of these shoes, train gets delayed for a half hour, run into crazy ex, get a parking ticket...
Anybody else have a "cursed" pair of kicks?

back in 2001, when i first wore the black/red air jordan 1's...Aaliyah died....the next time i wore them, 9/11 happened....a bunch of other things happened but those two events stick out the most....cursed? I don't know...I know this sounds silly but it's just a crazy reminder of what happened in that time period :smh:

anyways back on topic lol...

Last edited:
    Thanks for the extra pics.  Just FYI, though, those white/reds were from the 1st round of retroes in '02 or whenever it was.  There were only 3 OG colors in 92-93 - Black/Grey/White/Silver, White/Black/Cobalt -Purple/Concord- (and they F'ed up the retro BIG TIME), and that oddball Stone Grey/Black/Teal.

For anyone curious on what's wrong with the retro Cobalt model, the toe cap of the sole should have a black top with Cobalt lining the bottom, and the lycra ankle collar should be black splatter-fading into Cobalt (similar to the Agassi ATC II's).

EDIT:  Found a pic of the OG Cobalts:
nike-air-force-max-1993__.jpg

Peace,

J

I need these to retro!:nthat:

Dammb, saw the thread jump a little and thought maybe we finally had some official pics...
Does Jshortt even post in here anymore (since the move)?
Dude had all the inside info on the Nike Retro releases...

Cobalts are so ill.  I'm probably in the minority here, but I like those more than black joints.  

*puts on flamesuit*

Cobalts are so ill.  I'm probably in the minority here, but I like those more than black joints.  
*puts on flamesuit*

Naaa, man... Like what you like. If you get flamed for liking what you like, someone hates themself.
Back in the OG days I was the only one in my circle who would wear the AJ2s and the 9s, but i love everything about those shoes (at least in the White/Black cw). Gotta do you at all times. If you won't, who will?

*puts on flamesuit*

I'm with you too. Though, maybe part of it is an absence makes the heart grow fonder thing.

The black and greys are more iconic because they were more widely available, have been retroed, worn more, etc. But, on pure pound for pound aesthetics, I think it's the Cobalts by a nose.

to be honest, I think the rarity of the cobalts makes them seem more attractive, I would much rather have the black/grey, I think. Especially since they kinda have that fall kinda vibe.

anyone else notice something off about that photo or is it just me? the air max logo on the tongue is supposed to be white not that off grey garbage, and they are charging 140 for these, not 110 like the 06 retro. nike better fix that, asap, how hard is it to make a shoe correct, at least the tongue looks almost high enough. but that grey lettering on the air max has to be white, I've got a few  06 pairs, 2 dead thrown away, 2 almost dead, and one brand new. they better come out right. if not to ebay i go, just lost a pair for 140 ugh.
Ogs were $135, and Nike have put everything up anyway.  Are you surprised, or just looking for something to complain about?

If these are a Spring drop, will we see them around April/May? Still waiting for some sort of Release info on these...

Found my old OG (Black/Met.Silver) Air Force Maxes the other day when I was visiting my mom. I was a freshman in HS back in 1992 when i bought those. I forgot that I wrote "MAC" on them, for my buddy who died that year. Ready for these to re-retro, NOW.
Some other finds in mom's storage closet were 1994 Air Jordan 3 (wht/cement), OG Air Jordan IX, OG Air Force 5 low, OG Air Max Burst, Air Jordan V (white/silver), among a few others. All of these are BEAT, but certainly brought back some memories when I pulled them out. I'ma go back this weekend and see what else I can find.

Ogs were $135, and Nike have put everything up anyway.  Are you surprised, or just looking for something to complain about?
are you a herb or a cornball? plus its has not have. nike hasn't raised the price on every release anyway. and the 06 joints were 110, and I don't remember what the originals were in 1993, all i know is that i had them. what was your point exactly?

are you a herb or a cornball? plus its has not have. nike hasn't raised the price on every release anyway. and the 06 joints were 110, and I don't remember what the originals were in 1993, all i know is that i had them. what was your point exactly?
You actually care if Nike are referred to in the singular or plural?

Yeah, you've proven my point.

WHY WONT NIKE RELEASE THE COBALTS...FOR THE LOVE OF GOD... THEY KEEP RELEASING THAT NAVY CRAP AND THOSE WHITE/RED ONES THAT ALWAYS GO ON SALE... :smh:

Speaking of Barkleys I wish they would release a Rockets era sig. Would love another pair of CB4 2s

Last edited:
WHY WONT NIKE RELEASE THE COBALTS...FOR THE LOVE OF GOD... THEY KEEP RELEASING THAT NAVY CRAP AND THOSE WHITE/RED ONES THAT ALWAYS GO ON SALE... :smh:

Im starting to think its da same bunch of kicks from years go relabeled lol.

Da air force max CB have been criminally neglected..

Back
Top Bottom