AIR FORCE S.T.A.T. review (updated)

lute olson

Banned
The moment I saw the sample pics of this shoe it was a must have for me. The fact that it was going to be the first true signature shoe of the most dominant big man in the NBA was the main reason, but as a player that prefers big man shoes, this had everything I look for in a shoe...big max air sole, ankle support, and a solid look. I couldn't wait to try this shoe on...
When I got it the first thing I noticed was the details. The "Still I Rise" inside the tounge is a great touch...other than that there is contrast stitching on the midsole and a FORCE logo embossed on the side. Plus the STAT logo in the FORCE style is really cool.
Now on to the review.

Sizing
This shoe is true to size for the most part...it is possibly 1/2 size big...it felt a little big just to try on, but when I wore them with ankle braces they fit well.

Fit
This shoe is more on the wide side. The pull tab under the strap is good for getting a secure fit, however I think I pulled it a little tight because I felt some numbness in my toes after playing ball for a while.
9/10

Comfort
These shoes are extremely comfortbale. When I tried them on I loved how the felt on my foot. Not too constrictive either.
10/10

Ankle Support
Excellent. These do a great job in locking your ankle in place. Although a shoe isn't going to prevent ankle sprains 100% these will do a great job. The pull tab on the forefoot helps to lock the foot in so the chances of your ankle rolling will be reduced
10/10

Cushioning
The best cushioning air max shoe this side of the Air Max 360. The cushioning is better than your general full length air max shoe, but not as good as the 360. The forefoot is where the difference is felt most.
Normally I'd have ranked this dept. 10/10, but after having worn the 360's I'd rank the STAT 8/10

Weight/Position
I'm 190 and play the post primarily. These shoes would be great for any power forward / center. Maybe a small forward would like them if they need more ankle support, but if you're a small quick guard, stay away from these.

Overall
I'd rank these a solid 9/10.
They're an excellent shoe and they look great. They have a very Barkley like feel to them.

forcestat.JPG

statback.JPG

statstrap.JPG

stattounge.JPG

TEAM SUNS
Steve For MV3
Nash-Marion-Stoudemire-Bell-Diaw-Barbosa-Banks-Thomas-Ja. Jones-Ju. Jones-Rose-Burke-Piatkowski-Marks​
Posts from banned screen names: 8667 My Suns blog

man that colorway is :pimp:
pimp.gif
TEAMWARRIORS
Davis - Richardson - Jackson - Harrington - Biedrins - Ellis - Azubuike - Barnes -
Pietrus - Jasikevicius - Powell Foyle - Cabarkapa - O'Bryant

I'm not a "court feel" type of player. If that is what you are looking for these aren't the shoes that are for you.
Cushioning and support are the most important features for me.
TEAM SUNSSteve For MV3
Nash-Marion-Stoudemire-Bell-Diaw-Barbosa-Banks-Thomas-Ja. Jones-Ju. Jones-Rose-Burke-Piatkowski-Marks

definitely need to elaborate more in all of your categories. difficult to pick up much useful info from such brief commentary on each. really more of an overview.
Clutch.

Nascar,and Poker ARE NOT SPORTS!!!

I didn't play for a long time. I recently got out of the hospital and I'm not 100% yet. If you have any specific questions I'll answer them, but I'll have to play in them longer before I give a more detailed review.
TEAM SUNSSteve For MV3
Nash-Marion-Stoudemire-Bell-Diaw-Barbosa-Banks-Thomas-Ja. Jones-Ju. Jones-Rose-Burke-Piatkowski-Marks

those look great. how's the build quality on them? (thinkin of getting a pair this summer for summer ball...)
"The only way to stop Steve Nash is to hope he goes home today and doesn't find a way to come to the game tomorrow." - Jalen RoseNANO FOR CANADA!

The quality seems great...of course I have only worn them once.
THe only issue I noticed was a little of the glue from the midsole got on the visable air max.
I haven't noticed any loose stitching or anything like that.
TEAM SUNSSteve For MV3

UPDATE:

I wore them again last night and I played a bit longer. I'm still not back to being able to play a full game but I played much more than I did last week.

I loosened the small velcro strap a bit from the first time I wore them due to the previously mentioned toe numbness.
The numbness went away, but there was a small amount of slippage. Not enough to where It bothered me to play in, but just a bit that I noticed it when I first got out on the court. After running up and down the floor a couple of times I didn't notice it anymore.
It's possible that these shoes run about 1/2 sz. big, but I haven't tried them on in 10.5, so I'm not sure.
TEAM SUNSSteve For MV3

I have receive my pair this morning(black and white purple) and the shoe was great this is for me the shoe of the years a 10/10 for sure and I thinks it run true the seize for me.I'll ball on sunday university game for next year.

I ordered the AF25 and they should come this week.
I'll write a review once I get them and I can compare them to the STAT's
PHOENIX SUNS - 2007 NBA CHAMPIONS
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS - 2006 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS

I have the supreme white af25 and the white purple black stats and the
af25 look more heavy on your feet + those af25 are more hard to brake, wear my stat one pratice and those feel super great, my af25 2 week and now those seem good. But one is max air other is zoom very different comfort.

can you explain the little midfoot strap/pull tab setup, what's goin on there? nice reviews tho man
got all black 2k3's size 10 to sell? I got money

turn the music up
turn me down

Back
Top Bottom