Air Fryer / Preassure Cookers

Popped the turkey in the air fryr for thanksgiving this year...came out well, quick n easy :pimp:

Time always plays a role, you are correct.

What have you cooked other than wings and the fries?
TBH, nothing. I just got the Foodi, hence the reason I'm asking questions about recipes and stuff. However, I have eating Stew, Casseroles and such and I have been wanting a crockpot. And when my friends are waving about the air fryer and wings, whole chickens and stuff ... I decided to get the theb2-1 joint.

Only 230 so why not?

Pics please Stone Cold
Ain’t get a chance to get a pic of the turkey before it got carved up ...but here’s a shot of the wing, u see the crispyness :pimp:

7530223A-4BC0-4D12-B3FC-5E76CA673939.jpeg

U can fry anything in this joint...just gotta have the oil in there and the temp right and u getting big food done fast
Ok an Electric Fryer, but you still need a lot of Oil. The Air Fryer eliminates most if not all the oil.

The ring looks good. Nice color.

Ok an Electric Fryer, but you still need a lot of Oil. The Air Fryer eliminates most if not all the oil.

The ring looks good. Nice color.
Yea I like the no oil part...ima look into an air fryer for next thanksgiving if possible

Let us know how your fryer turned out with da recipes

No Air Fryer, but I picked up an Instant Pot Pressure Cooker the other day. So far, I'm loving it.
I'm Asian, so picture perfect rice in 4 minutes is a win my book.

Also, if anyone is interested in a pressure cooked Japanese Style Curry, have at her:

1.5 lbs beef stewing cubes
3 Yukon Gold potatoes (or yellow potatoes)
2 carrots
2 medium onions
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp ginger
3 cups beef stock
1 package of Vermont/Golden/Glico Japanese Curry cubes
1 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp soy sauce
oil

Set Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker to 'Saute'.
Brown the meat in a couple tbsp oil until seared, set aside.
Cook the onions, carrot, garlic and ginger for a few minutes.
*(This can be done separately in a different pan if you don't have a 'Saute' option)

Add meat back into pressure cooker. Add potatoes. Mix.
Add in beef stock and package of curry cubes. Please cubes on top and do not mix!
Set pressure cooker on high for 15 minutes.

After 15 minutes, release pressure. Open the lid.
Add ketchup and soy sauce. Mix well.
Serve with rice and whatever else.

You can also air fry some pork katsu on the side and pressure cook some calrose rice and ENJOI

Attachments

• curry.jpg
    curry.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 29
Im addicted to using an air fryer

Mostly use it for wings, fries and fish

Instant Pot: Use it for rice, baked potatoes, pork shoulder and soup. I really love it for soup. Pork shoulder was really good as well. One thing to remember is that it takes 10ish minutes to get to pressure and if you do a natural, steam release that could be another 10ish minutes (times vary).

Air Fryer: By far my favorite. Love it for wings, tater tots, chicken strips - basically anything frozen to deep fried. You will not get better fries, tater tots or chicken strips. Reheating food is great as well. Cold pizza is great. One of the best things I have found it does really well is a pork tenderloin. Full tenderloin cooks in about 15 minutes and is tender and juicy. In comparison when I use to do it in the stove it took well over an hour.

Highly recommend both.

What’s da deal with California saying da instant pot causes cancer and has lead?
I live California and I've never even seen a news report on this. I'm also pretty sure lead is banned from store bought products.

I have both an Air Fryer and pressure cooker. I probably use them a combined three times a week minimum.

Pressure Cooker
-I don't have to worry about meat getting dry.
-I don't have to be too disciplined as far as watching the food compared to cooking on a stove.
-Pretty foolproof as far as prep and execution.

Air Fryer
-Healthier than deep frying.
-A lot less messy and less risky.
-Easier to monitor and more efficient execution.

They both made my life easier so I'm all for both personally.

Supposedly it’s da ceramic glaze causing da lead when heated. Da stainless steel is da way to go from what I read on da internet.

so the foodi is not an air fryer but does everything an air fryer would do? Might look into this life.

Back
Top Bottom