Official Nike Air Griffey Max 1 Thread

yeah in high school i got 1 pair of expensive shoes per year, these were not the ones i got that year lol i cant remember what i got, maybe ubiquitous max? i had more uptempo olympics too but i cant remember the timeline of shoe releases (getting old)

yeah in high school i got 1 pair of expensive shoes per year, these were not the ones i got that year lol i cant remember what i got, maybe ubiquitous max? i had more uptempo olympics too but i cant remember the timeline of shoe releases (getting old)
Don't feel bad, when these first came out I was in 5th grade, unfortunately I didn't get a pair.  I had to wait til they retro'd in 2011.

i wanted these as a kid as well. enjoy seeing all the old eastbay pages of the shoes i drooled over as i flipped though the catalog.

Pics are definitely suspect, but if legit, that would be the best retro CW probably since the "Reds" ...Anything that gets the colorblocking right is a contender for that title by default.

If I remember correctly, that pic was from an auction that sold fake Grifs.

Plus the box-tag looks fake too.  Also, if they were a new colorway, wouldn't they use a red Nike box?  

Here's a PS I did a few years back.  

Nice little M's colorway, IMO.  

14049620007_cbcc014747_c.jpg

Plus the box-tag looks fake too.  Also, if they were a new colorway, wouldn't they use a red Nike box?  

If Nike is going to come out with all these retro+ CWs, they need one that looks like this. Very clean PS man.

All perfect points, Sinner. The fact that the photo is essentially the archetypal image from sellers of fakes got me even before I noticed what box was actually used.

Your PS would be much appreciated if released. I could probably think of a good half dozen CWs that would smoke, but what are you gonna do.

id be all over these. always like the mariners jerseys

those are like reverse freshwaters, i like em. cmon nike do something that is Mariners colors for us!

Add Freshwaters and you'd be correct.

If somebody wanted to add the Cincy pair to that list, I wouldn't blame them.

That's the only Retro + CW worth a hoot. IMO.

Back
Top Bottom