Official Nike Air Griffey Max 1 Thread

Remember waiting all my life for a retro of these my favorite "Trainers" of all time (anything Griffey basically)...and when they did I remember them having some hype behind them....kinda like if you knew you knew and my mom and pops at the time look out....I was never that happy with a sneaker release.....but jesus christ was quality and comfort horrible....the mid soles peeled within 2-3 wears.....I was sick to be honest...after that don't even bother. With that being said....if these can be had for @ or around $80.....would consider.
Won't happen. They marked em up to 170 even. So let's say they miraculously sit, most sizes won't....maybe the smaller sizes. Unless your a baby foot mfer you going be **** outta luck.

Won't happen. They marked em up to 170 even. So let's say they miraculously sit, most sizes won't....maybe the smaller sizes. Unless your a baby foot mfer you going be **** outta luck.

Wait.....did you say $170? WTF is wrong with Nike b? They can keep those my nostalgia ain't that bad.

Wait.....did you say $170? WTF is wrong with Nike b? They can keep those my nostalgia ain't that bad.
I feel it. Nike definitely getting greedy. I'm not sure if it's inflation or what, but yes the msrp on the box says $170. Mind you that they rang up $160 at checkout out "didn't mention the 170 to them lol, and I had a 20 reward to use. So after tax they came out to $150 for this pair. But nike is reaching hard. 1 highs went from 160 to 170 earlier this year. The infareds 90s went to 140 while the rest of the colorways was 120 retail. Everything's going up.

Attachments

• PXL_20210102_051319353.jpg
    PXL_20210102_051319353.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 615
  • Snapchat-900509462.jpg
    Snapchat-900509462.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 612
Yo, so everybody that wanted me to grab sizes, I went back today and they only had an 8 and 10.5 left. The lady told me people was going crazy for these when they saw em. My bad, I'll keep looking at the other hibbets around me to see when they get em. Wish I could've helped out.

I wandered into the thread & didn’t expect to see so much DYT talk, that was pretty cool!

sucks I was too late though, guess I’ll keep my eyes peeled now

Check your local Jimmy Jazz..pairs surfacing more now 👍🏽

Damn.. a good 4 days later seeing this .. don't know how I missed it. Hoping my local has/gets them and they don't fly. They still had Penny III's before XMAS.

I find it funny that when pairs like this come back, the colorways that are my favorite end up being the ones that either don't come out or I wait in mystery hoping they follow. IE: Penny 3 Royal, Total Uptempos in Silver (after Neons of course), and these in the other 2 OG colorways. :lol:.

The first retro of Griffey 1s was a super random drop in my area too and pairs flew fast. Hate when they do that

I think I'm going to chill. I rather the other two OG colorways. These are fire but I'm not trying to repeat last year. Ill probably regret it because I think the first drop is dope but I like the others more.

GrizzlyAnimal GrizzlyAnimal lmao I meant that I'm not beasting for them right away. So if they end up selling out I may have to move on. But let's not get crazy here.. I def want them :lol: I'm just trying not to do 2020 all over again lol.

I know baseball doesn’t sell like basketball but would it kill Nike to try a “protro” of the Griffey line? The swingman remix was actually playable on turf. Give me that midsole/outsole with this upper.

Back
Top Bottom