Official Nike Air Griffey Max 1 Thread

Would have been cool to have a 3 on the Reds pair instead of 24

This is about as good as it gets for me :pimp:

DDF03055-5DF7-416C-9424-15EB4DD217C5.jpeg

From Jeremy Guthrie’s collection

I don't go into General much these days, but just skimmed through all the posts.
What a story. Hope it really blows up outside the sneaker community.
Ultimately, I doubt it'll change things much for guys like us, but who knows.
It'll be interesting to see how his biz does from here on out.

Not about Grifs, but still relevant to us, I guess. #Resellers #Bots

Yep there is a thread in the General forum. I bet he was selling Griffey’s.
I don't go into General much these days, but just skimmed through all the posts.

The headline and meat of that story is the sexy thing getting attention--his mom having to resign--but if you haven't, read the Bloomberg story that caused it. It's actually far more educational and, frankly, fascinating in terms of how someone can make serious money investing in bots, hitting the road to scoop up loads of discounted sneakers, etc. The thing I noted, more than the profit we all know is there to be made on hyped and limited releases, is the money to be made on "bricks." I have no doubt the majority of sales these big-time pro resellers complete are indeed yielding closer to a 10-20 percent profit, as the kid says. It also explains, at least a little, something we all comment on here: why bother reselling to make $20 on a pair? But if it's a "power seller" moving those shoes, it's just another $20 to throw onto the overall pile.

(Don't mind the link description below about "are you a robot," I believe it should still work. If not, the link to it is embedded in the Hypebeast story about his mom resigning, which can be read here: https://hypebeast.com/2021/3/nike-vp-ann-hebert-son-reseller-resignation)

Last edited:
^ Indeed. I, too, found the "bricks" bit quite fascinating. And yeah... $20 per pair ain't that much, but when you're moving a lot more pairs... I'm guessing his $600k figure was in sales/turnover... then it all adds up. The thing is, he had the competitive advantage of having insider info from his mom as well as the capex.

^ Indeed. I, too, found the "bricks" bit quite fascinating. And yeah... $20 per pair ain't that much, but when you're moving a lot more pairs... I'm guessing his $600k figure was in sales/turnover... then it all adds up. The thing is, he had the competitive advantage of having insider info from his mom as well as the capex.

I'd love to know if she was actually funneling him useful info. I kind of feel like she had to resign just because of optics. Which is funny, when Marcus Jordan can do whatever he ****ing wants. But what is Nike going to do, fire MJ or suggest he resign? LOL

Optics are a B. The actual reporting done in that story suggests no such thing about the mom funneling him direct info. The reporter had to mention it because he discovered who his mom is. If he had sat on that fact, and his editors found out, he'd be up against the wall on his own job. I'm in the professional journalism business, so I know this without a doubt. But hey, if I was his editor, I also would've said, lets not publish this story until you now do some digging to see if mommy was actually providing him useful, unfair info.

But, taking the "f..k resellers" emotion out of it, he's using bots to grab the big stuff everyone wants, and apparently driving across the country for a couple of weeks ransacking outlets and other stores for bricks. Would I even be mad if I found out his mom said, hey if you get to the Denver outlet on Thursday, it will have X, Y and Z shoes for sale at $60 a pop? Not really, because anyone who wanted those shoes could have bought them long before they became outlet fodder, at worst for retail and probably marked down, and he's selling that stuff for below retail or close to retail, anyway.

The hatred we all have of resellers isn't for Vapormaxes and the like. It's for the fact it makes it almost impossible to buy retro Jordans and things like that. And by the reporting, he's just like every other big reseller, using bots. If his mom was giving him some advantage on those releases, why does he need bots? Don't get me wrong, I'm not supporting this whole reselling business. But I do actually feel sorry for a professional person who had to resign from a real job after 25 years if it was just because it looked bad and the internet decreed that A+B=Z. But that's the way the world works right now, for better and worse.

I've had a bunch of friends who aren't into shoes at all send me this article over the last 24 hours so it's def bigger than the "sneaker community"....but I'm with most, I'm not sure it will change anything. But it's for sure a bad look PR wise

Had GS size in my cart.. stepped away from my phone for a sec and J23 shouts it out on twitter. I go back to check out and of course all the sizes close to it are gone. You can't buy **** in peace... and these ****ing accounts have to shout EVERYTHING out. Come on. :smh: :stoneface:

Had GS size in my cart.. stepped away from my phone for a sec and J23 shouts it out on twitter. I go back to check out and of course all the sizes close to it are gone. You can't buy **** in peace... and these ****ing accounts have to shout EVERYTHING out. Come on. :smh: :stoneface:
Yeah man these accounts ruined a lot of my go to spots. I didn’t start taking Ls until these accounts got ahold of places like Lapstone and Snipes (when they were kicks USA). While everyone was on FTL, SNKRS, etc I was hittin places like those up catching Ws easily.. no tax/free shipping

it’s a struggle to catch anything for the retail price that ain’t an all white AF1 these days. When restocks happen you have to get lucky and catch em before the Twitter accounts blast them.. you gotta go through the checkout ASAP

dakidbanks dakidbanks pretty much.. its so frustrating especially since this wasn't even a restock. Just happen to see them and dropped my phone for a second. Came back and ONE shoutout wiped the stock. Its ridiculous man.

Back
Top Bottom