Air Hyperflight or Zoom Flight 2k3?

If you can find either shoe in good condition in your size, especially the 2K3's then good for you.

I haven't tried the Hyperflights, but I've only heard of a few people who actually like playing in them. Most of the reviews and feedback I've seen for them has been negative, I've heard they don't have great support or fit.

I got two pairs of 2K3's though and I like them a lot. If you don't like a really stiff, tight feeling around your foot, I'd stay away from them. That's really the only potential problem, the traction, court feel and cushioning are all pretty good. Support and fit are also good.

Hey there,
I have 10 pairs of the Hyperflight, and while I absolutely love the design and significance of the shoe (I'm a big Jason Williams fan) I'll be the first to tell you they're less than stellar on-court.

While the heel Max-Air cushioning is very comfortable and good on impact protection, the forefoot Zoom Air unit is stiff and unresponsive, and because of the super low court feel and double-lasted midsole, the forefoot feels stiff and firm and your arch will suffer over time.

The traction is a definite positive of the shoe for guards as it's super sticky and durable, but the upper's ultra thin cobec material is neither durable nor supportive on lateral movements. When cutting and slashing your foot slides laterally along the footbed, and the tongue also dips down into the shoe even with the laces tied very tightly.

Unless you're a small-framed point guard (which you seem to be by your figures given) looking for super light weight and court feel at the expense of stability and forefoot cushioning, it's hard to recommend the Hyperflight as it's not too trustworthy.

A similar shoe for guards that you should check out that I loved on-court is the Ultraflight, Zoom Drive, and Jet Flight. All have great court feel, traction, and responsiveness but are also far more stable and durable than the Hyperflight. They're also less stiff and restrictive than the 2K3 and have lower cuts and better forefoot flexibility.

Off-court? It doesn't get much more flashy than a pair of Hyperflights!

On the 2K3 -- they have a much more stable base and supportive upper. So much so that the ankle board material is actually quite stiff to start, so wear padded socks level or higher than the shoe's height. They're far superior to Hyperflights though in every sense of the word. Better fit, better support, better cushioning, exponentially better durability and better dependability over a season's time.

Verdict -- Zoom 2K3
DON'T PUT UP NO BRICK​
The B.O.P.​

Quote:
A similar shoe for guards that you should check out that I loved on-court is the Ultraflight, Zoom Drive, and Jet Flight. All have great court feel, traction, and responsiveness but are also far more stable and durable than the Hyperflight. They're also less stiff and restrictive than the 2K3 and have lower cuts and better forefoot flexibility.

Something I didn't really consider there, but I completely agree with. I was talking about 2K3's for my playing style, which is much more perimeter oriented. I shoot a lot and come off screens, and occasionally drive or cut to the lane. I like Zoom Drives and Jet Flights for PG style though, obviously these are both lower cut than 2K3's and I believe a little bit harder to find as well - which always appeals to me.

Anyway, 2K3's CAN be restrictive, especially for someone who needs freedom over restriction and support. If you ask me I'd prefer 2K3's because I love to run the floor and 2K3's feel super responsive to me. If I'm playing in half court sets though I'd take Jet Flights and ZD's all day.

hyperflights are the most beautiful shoe of all time...sell me some!!! around size 9.5
---
There's One Life, One Love, so there can only be One King

Back
Top Bottom