Air Jordan 1 HI OG “ROYAL TOE” - Spring 2020

Let’s be honest, myself and almost everyone with a stable/wfh job on NT would definitely take advantage of fire-sale, resale prices on sneakers we missed out on. That said, it is unlikely we would see this since I doubt there are few people who desperately need cash are also holding DS pairs of Unions and TS 1s. Likely, most people holding DS pairs of those releases are collectors at this point.

My point was that, there still is a market for $170-$200 sneakers like Court Purple 1s and DMP 6s. Speaking of 2008, that time showed us that people didn’t stop buying sneakers like this, instead they just became more selective with their purchases. 2009 is a great year to look at since Space Jam 11s were both the biggest release of the 2009 (in terms of stock) and were still VERY sought after (I say this as someone who took multiple Ls on release day). You’re right about StockX and GOAT making resale prices more standardized to what market value actually is, I can’t argue that. Keep in mind that, as much as Nike/JB will never admit it, they need there to be resale on their products since that is what drives demand for other, similar products (I.s. NFR 1s-Gym Red 1s, Unions-upcoming Grey/Red 1s, etc. etc.). That said, I think if the current financial crisis worsens, you’ll see more and more of this. Also, your friend buying that car put thousands into the sellers’ hands immediately. Unless someone is offloading a ton of shoes or a bunch of hyped shoes, they aren’t going to see anywhere near that kind of money from their shoe sales.
You're not wrong. Speaking for myself with a steady wfh job, I'm still picking up shoes regularly when there are releases I really want. Hell, even that goat flash sale last week had me purchasing shoes I didn't picture myself buying. But that was a little different since I could pick up shoes for near retail that had decent resell prices (i.e., oatmeal fogs, gym red 1's, Kobe 4, etc.). There hasn't been a dip as much as I'd have thought, but maybe that'll happen in the coming months if people still can't return to work or have outstanding rents/mortgages due and need cash quicker. Like you said, 2009 was a good predictor after the 2008 fallout. I keep an eye on things I might've missed out on that I wanted in the past, but I think I still can't drop that kinda dough knowing it's still drastically higher than retail (i.e., court purple 1.0s or the best hand in the game pack).

Of course i get access for a shoe i dont want. But i have been getting more access to shoes latley. I think its because i been spending money on the SNKRS app besides J’s.

No go for me got nothing. So what else is new now for spite I am going to pre order them

Got access on wifey’s account let’s goooooo!!!! :nthat:
3FAD4F18-D1E6-4BC6-BE6D-57DFB687F4D6.png

Account no longer shows the “coming soon” button, and is back to the “notify me”. Did I lose access or did nike cancel the early access happening at noon today?

My access disappeared in app as well.. checked it like an hour ago and it was there. Now, gone. Smh. I know these won’t be a hard cop come Release day but it would be nice to grab them today.

I think these will sell out a lot faster then people think. I give it a hour And all money and normal sizes will be gone. Good luck 🍀 to all

Back
Top Bottom