Air Jordan 1 High “Black Toe” – 2013 NO buying,selling-trading

laugh.gif

If eastbay's getting them I ain't worried since I'll have them for sure.
That is what I thought about the royals before I ordered from overseas.

People should stop talking about their "preorders" and go ahead and call it what it is...resale price. 

"Preorder" used to be a small premium you paid over retail to ensure that you'd receive the shoe. The retailer enjoyed the benefit of not having to sit on inventory; consumers would have piece of mind knowing that the shoe was acquired. 

Since retailers don't have to worry about sitting on many retro Jordans, there is no incentive for them to offer a "small premium."

Now it's just pre-release resale extortion. 

Last edited:
People should stop talking about their "preorders" and go ahead and call it what it is...resale price. 

"Preorder" used to be a small premium you paid over retail to ensure that you'd receive the shoe. The retailer enjoyed the benefit of not having to sit on inventory; consumers would have piece of mind knowing that the shoe was acquired. 

Since retailers don't have to worry about sitting on many retro Jordans, there is no incentive for them to offer a "small premium."

Sad, but true...

why are people saying fnl, ftl, and eastbay will have these? has that info been confirmed and if so I feel a weight has been lifted off my shoulder because if that is in fact the case these will be alot easier to obtain that the past 1s..

why are people saying fnl, ftl, and eastbay will have these? has that info been confirmed and if so I feel a weight has been lifted off my shoulder because if that is in fact the case these will be alot easier to obtain that the past 1s..

They've gotten all the other 1's.

They've gotten all the other 1's.
You're right, I completely forgot they did, but no physical stores actaully got the them like the royals I don't believe. Never have success online, so those chains getting them is useless to me lol. Thank god for Villas..

Foot action got the Royals online, back ordered just like eastbay, but Royals weren't on FTL.com

In the thread it was discussed how it was odd that the mother company, FTL, didn't have them online but the other 2 did. They were represented in store at HoH's though. I don't know about online but FTA will have the black toe's in store and could be the retailer with the most pairs. The company as a whole is scheduled to get, what I think is, more than their fair share of these.

And you're point is..........?

And you're point is..........?
I'll make it easy for you:

Firstly, I'm not a "point."

Secondly, even if you do think that I am a "point," do you have to be so discourteous to the indefinite article "a," by completely ignoring its placement within your sentence? 

Thirdly, maybe you're telling me that my first name is "Point" and my last name is "Is."  

Lastly, are you asking me or telling me that I am "a point" or that my name is Point Is? Quiet as it's kept, the question mark after the sea of ellipses that you saw fit to misuse really confuses your  thought. 

Honestly, friend, I'm not sure what your point is. You're going to have to clarify. 

Sincerely,

Point Is

Secondly, even if you do think that I am a "point," do you have to be so discourteous to the indefinite article "a," by completely ignoring its placement within your sentence? 

Thirdly, maybe you're telling me that my first name is "Point" and my last name is "Is."  

Lastly, are you asking me or telling me that I am "a point" or that my name is Point Is? Quiet as it's kept, the question mark after the sea of ellipses that you saw fit to misuse really confuses your  thought. 

Honestly, friend, I'm not sure what your point is. You're going to have to clarify. 

Sincerely,

Point Is
awesome!

Sincerely,

Point Is
Murder in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree. #Dead 
roll.gif

Lastly, are you asking me or telling me that I am "a point" or that my name is Point Is? Quiet as it's kept, the question mark after the sea of ellipses that you saw fit to misuse really confuses your
 thought. 

Sincerely,

Point Is
Give that man a medal LMAO

Lastly, are you asking me or telling me that I am "a point" or that my name is Point Is? Quiet as it's kept, the question mark after the sea of ellipses that you saw fit to misuse really confuses your
 thought. 

Sincerely,

Point Is

That was brilliant! I even repped you.

Thanks for the English lesson.

Let me do this again: what was your point, besides stating the obvious?

That was brilliant! I even repped you.

Thanks for the English lesson.

Let me do this again: what was your point, besides stating the obvious?
Just kidding with you man. No disrespect intended. :smile:

You're right actually; I was stating the obvious.  I guess that there wasn't much of a point beyond the fact that I'm confused by the masses of people trying to buy as a "preorder" that which they could buy afterwards as a straightforward "resale." 

At least with buying them resale, one gives themselves a chance to score them at retail on RD. If the resale and "preorder" price are the same, why not choose the former and try saving $200? That doesn't entail camping or pawning the Rolex Submariner; one could put in 30 minutes on release date and maybe another 30 minutes for the international release a few days later. 

Black toes won't be any more limited than the Royals were, and you could get Royals for weeks after release date for $275-$320 on Craigslist and eBay. And the Royals hadn't been released in 12 years.

Yet people are eating up Black Toe preorders at $250-$325. 

I could see if the preorder was for $200. But once the preorder reaches resale territory, why not at least try to get them at retail and if not, you don't lose anything by buying them on eBay for exactly what you would have paid preorder.  

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom