Air Jordan 1 High OG Black/Gray aka Shadow 1's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've worn mine maybe two or three times.
Pass
And I doubt the quality will be as good. The shadow grey slipped through the cracks.
Funny how people will want kicks that sat and sat.
They've been doing this though. People want the stealth Vs to retro ffs. I cant even take that seriously!

You can clearly see the foot of the jumpman.
unless that is a pic of an older version

Last edited:
They've been doing this though. People want the stealth Vs to retro ffs. I cant even take that seriously!

that looks like a pic of the 09 version. you can tell with the embossed Jumpman logo

I've worn mine maybe two or three times.
Pass
And I doubt the quality will be as good. The shadow grey slipped through the cracks.
Funny how people will want kicks that sat and sat.

same pic from the 09's

Couldn't find these anywhere in 2009 where I went to school. Not missing out on these again. Perfect shoe.

Im telling you guys those shoes were available for over a year and a half on legit internet sites. And that was just before internet sites started marking up prices so much

Everyone needs to stop being so butthurt over the White/Red-Blacks and realize that this is part of the Nike strategy. So far it appears the majority of true 1's (Highs, not mids and phats) are releasing with Nike Air and higher quality materials. Four releases that are in the OG category:

Knicks
Royals
Black Toes
Shadows

Sure, it would have been nice if the White/Reds were too, but that was the first release of the year and strategically managed that way. Clearly at some point in the near future these too will get OG treatment. You have thousands of dollars to spend on Jordans this year and you're going to get butthurt over one pair not releasing OG style? I really don't care. Made it an easy pass that I may loop back around to down the road for, but also helps me get my funds in order for what I REALLY want next month. I hope fools buy the BRed XIIIs on Saturday as well as the V's, and then are stuck looking at dwindling funds come Feb 16 when they are hit with Royals, White Cements, and the entire host of ASG releases. Nike will sell tons and many people will have to figure out what they REALLY want. This strategy is actually helping true collectors set themselves apart from n00bs by making smart buying decisions (like skipping the White/Reds and coming back to them later or coming back to them when they get Nike Air treatment).

People need to be smarter and whine less.

yeeep! thats exactly how i scored my sz.13 3 months after RD for a whopipng $99.00 bucks 
eek.gif
 4 years seems like an eternity tho...

I have 2 pairs of '09 shadows (1 DS). I loved the 2009's since day 1. The Shadows were the first AJ1 with butter soft leather in a long time and the only one since this was the "Banned" AJ1's. The "Knicks" colorway is soft, but it's not real leather, it's a synthetic leather. These bad boys are genuine leather and as soft as a babies bottom. I will only grab the 2013's if they're done with equally soft leather and the whole shoe has to be leather like the OG 85-86 pairs, like they were when I was a kid (10-11 years old). Of course the Nike Logo helps, but I'm looking for a complete leather shoe this time. I would've never bought the 2009's if it weren't for that damn leather. They felt so good in hand that I couldn't pass. Besides the grey sued looked like real elephant print up close. Those 2009's were done with great execution. They're easy as heck to clean too.:smokin

Last edited:
Micheal Jordan wore the shadow grey 1's his second year as a nba player but, not during a regular season game. He wore them in the 1985 push excel allstar game, a program that was lead by Rev. Jesse Jackson I hope this helps you out with your appreciation for the underrated shadow 1's.

Last edited:
Micheal Jordan wore the shadow grey 1's his second year as a nba player but, not during a regular season game. He wore them in the 1985 push excel allstar game, a program that was lead by Rev. Jesse Jackson I hope this helps you out with your appreciation for the underrated shadow 1's.

damn, nice find.

A niketalker was kind enough to pick me up a pair since his local shop still had the 09s a week ago.

Gonna wear the life out of these :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom