Air Jordan 1 High OG CO.JP Thread - “Tokyo” & “Midnight Navy”

Nice addition to the family
BDC29DAB-A928-4FFD-AEDA-3F55E8ED73F5.jpeg

I have and appreciate the Bone SB, BUT neither of those belong in the same pic as the Silvers.

Anyone? And are there any Jordan Is with flat grey laces? I was trying to think of one but I don't think it exists.

Haven't rocked em yet but it looks like this is what they'll look like for me. I feel like the laces I bought are too long but was still able to freak em.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 4.39.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 4.39.31 PM.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 166
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 4.39.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 4.39.43 PM.png
    3 MB · Views: 342
Looking forward to finally having these in hand. I really love grey and have been wanting these, Natural Grey's, and Grey type OG colorways for a min.

Looking forward to finally having these in hand. I really love grey and have been wanting these, Natural Grey's, and Grey type OG colorways for a min.
I feel like we should be on the 3rd or 4th retro of the natural greys at this point and we still haven’t gotten them. Hopefully the rumor for next year is true.

Latest Air Jordan 1 Retro High pickup: Concept Japan Tokyo grey/silver. Snkrs win. AJ1 releases starting to be hassle challenge.
Design and colorway execution on point. No quality control issues. Leather tongue idea is different. Better than the puffed plastic Wings. Looking forward to the midnight navy pair of pack.

98A810E6-CAC9-410F-9863-4E4327078E3D.jpeg

Throwback vid:

Is there a reason why some people refer to it as Concept Japan? I thought co.jp is like .com but for Japanese sites.

Is there a reason why some people refer to it as Concept Japan? I thought co.jp is like .com but for Japanese sites.

Japanese sneaker designers at Nike were really playing with different colorways of sneakers at the time. That's pretty much as deep as it gets. Silvers, Navy/Silver, Black/Silver, White/Navy Jordan 1's, the highs were exclusive to Japan only while the US got mids & that horrid pair with the Jumpman as the swoosh. Nike Dunk Ugly Duckling pack were co jp. There's others but that's what comes to mind first.

Japanese sneaker designers at Nike were really playing with different colorways of sneakers at the time. That's pretty much as deep as it gets. Silvers, Navy/Silver, Black/Silver, White/Navy Jordan 1's, the highs were exclusive to Japan only while the US got mids & that horrid pair with the Jumpman as the swoosh. Nike Dunk Ugly Duckling pack were co jp. There's others but that's what comes to mind first.

Fyi:
That was the program’s name.

https://hypebeast.com/2020/8/nike-jordan-brand-co-jp-history-story-info

https://www.grailed.com/drycleanonly/nike-co-jp-history

https://www.shelflife.co.za/magazine/the-history-of-nike-s-co-jp-program

Figured if I’m gonna pay resale I’d look for a briefcase pair. Couldn’t find em in my size back then, can’t find em now :lol:

y’all gotta learn your history:smh:

I know the history though, dude asked what the co jp stood for and I said exactly what it meant. Japanese designers doing different & bold colorways of popular silhouettes. That's about it at its core. I just didn't mention that its shorthand for Concepts Japan.

Back in 2001 there was also a high cut pair of these Jordan 1s? It wasn't just mids?

-Drew

Back in 2001 there was also a high cut pair of these Jordan 1s? It wasn't just mids?

-Drew
US version was a mid with jumpman on the back. . The Japan version was a High with no jumpman on the back. Mids have 8 holes, highs have 9. Same with the navy and silver joints.

I know the history though, dude asked what the co jp stood for and I said exactly what it meant. Japanese designers doing different & bold colorways of popular silhouettes. That's about it at its core. I just didn't mention that its shorthand for Concepts Japan.

I apologize if I misunderstood you. It’s a lot more than just Japanese designers doing different colorways of popular silhouettes. It was more so about the exclusivity. CO.JP was born out of the special makeup market that popped off in the 90s. Stores were getting special custom editions made by Nike and Sneaker heads started collecting these store exclusives.

The Japanese picked up on this and the dude who started atmos used to come to the US to cop these store exclusives for his store in Japan. Nike Japan picked up on the demand this was creating and came up with the CO.JP initiative which was regionally exclusive to Japan. You literally had to come to Japan to get these kicks, like the Japanese we’re doing to get US exclusives. This started regional exclusives, collaborations, and boutiques. Co.jp’s significance is huge in sneaker history, because it changed the model and direction of sneaker collecting. There are no hypebeasts or spots like Flight Club or limited exclusive editions if it weren’t for the influence of CO.JP

Last edited:
Praying to the SNKRS god already so that I can complete my set with the Navy Blue pair this fall 🙏

Back
Top Bottom