Air Jordan 1 OG high- OBSIDIAN August 31st 2019

It’s funny cause I swear 5-6 years ago BIGGER sizes were the more valuable and rare. So either production changed or demand changed. But I’m glad either way I don’t have to sweat my 11.5/12 like I used to.

Middle class in China specifically has more money to spend now on frivolous items. If I was a reseller, knowing what I know now, I'd aim for those sizes.

I don’t know man, you don’t consider yourself a reseller but you are. You said you’d be mad if you couldn’t get yourself a pair and seen a person with 5 pairs, but you’re doing the same thing to someone else. If you’re copping 2-3 pairs so you can get a free pair for yourself you have to “resell” the other pairs. You grabbed the other couple pairs that someone would have got but now can’t because you copped them to get yourself a “free” pair.
I’m not trying to come at you at all, and what you’re doing is smart but IMO you are a reseller.
Well if I’m a reseller i’d be like a low level one. Kinda like a lookout or pitcher in the drug game like I said I actually wear my sneakers and I am not knocking anyone for trying to get money I’m just being honest if you saw someone with 5 pairs and you didn’t even get a personal pair wouldn’t you feel some type of way? I’ve taken plenty of L’s so I know what it feels like to miss out.

It’s funny cause I swear 5-6 years ago BIGGER sizes were the more valuable and rare. So either production changed or demand changed. But I’m glad either way I don’t have to sweat my 11.5/12 like I used to.

this when JB stock numbers were low and they hype blew up. the market wasn't international yet so lots of small foot sizes weren't the normal US customers.
then there wasn't the ease of stock x and goat to move those pairs overseas to markets where there is more small footers.
that and resellers back then would buy up larger sizes and jack up the price cause their was less of them that and anyone would take anything cause it would resell back then.

now that stock numbers are better across the board its based on us markets the inclusion of an overseas market that have particular taste is causing turbity in the us market for shoes cause JB makrs more for us, but now overseas are eating up our pairs at a premium price.
so the argument just make more doesn't apply unless your sayin make more overseas then hey that would hurt hype and nike loves that just send it overseas and make sure us sell outs keep happing to fuel desire and the cycle can continue.

overall im glad big footers are having their season lol

Asian countries got in to the Air Jordan 1 and I think dunks now too.
This is a fact I know a reseller here in San Diego that buys all the hype shoes in sizes 8-10 and resells them in China. The market over there is crazy because there stuff costs so much more there so if you’re selling a Jordan like say the Satin Black Toes here at $160 on release day over there it’s triple. So really it’s nothing for them

Well if I’m a reseller i’d be like a low level one. Kinda like a lookout or pitcher in the drug game like I said I actually wear my sneakers and I am not knocking anyone for trying to get money I’m just being honest if you saw someone with 5 pairs and you didn’t even get a personal pair wouldn’t you feel some type of way? I’ve taken plenty of L’s so I know what it feels like to miss out.

lots of resellers wear their shoes. just they get them the way you get yours flipping.

This is a fact I know a reseller here in San Diego that buys all the hype shoes in sizes 8-10 and resells them in China. The market over there is crazy because there stuff costs so much more there so if you’re selling a Jordan like say the Satin Black Toes here at $160 on release day over there it’s triple. So really it’s nothing for them

dang resell crazy like that over there? how much TS highs going for over there? say if theyre reselling for 2k USD here, is it reselling for 5-6k USD over there since demand so much higher??

Not just NYC mentality but straight up street mentality. The big question is, is the guy you say **** you to going to retaliate and what would you do if he does? Peeps lose all sense of civility when it comes to these sneakers man. It ain't no joke. The bs can happen anywhere, any mall or parking lot. Better to live in peace to cop another day. Especially in times of today, when mf'rs seem way more sensitive
I wouldn’t literally say **** you, I’d say I’m going for whatever size I want which would be a metaphorical **** you

dang resell crazy like that over there? how much TS highs going for over there? say if theyre reselling for 2k USD here, is it reselling for 5-6k USD over there since demand so much higher??
Honestly I don’t know but he bought my Satin Black Toe 1s for $800 and wasn’t no thing for him. Dude is from China, drives a new Jag and had a wod of cash he pulled out. I was like damn dude why you pull out your cash all openly like that? Lucky I’m an honest good dude otherwise he couldve gotten stomped. I’m not a reseller and I wanted to keep them I honestly really liked them but needed the cash. It is for whatever reason the market and this I know because I asked him.

It’s crazy I didn’t even know this or believe it. I think he was a foreign exchange student before because I had heard that each foreign exchange student needs 100k just to come here not sure how correct that is. I think he found a market he can get into and now that’s what he does for money because he has posted TS 1s, Off white 1s all the yeezys. He’s a straight up reseller for big bucks

As a Carolina fan and NC resident these were a must. Wish I scooped up my 4th pair but I didn’t feel like making that extra drive Saturday...and as far as the reselling conversation if you’ve ever sold a shoe for more than what you paid for it. You’re a reseller...with that being said I’m guilty of it too. I hit on a 8 on SNKRS in these to get one of my personals for basically free. It is what it is.
7B0E73E4-AFDC-42C9-A977-53EE5712984E.jpeg

Like I stated before. I'm a size 8-9 all depending on the shoe. Back in 07 to 13 my size was easy to get. Shoot even to year 2015. But now I can't get them easy. I was in line at a shoe palace to get my size and a whole Asian family got all the lower sizes and I couldn't get my size, so I had to settle for a size 7Y for the old lady. She don't like them. So now I'm wishing for a restock because I'm not going to pay resell. It's horrible now. Plus tar heels are my favorite college basketball team. Been that way for over 30 years .

Last edited:
True dat, but you'd be surprised some cats would still cause a ruckus over something like that.
If that’s how it is that’s how it is. Really depends what the situation is, I’m fair until ppl are unfair. If I just placed a chair somewhere left until the next day that’s kind of extreme. I mean I kinda did that for these but everyone in the line was on the same page since dudes were tryna double up on uncs at other spots.

Back
Top Bottom