Air Jordan 1 OG high- OBSIDIAN August 31st 2019

Came to conclusion that leather quality and even the toe box patterns are different from pair to pair. Have 2 jimmy jazz pair production ending March on the left. 2 snkrs pair to the right ending in May. Even the bottoms some are glossy and some are flat
2A3BBFBA-C7EC-42F6-A79C-9FEE345BEA8F.jpeg
E4924E9E-C429-4A54-94FE-A0BD35A2B2C9.jpeg

The gym reds were pretty random too, but the best hand in the game pack was the worst recently. Huge variations depending on production dates and manufacturing location.

Just called in at my store and they said they haven't gotten theirs yet, said to stop by around 4-5?

My Obsidians arrived today and instantly swapped the laces from my Sails to Obsidians and they're a perfect match. Now have to figure which laces to put on Sails tho...

I feel like you need sail laces for your sails lol. But you don’t *need* sail laces for these. Sails on these are better than navy’s but just barely ....imo

I still think the Uni blue laces are best with sails a close second. On most Jordan’s I prefer the laces to match the tongue but 1’s are an exception.

Sail laces are cool if you want a subdued look. I dont do white/sail laces on any black toe styled shoe. It's always either the alt laces or the starter laces.

image.jpg

image.jpg

49E24800-56BA-437A-9EC7-ABD92A7C9EEC.jpeg
2B9188AB-261D-434D-A445-96694BDFA827.jpeg
F71CB416-ACF8-4BA5-84C2-D294A08CA0A4.jpeg

I got my pair from City Blue
I actually had to use shoe cleaner to remove a pen mark on the side panel which came out. I didn’t take pics but now looking at em I see the quality isn’t all that. I see a slight stain on the midsole left shoe and overall the “leather” is inconsistent. Also a couple dots by the toe box. I’ll try to clean the stains off next. I can’t agree with anyone who said these are on par with shadows, or pines/purps, let alone sbb’s (which I don’t have). I’d put these back for a different pair if I was in store, but since I don’t have that option I’m not sure. I guess I’ll beat em up since I love the colorway

B4911D22-A600-4EB0-B598-7D4520F70B40.jpeg

Latest Air Jordan 1 pickup finally came in for review: UNC Obsidian. Went usual Nike true to size 10.5 for exact fit. Materials are nice for this color scheme and better than my Wmns UNC patent leather version.
Definitely one of the nicer AJ1 versions for a regular release. No gimmicks. Solid for the collection.

source.gif

Back
Top Bottom