Air Jordan 1 OG high- OBSIDIAN August 31st 2019

I wanted UNC lows but might have to settle for these if they’re easier to obtain at retail... Never thought I’d see the day when AJ 1 OG Highs would become a consolation prize for an AJ 1 low lol

Last edited:
Navy and Carolina blue don’t mix?!? UNC kindly disagrees with you.
Its hard to find anything associated with UNC that has navy and Carolina blue together
The university is best known for the basketball team and that uniform has always been 99% Carolina blue

I figured thats the type of response I would get lol
Which logo and whats the dominant color, Carolina (Pantone) blue or navy blue?

I mean take your pick. But let’s not act like any of their other sports team haven’t or don’t utilize a navy jersey. But saying these two colors don’t go together, which they wear, is a reach

Attachments

• B8DA82BD-1AB9-4690-BB33-5D789C3A3709.png
    B8DA82BD-1AB9-4690-BB33-5D789C3A3709.png
    875 KB · Views: 5
  • 914E86C2-CC94-48CA-AEA0-F118F7D8F6B8.png
    914E86C2-CC94-48CA-AEA0-F118F7D8F6B8.png
    765.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 6DE60A50-4859-4DD0-8C84-E9C220FB377B.png
    6DE60A50-4859-4DD0-8C84-E9C220FB377B.png
    539.5 KB · Views: 0
  • D31EB06B-82D3-473A-A760-3BABA142EBD1.png
    D31EB06B-82D3-473A-A760-3BABA142EBD1.png
    515.9 KB · Views: 0
This particular shoe has navy blue as the dominant color
The average individual buying Jordans doesn't recognize navy blue as a color associated with UNC

j king is right about navy blue, which is a boring color way. There’s enough Carolina blue on them, though I wish the they flipped the sole colors around like the patent leather version.

There’s plenty teams that use both Carolina blue and navy blue

Sometimes it’s obvious aka Titans, Villanova, grizzlies, other times it’s on alternate jerseys or retro jerseys like Royals, mariners, braves, Lakers, Marquette (with yellow), plus all the soccer or hockey crap Im unfamiliar with....

But besides that, the obsidian color is pretty dark, almost black depending on lighting. All I mean is it’s muted, the Carolina blue is what pops and stands out. Either way it’s a great look and I’m pretty sure general public (sneaker heads or not) agree it’s clean af

The original comment wasn’t about this being a UNC “shoe.” No one has really claimed it to be one. The original comment was navy and Carolina blue don’t mix. Which UNC was used as an example, showing that opinion is false. There’s plenty of other examples that could be used.

There’s plenty teams that use both Carolina blue and navy blue

Sometimes it’s obvious aka Titans, Villanova, grizzlies, other times it’s on alternate jerseys or retro jerseys like Royals, mariners, braves, Lakers, Marquette (with yellow), plus all the soccer or hockey crap Im unfamiliar with....

But besides that, the obsidian color is pretty dark, almost black depending on lighting. All I mean is it’s muted, the Carolina blue is what pops and stands out. Either way it’s a great look and I’m pretty sure general public (sneaker heads or not) agree it’s clean af

Agreed. I’ve seen all over IG these are getting a lot of love. Just need one pair.

Yall are all correct about the color scheme
Now, UNC 11 lows have no navy blue
UNC 1s (powder blue) have no navy blue
Thats what the typical "shoe head" is used to so hopefully they'll ignore these long enough for us to get our pairs

Literally no navy blue in the arena on any logo in the picture
Maybe the trim around the letters on the scorers table
Not a drop of navy blue on the seats lol
Screenshot_20190815-212904~2.png

Yet it’s on his shoes and outlining the logo on the score table, not to mention the padding on that table lol. This really affecting you this much? Lol. Again UNC wasn’t even your original statement. I used it as an example that others backed as well lol.

His shoes aren't designed by the school but the stadium is lol
Your speaking Nike. I'm speaking University of North Carolina.
They aren't one in the same

The reality is this shoe should sit like those gym red did
But that little hint of Carolina Blue seems to be bringing out the " beast" in people

No man. I can’t believe this has gone on this much lol. The only reason UNC is being brought up, is because of your original statement. You said Carolina blue and navy don’t mix, and I used UNC as an example saying they’d disagree with you. But if we’re going to talk about UNC, you should probably look at more than just basketball at that campus. I mean their indoor track lanes alternate Carolina blue and navy. Navy and white are their secondary colors, so of course the majority shown will be their primary Carolina blue.

Side note - And yea I can speak for Nike/JB with those shoes he’s wearing because JB sponsors their athletic programs and outfits them. I mean JB’s creator/owner is only the most recognizable athlete in the world and UNC being his alma mater. Guess he might know?

And where’d all this talk about the little bit of Carolina blue “bringing out the hypebeast” come from? No dude, these shoes are just that nice.

Man dont nobody want this ugly shoe except old heads like me
The new retro 1 crowd doesn't want these and I don't blame them

Yall are all correct about the color scheme
Now, UNC 11 lows have no navy blue
UNC 1s (powder blue) have no navy blue
Thats what the typical "shoe head" is used to so hopefully they'll ignore these long enough for us (guess that includes you) to get our pairs

Let’s just end this discussion right here. Which one is it because it seems you can’t quite make up your mind?

Back
Top Bottom