Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG UNC Patent

yeah I don't know how, I was on airport wifi in Dubai and it was like 7pm over there and I barely submitted payment. Wifi got out of range, boarded my flight, 6 hours later and I land and get to another airport wifi I got an email saying my order was confirmed lol. I got back to the states like a day ago and I'm barely unpacked myself so I haven't opened the nike package yet. Didn't get to even try for the Turbos and I wanted those more

Hate calling in to footlockers to see if they have a size 14.

I called my local footlocker to check to see if they’re getting a 14, but I feel like they lie when they say they’re not getting a 14. Running outta options with these over hyped shoes!

yeah I don't know how, I was on airport wifi in Dubai and it was like 7pm over there and I barely submitted payment. Wifi got out of range, boarded my flight, 6 hours later and I land and get to another airport wifi I got an email saying my order was confirmed lol. I got back to the states like a day ago and I'm barely unpacked myself so I haven't opened the nike package yet. Didn't get to even try for the Turbos and I wanted those more

Sounds similar to how I copped my Gold Toes. Was boarding a flight, clicked on “purchase” on SNKRS literally a few seconds before my internet went down. Landed several hours later, and once I got internet back I was hit with the Got ‘Em. Couldn’t believe it. I believed I was leaving Korea and landed in Bali. Good times!

Wife’s pair came in. Its not really a filter/post processing issue so much as it is a pic taken in low light.
84FC2E24-DA71-43D9-8158-AF2D01BC0B7D.jpeg
84FC2E24-DA71-43D9-8158-AF2D01BC0B7D.jpeg

Just got a call 3 stores out here by me doing FCFS on thursday since they couldnt enter the szs in the app b4 the cutoff time today, now to see what i can trade for lol

What do beat patent leather AJ1's look like? Do they age well or do they start to look like a car wax infomercial?

th

it starts off looking bent out of shape and visible creases. Depending on how you store or care for them, they can start turning dull in color and eventually crack. They age terribly and thats why I don't prefer it on the 1's. I used to own DSM 1's which was patent leather, and before that I used to have the 2003 patent leather mids back in junior high school and they were so beat the patent leather cracked off

I finally saw a beat pair of patent leathers (Gold Toes) the other day. Like Vino says, they look bent out of shape. Warped. It was weird. I was trying not to stare, but yikes!

With that said, I'm going to wear and enjoy this pair, although I'll be mindful of how I walk. The Gold Toes, unfortunately, are probably going to be traded.

Just got a call 3 stores out here by me doing FCFS on thursday since they couldnt enter the szs in the app b4 the cutoff time today, now to see what i can trade for lol

What hours you work lol. I can only manage to sneak out for short periods on weekdays to do this...Thursday won't be one of them. I really just don't feel like dealing with resellers, especially when the only size I want is a 12 (I wear a men's 11) to even try to fit. Pretty sure those won't even be there.

it starts off looking bent out of shape and visible creases. Depending on how you store or care for them, they can start turning dull in color and eventually crack. They age terribly and thats why I don't prefer it on the 1's. I used to own DSM 1's which was patent leather, and before that I used to have the 2003 patent leather mids back in junior high school and they were so beat the patent leather cracked off
That's the reason I haven't worn my Gold Toes yet haha.... maybe if I had another pair then for sure.... but I dont....

Will shoe trees help the patented leather after wear?

It has with my Gold Toes. I put cedar shoe trees from Jos A Bank in them after the first wear. Holds it up a little better.

I wear loafers and oxfords every day at work...I have a ton of extra shoe trees for this reason. Might as well put em to use on something.

Appropriate Sizing Plays A Large Roll In Minimizing Creasing In These PL Drops As Well :wink:

Can Share Photo’s Later

PS- Best Of Luck To You Big Footers :wow:
A74CE2BC-3817-416A-A23A-571DD7E235C4.jpeg

Last edited:
Appropriate Sizing Plays A Large Roll In Minimizing Creasing In These PL Drops As Well :wink:

Can Share Photo’s Later

PS- Best Of Luck To You Big Footers :wow:
A74CE2BC-3817-416A-A23A-571DD7E235C4.jpeg

I dont think that size exists thats why someone made up a random asking price. StockX really lets people put stupid asks for nonexistent sizes on their site lol

IMG_3736.JPG

Can't remember last time buying a womens shoe, but lucked out with Personal size: Air Jordan 1 UNC. Went with a 12W equivalent true to size 10.5M. Still feels slightly bigger than a 10.5M. Not sure how to feel about the patent leather upper. Will not age/wear well. Why all Gold Toes in storage waiting for better weather special occasion. Interesting colorway concept for sure.

Woke up to an email from FA cancelling my order. Last hope is Footlocker app reservation. I have a 10 minute head start. Let's see if that will be good enough.

tried mine on last night, a little stiff (obvious reasons lol) but overall fit was similar to the men's size after conversion. Would be great if I could swap for some court purples too

Back
Top Bottom