Air Jordan 1 - What's the deal?

It seems like lately everytime I visit NikeTalk there's a new AJ 1 being releaased. And this seems to have been going on since last summer with therelease of the AJ 1 Military pack and just this morning (2/18/09) there were pics of "Do The Right Thing" AJ 1. I'm all for retros, especiallyif they're coming in OG colorways, but hasn't JB given us enough 1's already. I've never seen one shoe (especially Jordan) given to us in somany variations. Wouldn't JB be better served by giving us AJ VI white/infra-red or AJ IV white/cement (which was actually seen in Do The Right Thing). Some one in NT nation-please explain?

Holla back!!!

My theories-
1. They're probably rhe cheapest jordan for JB to produce and the cheapest price point for consumers

2. They still bear the Swoosh logo which nets Nike a nice chunk of the revenue so they push it harder for production

I'm tired of seeing the 1's being release every month....Too be honest I rarely see people rockin them.

not only are they probably cheaper, but i bet they are probably the easiest of all retroes to produce with decent quality. i noticed that all my 1s are fairlydecent in quality. they're basically built like a dunk, with no fancy painted midsoles to crack and peel.

Im more tired of seeing an AJI POST, hints this one
eyes.gif
For every AJI, therewere like 17 original AJI (including lows) that released, so it doesnt suprise me that JB keeps releasing these, like everyone says, "These are like theDUNK"
ohwell.gif
Maybe there should be AN OFFICIAL AJI POST, where all AJIINFO is at! (hint)
wink.gif
Mods? lol

Originally Posted by moorevisual

My theories-
1. They're probably rhe cheapest jordan for JB to produce and the cheapest price point for consumers

2. They still bear the Swoosh logo which nets Nike a nice chunk of the revenue so they push it harder for production

cosign

Why would nike give up on them. Every pair they release lately gets mad hypebeasted. i was out HOH last weekend when the max orange came out and they weresold out of most all sizes in the first hour. JB is not gonna stop with something that sells like crazy. I just cant wait for the year they give the XI thesame treatment they are giving the I's this year. I would need three jobs to support the habit.

This is very true as the shoe shares the same outsole as the mass produced Dunk low. The second part is false as the margins on the AJ I are huge& the $90 (Canadian) price point for the 'regular' not 'premier' models is very high for a shoe of its calibre.

This shoe is flooding the market and no longer a desired product.
Well said, I've been looking at this flood of AJ 1s and their bastardizations (Velcro His & Velcro Lows) with disdain and contempt.

Originally Posted by rillo561

I'm tired of seeing the 1's being release every month....Too be honest I rarely see people rockin them.
now that im thinking about it its true as many pair of 1's come out you hardy see people rocking them

ok just like how the 1's came out in a variety of colors in 1985-1986, now today they are sought after.

the og model that had the most colorways were the OG 1, and i bet in a couple years from now half of these wat are being released will be sought after justwatch, it always happens

I bet JB thinks since AF1's can do it, why can't we. And to tell you the truth, I happen to really like the I's, just not most of the crapcolorways that are being put out. But when a retro of an OG pair comes out, I usually cop. I don't think I's will ever grow old.

Easier to produce, no fancy stuff they gotta put on it.

Classic Design, and an iconic Sneaker for any head.

Im fine with the Metallic 1's, White/Red and White/Green are a must even if 1's are Flooded in the Market...they are Classics.

I just dont like the random 1s. Just make OG colors and peeps will be happy. I own the alphas and the Olympics....I wanted the blk/red and could not getthem....why can they just GR some decent normal 1s ingood colors.

Originally Posted by moorevisual

My theories-

these are good theories, i believe this was discussed in another thread also. some1 said it might have to do with the success of dunks so theystyle the AJ1 to be more like them in the sense of color. since its easy to mix and match colors with th AJ1 design

the real problem about this is that the 1's being made are ugly or wack as F. But these new dobthe right thing ones coming out are straight legit. Theyhave that retro feel to it.

There aint nothing wrong with the Air Jordan 1's. What is wrong is the ugly hypebeastish colorways and ideas that JB comes out with to sabotage the onceproud legacy of the AJ 1's. If JB would stick to OG colorways (and maaaann there were alot of them in 85) they'd be selling the 1's like hot cakes.

It's hard to knock the Jordan 1's. They're classics even if JB has bastardized them lately.
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom