Air Jordan 1 x UNION LA Thread

Joined Jun 21, 2015
Hoping I could get some help legit checking these. Any help would be appreciated.
I'd stay away - unless you already bought it :nerd:

Ask the seller if s/he ever took the laces out and relaced them, because the laces aren't laced up in the direction of the factory default. The pair in question have both pairs laced to the right first then left. Should be laced out first then the medial side second for both pairs. So if s/he says that it was never relaced, that's a big red flag already.

But if the seller does say that it was relaced, then the toebox holes are mad slanted. Look at the lace holes on the pair on the right. The second row of holes from the bottom damn near slants downards - the entire design of the holes on toebox is slanted on that pair.

Also, the leather on the heel is really tumbled on this pair. Should be smoother with maybe a bit of wrinkle only.

And I don't know if this is just because it's a bigger size, but the tip of the Wings logo shouldn't extend that far forward. Maybe somebody with a size 11 can chime in on this part. Mines is a size 8 directly from Union, and the tip of the Wings logo on my pair doesn't extend that far forward past the vertical stitching by the lace holes.

Last edited:
Joined Aug 3, 2012
I'd stay away - unless you already bought it :nerd:

Ask the seller if s/he ever took the laces out and relaced them, because the laces aren't laced up in the direction of the factory default. The pair in question have both pairs laced to the right first then left. Should be laced out first then the medial side second for both pairs. So if s/he says that it was never relaced, that's a big red flag already.

But if the seller does say that it was relaced, then the toebox holes are mad slanted. Look at the lace holes on the pair on the right. The second row of holes from the bottom damn near slants downards - the entire design of the holes on toebox is slanted on that pair.

Also, the leather on the heel is really tumbled on this pair. Should be smoother with maybe a bit of wrinkle only.

And I don't know if this is just because it's a bigger size, but the tip of the Wings logo shouldn't extend that far forward. Maybe somebody with a size 11 can chime in on this part. Mines is a size 8 directly from Union, and the tip of the Wings logo on my pair doesn't extend that far forward past the vertical stitching by the lace holes.
I appreciate the detailed response. I'll have to ask about the re-lacing. I was concerned about the wings logo as well but saw a few pairs online where it did extent that far out...I'm hoping it's size-dependent. The guy I'm buying them from is as legit as they come (actually works at a sneaker boutique where I live), and he's giving me a really good deal on them..Might have to pass, though. Thanks again.

laxidasical

Supporter
Joined Jan 21, 2016
The rough cut of the leather on the right toe box looks iffy as well. They’ve been at least tried on. You can see the folding on the right heel from some one walking in them. I’d give them the smell test. Real Unions smell like real leather; some of the most ‘Jordan 1’ smelling shoes I’ve come across. If you take a good, deep breath and get a contact high from the glue, you know they’re fugazi.

laxidasical

Supporter
Joined Jan 21, 2016
The rough cut of the leather on the right toe box looks iffy as well. They’ve been at least tried on. You can see the folding on the right heel from some one walking in them. I’d give them the smell test. Real Unions smell like real leather; some of the most ‘Jordan 1’ smelling shoes I’ve come across. If you take a good, deep breath and get a contact high from the glue, you know they’re fugazi.
Also, that box is damaged at the bottom. Don’t know why, but every fake pair has those crushed corners and compression marks. Maybe they shipped them stacked incorrectly?

Joined Aug 3, 2012
Thanks!! They're a used pair, do you think that would explain the issues you raised? Leather seems very good on them, honestly.

Joined May 1, 2015
Hoping I could get some help legit checking these. Any help would be appreciated.
I would probably stay away from the shoes the leather on the wings is a little bit too tumbled. Also, the yellow stitching is a little bit too yellow in my opinion.

Last edited:
Joined Dec 2, 2018
Fake as f... Hope you didn't buy em
UN/LA tag is too short, yellow stitching is off, shape is wayyyyy off

I'd recommend doing some research yourself if you're trying to buy these. Pretty easy to spot fakes once you know what too look for

Joined Aug 3, 2012
Fake as f... Hope you didn't buy em
UN/LA tag is too short, yellow stitching is off, shape is wayyyyy off

I'd recommend doing some research yourself if you're trying to buy these. Pretty easy to spot fakes once you know what too look for
No, thank goodness I didn't cop. Too much of a headache trying to cop local. Probably just save myself the trouble and cop off goat.

Last edited:
Joined Sep 22, 2014
JB supplying their own fakes. Trying to steal back market share from actual fakes.:tongue:
Un-Unions.jpeg
I honestly don’t understand the point of this-why don’t they just mash up different cws instead of doing this? I don’t see the point in keeping the bred/black toe design on these newer quasi-take down versions.

On a deeper note, I think these 3 releases could act as an allegory for economic inequality in society as a whole.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now