Air Jordan 1 x UNION LA Thread

Haha That's an interesting story.

Thanks! Yeah, the label and size tag are definitely weird, and not sure if all samples are like that. Surprised StockX certifies them...

promo labels and size tags vary between promos. I can't say 100% thats facts but I've seen other promos of other shoes with different tags and box labels, and sometimes no box/labels at all. If your pair is indeed legit and is a promo pair, I'd definitely keep them. Makes them more special IMO.

and as far as the story goes, yeah its pretty funny and interesting and always good to watch. Heres the video if you're interested

promo labels and size tags vary between promos. I can't say 100% thats facts but I've seen other promos of other shoes with different tags and box labels, and sometimes no box/labels at all. If your pair is indeed legit and is a promo pair, I'd definitely keep them. Makes them more special IMO.

and as far as the story goes, yeah its pretty funny and interesting and always good to watch. Heres the video if you're interested

Lol, too funny. Thanks for that, never seen that vid before

Gold

I hate to be this guys, but I just got my 12.5 from StockX and it's weird. The box doesn't show the usual tag and inside the sneaker, the label is also not the typical one. So this one is either a sample or a one-off for Chris Gibbs. Or a fake.

Union-Jordan-03.jpg

I'm no expert and not necessarily saying fake either, but the blue stitching by the eyelets doesnt look as tight as most pairs. maybe sample pairs are a little different though?

C29899AE-1357-47AA-8798-BFF83D4A45D8.jpeg

Last edited:
I hate to be this guys, but I just got my 12.5 from StockX and it's weird. The box doesn't show the usual tag and inside the sneaker, the label is also not the typical one. So this one is either a sample or a one-off for Chris Gibbs. Or a fake.

Union-Jordan-01.jpg Union-Jordan-02.jpg Union-Jordan-03.jpg Union-Jordan-04.jpg Union-Jordan-05.jpg Union-Jordan-06.jpg Union-Jordan-07.jpg Union-Jordan-08.jpg Union-Jordan-09.jpg

The pair looks fine to me (box label/size tag/font), but I'm not an expert at telling fakes. :ohwell:

I can say that promotional samples are made like this for every shoe. In 95% of the cases, the shoe is identical to retail (including quality) but they do it to not disrupt with the amount made for the general public. Jordan will often make a set amount of pairs for various reasons which include F&F, influencers & general marketing. Seeing as this one was addressed to Chris, it is possibly from the amount of pairs he was given by Jordan to give to his F&F. Obviously you having them now means the person he gave them to sold on SX. :lol:

It is not a 1/1. Hope that helps.:nthat:

PO

I'm no expert and not necessarily saying fake either, but the blue stitching by the eyelets doesnt look as tight as most pairs. maybe sample pairs are a little different though?

C29899AE-1357-47AA-8798-BFF83D4A45D8.jpeg

Agreed, your stitching looks tighter. Mine looks the same on size 13 I have. See next post

The pair looks fine to me (box label/size tag/font), but I'm not an expert at telling fakes. :ohwell:

I can say that promotional samples are made like this for every shoe. In 95% of the cases, the shoe is identical to retail (including quality) but they do it to not disrupt with the amount made for the general public. Jordan will often make a set amount of pairs for various reasons which include F&F, influencers & general marketing. Seeing as this one was addressed to Chris, it is possibly from the amount of pairs he was given by Jordan to give to his F&F. Obviously you having them now means the person he gave them to sold on SX. :lol:

It is not a 1/1. Hope that helps.:nthat:

PO

Ok, so you have me worried a bit now. I just went and pulled out my size 13 from storage and compared them. A few things:

1. The stitching on size 13 (purchased from Nike UK by me) has a tighter weave
2. The color around the leather (where the leather is cut) is more orange on the Stockx sample pair versus a more greenish color on the original size 13 pair.

See attached and also some videos

In the photos, the top pair is from Nike UK, in the videos, the left pair is from StockX

Union-Jordan-closeup-01.jpg Union-Jordan-closeup-02.jpg Union-Jordan-closeup-03.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, so you have me worried a bit now. I just went and pulled out my size 13 from storage and compared them. A few things:

1. The stitching on size 13 (purchased from Nike UK by me) has a tighter weave
2. The color around the leather (where the leather is cut) is more orange on the Stockx sample pair versus a more greenish color on the original size 13 pair.

See attached and also some videos

In the photos, the top pair is from Nike UK, in the videos, the left pair is from StockX

Union-Jordan-closeup-01.jpg Union-Jordan-closeup-02.jpg Union-Jordan-closeup-03.jpg

I still think you are good man. I have been collecting samples for almost half my life. That shoe size tag & box label are spot on font wise, which is something I haven't seen fakes master. The shoes themselves do have slight differences as you have shown, but these probably just fall in that range of shoes that don't exactly mimic retail pairs. As i mentioned before, I'm no expert, but there is nothing that screams fake about that particular pair to me.

Try reaching out to consignment shops to get another look if you live in LA/NY.

PO

I still think you are good man. I have been collecting samples for almost half my life. That shoe size tag & box label are spot on font wise, which is something I haven't seen fakes master. The shoes themselves do have slight differences as you have shown, but these probably just fall in that range of shoes that don't exactly mimic retail pairs. As i mentioned before, I'm no expert, but there is nothing that screams fake about that particular pair to me.

Try reaching out to consignment shops to get another look if you live in LA/NY.

PO

Thanks. I guess the differences between the sample and the production pair threw me off. They are obvious.

Get this...I ordered a pair of size 14’s from StockX last week, they sent me an email this morning notifying me that the shoes have arrived to their warehouse and are 100% Authentic / DS but they are Chris Gibbs’s samples, they just wanted to confirm with me if they should proceed with shipping them to me.
10E17969-723E-4419-9BE8-F1ADC611E95D.jpeg
B61BDF2D-4284-48B4-83AE-8D6BBE56840E.jpeg
444FBF96-2F69-4A96-841B-162885B406C4.jpeg
76D59D71-7BC9-49C7-A80D-25DA336AF0DD.jpeg

also, can't even see the swoosh in any of the photos, while the shoes themselves look good

need to see da swoosh

Back
Top Bottom