Air Jordan 1 x UNION LA Thread

all smaller size 1s seem to be going up. probably more market manipulation/mass buyers. these unions actually stabilized for a long time while the travis scott hype erupted.

Hi all,

I just got a pair of Union Storm Blue today in the mail from GOAT (brand new, not used). Upon opening the box, I noticed that it does not come with a bag of yellow lace. I was wondering if the storm blue comes with it? Should I be worried? I sent an email to GOAT and waiting for their reply.

Hi all,

I just got a pair of Union Storm Blue today in the mail from GOAT (brand new, not used). Upon opening the box, I noticed that it does not come with a bag of yellow lace. I was wondering if the storm blue comes with it? Should I be worried? I sent an email to GOAT and waiting for their reply.
Yellow laces were included with Storm Blues. Check inside the shoes, maybe they were stuffed on there.

Yellow laces were included with Storm Blues. Check inside the shoes, maybe they were stuffed on there.

I checked inside the shoes and all over the box and I do not have the yellow lace. I’m a bit worried if goat also doesn’t include accessories for DS like stockx.

The only response I've gotten so far, 3 days after I started my ticket Monday afternoon. Pretty annoying.
SmartSelect_20190816-092918_GOAT.jpg
So I finally got a meaningful response a WEEK after I started my ticket with the pictures of that stain. At this point their offer is $60 goat credit or a full refund. I'm trying to figure out the best bet. A refund is good but then I'll have to spend $100+ for the same pair. Or take the $60 credit and try to carefully clean that area? But I'm afraid of worsening it or not being able to resell it if I go that route. What would you guys go do?

So I finally got a meaningful response a WEEK after I started my ticket with the pictures of that stain. At this point their offer is $60 goat credit or a full refund. I'm trying to figure out the best bet. A refund is good but then I'll have to spend $100+ for the same pair. Or take the $60 credit and try to carefully clean that area? But I'm afraid of worsening it or not being able to resell it if I go that route. What would you guys go do?
Ask them if you can keep it in their GOAT storage to sell at a later date.

why dont you try to clean it first then make your decision? I said this before, a soft bristle brush and some soap and water will get that area clean.

why dont you try to clean it first then make your decision? I said this before, a soft bristle brush and some soap and water will get that area clean.
That material on the top of the heel seems tricky, like it could easily spread or worsen. You think just soap and water and soft bristle brush will take care of it and not damage that area? If it works then yeah of course I'd go that route. Appreciate the suggestion

That material on the top of the heel seems tricky, like it could easily spread or worsen. You think just soap and water and soft bristle brush will take care of it and not damage that area? If it works then yeah of course I'd go that route. Appreciate the suggestion

You might want to try a suede brush first. I have both unions and am familiar with the material. I think soap and water or any liquid cleaning should be your second option. I use the suede brush on all my new balances and you’d be surprised with what it will get out. You kinda just gently rub it in a circular motion, no liquid needed. The brush is brass bristles.

feel like a towel and some warm water would get it out

I am not sure I would try a suede brush on it, just me though.

feel like a towel and some warm water would get it out

I am not sure I would try a suede brush on it, just me though.
I def hear you. I think if you’re gentle enough using it, it’ll be ok.

Edit: I wanted to be sure I felt 100% comfortable with this suggestion so I went down and grabbed my pair and used the brush on it, about a quarter sized area, and I feel good with this suggestion. If you’re gentle and rub/dab around the area it might just do the trick.

CD7FAABB-5C8A-4EEB-B0E3-F769AE0CF2F5.jpeg

Last edited:

This is the cleaner I use, EBkicks. With their included sponge, I was able to remove 7 year old embedded coffee stains that soap and water couldn’t, from the laces and white nylon area on my Carmine 6s. Great product! You can go on their instagram and see it in action.

Just tried the warm wet towel approach. I'll reassess after it dries and pursue one of those brushes if I need to. Probably not worth the hassle of returning for a refund only to have to pay more for a new pair with no guarantee of what shape that will come in. I'm pretty confident this is my last purchase from goat though. I've bought 20+ shoes from stockx and never had this issue. Maybe I've been lucky, but I'll stick with what's been working. Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

Just tried the warm wet towel approach. I'll reassess after it dries and pursue one of those brushes if I need to. Probably not worth the hassle of returning for a refund only to have to pay more for a new pair with no guarantee of what shape that will come in. I'm pretty confident this is my last purchase from goat though. I've bought 20+ shoes from stockx and never had this issue. Maybe I've been lucky, but I'll stick with what's been working. Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

how did it turn out?

MVIMG_20190821_125420.jpg
MVIMG_20190821_125408.jpg
MVIMG_20190821_125337.jpg
It actually does look better I think. I think you'd have to look really hard to notice a difference and still might not see anything. I think that actually worked! But now it's bothering me that the shoes are different heights. Is that common? I already told goat I'll just take the $60 credit. I basically got these for $1080, not terrible as it's gone up quickly since then.

Back
Top Bottom